collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Ponycon theme announced - ‘Ocean Adventure!’  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Instagram
UK Ponycon theme announced - ‘Ocean Adventure!’
« on: January 19, 2019, 03:31:21 PM »
I just checked the UK Ponycon forum and the theme has been announced!

Ocean Adventure seems very fitting after all the seapony hype last year! I can’t wait to get started on some ocean themes artwork.

I’m looking forward to the venue announcement - I am hoping for somewhere central again and not too far north/south. What kind of location is everyone else hoping for? And what location has been your favourite so far?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | My Wishlist | Art Trades and Sales | eBay Sales
Thanks Shaiyeh for my sig!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dazzle Surprise
Re: UK Ponycon theme announced - ‘Ocean Adventure!’
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »
I can not wait either to hear where it will be :)  The sort of location I am hoping for is for one with a hotel near the venue and to shop outside convention hours. And the airport ofcourse but that's more logical if they want people from abroad :)
I really liked Birmingham venue but thats not an option anymore I heard. Last years location in Nottingham was also cool.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 08:26:01 AM »
yes, nottingham was nice! Any place very close to a bigger airport is more than welcome. XD
i will most definately be on this years convention again. *squeeeeee* can not wait!
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:01:09 PM »
Manchester would be a great location, but I am biased!

I also really enjoyed Birmingham, so it’s a shame it’s not going to be there again! Nottingham was great last year too. The building was very well laid out with the different levels and rooms.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 06:03:54 PM »
So excited! I really hope it's Nottingham again! It's nice and convenient for me  :P

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+387)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 08:25:31 AM »
I hope to attend the first time this year, depending on the time frame and yes as I come from Berlin a bigger airport would be really helpful and good connections to the hotel and the convention venue.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »
I don't really know what the problems are around Birmingham, but that would be my chosen venue. It hasn't actually been in Birmingham since 2006. West Bromwich was 2010 but that's not in Birmingham. And even looking at that, it's been almost ten years since the last time a ponycon was in the West Midlands.

SInce then it';s been in the East mids four times - twice in Leicester and twice in Nottingham. That seems unbalanced. Of course, it might go north or south, which is fair enough too, but I feel like the committees have forgotten that the midlands isn't just East Midlands in recent years and that Birmingham has an airport. And there must be venues in the area, and it's extremely central for all travellers. Much easier to access than Notts or Leicester as Birmingham New St is the busiest station outside of London, with the most trains.

If not, Wolverhampton could be an option, or maybe Coventry. Those both have decent train links. Walsall is another though it doesn't have a direct airport link I don't think? (Or does it? Maybe it does). Even Telford has a huge convention centre, which would probably be quite cheap, although that's an hour from the airport and the transport is a bit more suspect.

If it is in the midlands, I really want it to come back to the West Mids at last. It's really wrong that in almost ten years it hasn't been in the West Mids.

If it goes North or South then my concern is really transport access. I don't know where I will be in October yet so I am making my suggestions based on where I know I can get to from my parents, but I know I'm not the only one frustrated with it always being East Mids when the Midlands' turn comes around. It's a lot more difficult and expensive to get to Leicester and Notts.

West Mids please. It's about time.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:54:16 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
It has been announced it will be Nottingham at the same venue again :) This time I hope to meet everyone again I missed last time because I was sick.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
Yes! So glad it's in Nottingham again! It was such a good event last year that I'm glad it gets to be the same all over again :)

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 08:37:23 PM »
It has been announced it will be Nottingham at the same venue again :) This time I hope to meet everyone again I missed last time because I was sick.

So that will be five times in the east mids to none in the west in last nine years.

I wonder if the committee realise the unequal cost burden of that fact.

Also, given my problems with navigation, it is hugely stressful dragging all around the country, getting lost, getting stranded (that happened in Bristol) and the extra cost of it. It is a personal thing but it would be nice JUST FOR ONCE to be able to go to ponycon with zero hassle.

I don't know if I will go this year yet. It depends where I am this autumn, which right now I don 't know. With this news I'm not inspired to buy tickets, since last year was expensive and I can't really justify that kind of outlay again at the moment. It may be by the time I know the answer, the tickets will be sold out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:40:04 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 09:46:03 AM »
I think the the committee thought "we liked it lets go there again".  But I also agree with your thoughts. Ponycon should be held in different places so everyone can attend.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+200)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • My personal site
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »
I don't really know what the problems are around Birmingham, but that would be my chosen venue. It hasn't actually been in Birmingham since 2006. West Bromwich was 2010 but that's not in Birmingham. And even looking at that, it's been almost ten years since the last time a ponycon was in the West Midlands.

I didn't like Birmingham... The venue was nice, but the neighbourhood... not so much. That was a very general complaint back then. People didn't feel comfortable enough to go out without a group.
So I think that might be the main reason why it has been avoided.

I'm pretty happy with Nottingham. I've already booked a stall with Nienna and Yum-Yum.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:30:07 PM by Moonbreeze »

G2 Backcards wanted! |||| Avatar by Griffin!!
|||DA|||Website||| Commissions|||Sales|||Wantlist|||RedBubble|||

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 08:39:41 PM »
I’m looking into train tickets to travel from Manchester early in the morning. I’ll be coming back from Nottingham late evening. Is anyone else doing the same route?

Offline Rodneytheponydude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Im the most rootin tootin cowboy in the wild west!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 06:15:55 PM »
Manchester wouldve been great for me; but i guess ill have to travel to nottingham to get a piece of the action :)

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 10:09:10 AM »
Only a few more weeks to go :) Who else is excited?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal