collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 guides?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
G4 guides?
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:30:06 AM »
Having been gone from MLP collecting for a few years has left me a bit 'behind' and I thought I would brush up on the last few years releases of G4's to see what I missed and to continue on my G4 checklists. (I've been making my own by going through websites and cross-referencing the releases year by year.)

But as I headed over to MLP Merch, which used to be my number 1 stop for info on G4 releases, and clicked G4 and Brushables all I got was a white page. I've tried for a few days now and it doesn't seem to work. Not on my laptop and not on my Ipad. Other pages works fine on MLP Merch but for some reason not that one.
So question number 1 is: Is it just me or is there something wonky with the site?

Since I couldn't get MLP Merch to work I headed over to the other sites that I used to visit for info on G4's.

I checked the Arenas 'Out Now and Coming Soon' Wix site but that doesn't seem to have been updated since 2015? Or am I missing something?
I checked Strawberry Reefs site, but that definitely hasn't been updated since 2015.
I checked MyLittleWiki but nothing has been added there for 2017 or 2018 (the two years I'm lost on and was going to look up info on, of course :P)

When all attempts to find a site with info on the last few years G4 releases had failed I made a Google search. But nothing. Not that I didn't already knew of and which isn't up to date anyway.

So question number 2: Does anyone know a site with info on the last few years releases of G4's? It would be much appreciated!
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: G4 guides?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 04:19:42 AM »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 04:53:32 AM »
it may just be having troubles loading? sometimes it doesn't load for me (it isn't right now, for example) but usually it does work...

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 05:08:42 AM »
I'll notified Ossie. See if he can see what's wrong. Have you tried ctrl+F5? :)

For now it's best to visit www.mlpmerch.com first and then go to the databases. There seems to be a problem something when you go directly to data.mlpmerch.com. But we're working on it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:12:34 AM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 06:06:21 AM »
This page?
https://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/all/

Works for me...

Yup, that's the one. When clicking it it just comes up like a white page for me on all my devices :S

it may just be having troubles loading? sometimes it doesn't load for me (it isn't right now, for example) but usually it does work...

So it might not just be me then? That's a relief I guess because I wouldn't even know where to begin to sort it out. I'm just that tech-savy ;)

I do feel MLP Merch is hands down the best site for G4 info at the time being. That is... when it's working for me :P And I guess maybe the only one, too, that is keeping up these days?
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 06:19:27 AM »
This page?

Works for me...
Odd it's working for me, maybe it's your internet?

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 06:24:31 AM »
This page?

Works for me...

Yup, that's the one. When clicking it it just comes up like a white page for me on all my devices :S

Try another browser?

--
@TornadoTwist
Worked ok with an android phone with chrome.
Worked ok on an apple on chrome
Doesn't work (white page) on an apple using a very outdated safari (ver 8.0.8.). also checked my newer apple and didn't work safari ver 12.0.1.

Not sure if that helps?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:46:58 AM by banditpony »

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 06:34:19 AM »
Like I posted before. It seems there are problems sometimes when you go directly to the data.mlpmerch site. If you first go to the blog and then use the sidebar it should work.

We have no idea whats causing this but we're working on a solution.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 06:44:45 AM »
Like I posted before. It seems there are problems sometimes when you go directly to the data.mlpmerch site. If you first go to the blog and then use the sidebar it should work.

I was using the main page and using side bar but was able to duplicate a white page.

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »
So far I've tried the browsers Firefox, Pale Moon and Internet Explorer on my computer and it hasn't worked on either. I've also tried on my husbands computer which is brand new (I thought my ancient one might be causing the problem) but no luck. I tried on our iPad with both our regular wifi and our mobile internet which is from another provider. But again - no luck.

I have an old flip-phone from 10 years ago so nothing is going to work on that :P But I could try my husbands iPhone I guess.

And yeah, I've tried accessing the site in every possible way I can think of but the end result is all the same :(
It should be noted that most stuff on MLP Merchs site works just fine for me. I can log on the page and click links to almost all other things with no problem. The pages that I can't access, that just turns up white no matter what, are the G4 Brushables as well as some of the other G4 links and also the Checklist. That's why I found it so strange :S
~*Erica*~

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 07:08:10 AM »
Someone on Twitter also reported it and another one came with a solution that worked for him/her. Just sharing, maybe it works for you as well.

"Hi just chiming in hopefully to offer help tips. I just had similar issues with some of the database pages not loading. (Using Chrome on Windows 10.) I found that clearing the browser's cached images and files, and then reloading the page, fixed it."

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 07:13:56 AM »
Someone on Twitter also reported it and another one came with a solution that worked for him/her. Just sharing, maybe it works for you as well.

"Hi just chiming in hopefully to offer help tips. I just had similar issues with some of the database pages not loading. (Using Chrome on Windows 10.) I found that clearing the browser's cached images and files, and then reloading the page, fixed it."

Thank you for the tip! Like I said, I'm not very tech-savy at all, so I'll have to ask my husband when he gets home to help me try this. Hopefully it helps :) I'll keep you posted.
~*Erica*~

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 07:45:06 AM »

This did not work with safari ver 8.0.8 or ver 12.0.1.
And if it makes any difference, I literally never used safari on the newest computer. ^_^;

And for fun. It doesn't work on the newer apple with chrome version 71.0.2578.98
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:49:13 AM by banditpony »

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 07:59:42 AM »

Thank you for the tip! Like I said, I'm not very tech-savy at all, so I'll have to ask my husband when he gets home to help me try this. Hopefully it helps :) I'll keep you posted.

Could you try again? I'm not able to test it on iOS/MacOS, but I'm pretty sure it should work better now.

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 08:05:52 AM »
Pony herd teamwork!  :)  I hope you can get it to work because that's the only G4 website I can think of that is current...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal