collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collecting Everything Twice? Opinions / Questions? (Basic Fun)  (Read 8214 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting Everything Twice? Opinions / Questions? (Basic Fun)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 12:16:07 PM »
My kid is super excited about them, she keeps asking for her own...

Always awesome to sse that kids like these too. Who is she after?

Any of them. All of them. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »
Due to my asthma and the first issue of Rainbows almost being a no go unless MIB. I'll buy doubles of Windy and Sky Dancer as mine cannot be taken out. Already have an otherwise great condition but tailless Moondancer and a slightly loved Glory from thrifting. Will buy both of the reissues for them, normally I don't collect doubles of anything.

But Basic Fun has made me want to, also my MIB ponies are displayed with my out of box ones. Makes a nice showing of what they look like in both forms. That' just me, you do you and do what you like. I've loved reading everyone's replies.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »
Unfortunately we don't have them here, but if we did, I'd probably just buy the selective few that strike my fancy at that moment. I honestly don't see the point of buying all these ponies for my collection, they aren't even "real" anyway. However, I would love it so much to experience the magic of buying a G1 from a toy store again! :D That's why I would pick just two or three favourites. I would probably open them, but put them back in the package for display purposes. ^.^

Anyway, I really don't get why they don't make any actual NEW sets, G1 style. That would be so much cooler...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 01:21:19 PM »

Anyway, I really don't get why they don't make any actual NEW sets, G1 style. That would be so much cooler...

That's why we have the HQCG1 Project:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394099.0.html
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
Yes, it's such an awesome initiative. :D But unfortunately I only like a few of them. With all due respect, but most of the colour schemes don't give me that "pony feeling" that takes you back to the G1 era.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 01:32:10 PM »
My kid is super excited about them, she keeps asking for her own...

Always awesome to sse that kids like these too. Who is she after?

Any of them. All of them.

Same as a kid. I snatched up all the 25th anniversary ponies as a preteen and wanted almost every G1 I saw at secondhand shops. The only ones I really specifically wanted were Lofty and Paradise (until I found out Lofty was yellow not white).
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 03:12:42 PM »
I bought 2 sets of the Baaic Fun 35th anniverasry ponies (one set to open and one to keep MIB) I had hoped to buy 2 sets of the Rainbow and unicorn/pegasus sets also but I haven’t been able complete one set of the Rainbows or unicorn/pegasus ponies. With the recent news of the Earth and year 3 Rainbows ponies I’m starting to rethink getting 2 sets of each.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »
I love them all and have bought everything I've seen so far. Part of the appeal is the packaging, so I'm not opening. If I run out of room, more things will have to be packed away until I can make room. Waiting for the unicorn and pegasus wave to hit locally. I just found the other three scented Rainbow Ponies that I needed last weekend. I don't intend to buy the unscented ones, though. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to open the Pretty Parlor.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 04:57:17 PM »
I've been able to ignore most of these as I told myself I already have them. These newest however :blush: I will probably get the second set of Rainbows as I'm missing two, 3 are variants and one is baity. Also I love the sitting poses, Bowtie looks like she has lighter pink hair and Applejack us favorite pony:)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »
I only collect one of each. I have thought about getting another set of each to take out. But I am also trying to be very smart with my money!

I am so very excited to see these next ones in person!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 07:02:11 PM »
I got the six collector ponies and the rainbow ponies for the 35th anniversary gimmick, as I have the 25th ann. sets too.  But after that, why do I want more of the same pony?  I did buy Twilight, Medley and Sunbeam to have mint and pretty, but I left behind Firefly, Moondancer and Glory cause I have so many doubles already by way of buying lots. 
As we move forward, I don't know what I'll do.  I don't need more of the same thing.  Maybe a MIB Pinwheel as she was the second pony I got as a child after Windy, but really no more. 

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 08:44:15 PM »
I've been super good so far and only bought pretty parlor so I can at least display my original with a box and have a twinkles since I haven't gotten an original one yet! But this next release is going to be super hard for me, All the year 2s I got with pretty parlor as a hand me down from cousins and they are all new and flawless and ugh.... I know I don't need two of everything!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 10:10:58 PM »
I have decided not to collect all of them. I have all 6 of the CP set only because I can no longer return them to the store. I did end up returning my complete rainbow set, and only bought Firefly and Glory from the 3rd set. I just don't want to spiral out of control and feel I need to collect every re-released pony. By letting some slip through now, I eliminate any desire to do so down the road
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 10:44:25 PM »
I'll be buying them all except repeats like the non scented Rainbows. I haven't decided yet if I'll be deboxing them or not. Space is limited but I'm still working on the collection room so we'll see what I come up with for display.

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »
I’m getting duplicates. I have my original release ponies and am buying one of each of the Basic Fun ones. I originally wanted to buy 2 of each of the Basic Fun ones so I could keep one in the box  and take the other out, but that would have been too costly. My original ones will be the ones out of box and my Basic Fun ones will stay in the box. I just can’t turn away from the Basic Fun ones as they are quite well done, have lovely packaging, and for the most part have brighter colours. The accessories were a big deal for me too. Although, I was disappointed with the reusing of Rainbow Brushes and the discontinuation of stickers, with the Unicorn and Pegasus set. I hope Canada gets this set and the new ones soon! The 25th anniversary sets never made it to stores around me so I do not have those, other than 1-2 collector ones that came in lots I bought.  They weren’t nice enough for me to try and find and order online. I do love the Basic Fun ones though and would be thrilled if they redid the entirety of the G1 line although I don’t think it’ll go quite that far. I’d love reissues of the UK ponies we never got as well.

I’ve also been buying the Basic Fun ones as gifts for my niece and friends’ little girls. I want to spread the G1 love to new generations.  My niece hadn’t really played with the duplicate loose ponies I gave her until she unboxed one of the new ones. She loves them now, and uses the litttle comb and brush to style all their hair.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:50:35 AM by StrawberryScoops »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal