collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Konmari Method = More Space for Ponies!  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Konmari Method = More Space for Ponies!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 05:29:05 PM »
Looks really good.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 05:34:39 PM »
I have been a minimalist my whole life! But there was no name for it back then. It makes me happy to see that many people are turning to a more simple life. But I also worry if this is just a passing fad that will died. I have been reading there are many donation sites that have been overloaded and telling people to stop bring things. This has started after this show started on the first of the year! I would love to watch it but I do not have Netflix.

But to get on a positive note! I am very happy that you have gone threw your things. And now are able to show off your ponies! Having a more simple wardrobe also will bring more peace to your life! There is less that you have to pick from. It will cost you less in washing them also! I keep mine simple with no crazy bright colors! But you can do any color that bring you joy! There is no set rules to this!

I love having only what brings me joy in my home! :)

Keep up the great work!

Yes! I love my capsule wardrobe. It has been such a great helping me get ready quickly in the morning and developing a professional "look"!
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 06:36:21 PM »
Good job! I bet you enjoy your collection much more now that it's organized and you can see them better.
I didn't use the Konmari method but have been applying principles of minimalism to my life the past few years. Tidying up really does make such a difference in many ways.

I agree so much! My journey started with wanting to lose weight, then I wanted to look professional, so I researched professional wardrobes. I stumbled across minimalism and capsule wardrobes. So I parsed down my closet and pinned a ton of ideas. Then I purchased off Amazon what I still needed and developed my wardrobe from there. After that, I learned about the Konmari method, purged a ton of items that didn't bring joy, and now this. I feel so much light both physically and mentally thanks to taking a more positive and proactive approach to my life.
That's wonderful! Wardrobe is still something I struggle with, not in terms of # of items necessarily but in terms of what is appropriate, versatile, I feel good wearing, and fits my lifestyle.

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 04:59:45 AM »
Good job! I bet you enjoy your collection much more now that it's organized and you can see them better.
I didn't use the Konmari method but have been applying principles of minimalism to my life the past few years. Tidying up really does make such a difference in many ways.

I agree so much! My journey started with wanting to lose weight, then I wanted to look professional, so I researched professional wardrobes. I stumbled across minimalism and capsule wardrobes. So I parsed down my closet and pinned a ton of ideas. Then I purchased off Amazon what I still needed and developed my wardrobe from there. After that, I learned about the Konmari method, purged a ton of items that didn't bring joy, and now this. I feel so much light both physically and mentally thanks to taking a more positive and proactive approach to my life.
That's wonderful! Wardrobe is still something I struggle with, not in terms of # of items necessarily but in terms of what is appropriate, versatile, I feel good wearing, and fits my lifestyle.

That is so very true. I am learning more about versatility as I continue to develop my "look". I have found that sticking to dark solid colors seems to be really helpful in combining items. Today it is Friday, so I can wear jeans. So for examples I am in my dark blue jean, a black tee, and a burgundy cardigan. If I hadn't run out the door I would have some time to do my hair and add some accessories, but getting up at 5:30 today was challenge enough. Since most of my outfits tend to be understated in terms of pattern, I try to wear more interesting jewelry like statement necklaces, a brooch, or a couple mixed bangles. If I had made the time this morning, I probably would have worn my silver sparrow necklace, and some pink and white bangles.

What colors and styles do you find most attractive for you?

Offline Silver Letter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 05:50:21 PM »
Delightful pony collection...it looks good as it is now.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 09:58:37 PM »
That is so very true. I am learning more about versatility as I continue to develop my "look". I have found that sticking to dark solid colors seems to be really helpful in combining items. Today it is Friday, so I can wear jeans. So for examples I am in my dark blue jean, a black tee, and a burgundy cardigan. If I hadn't run out the door I would have some time to do my hair and add some accessories, but getting up at 5:30 today was challenge enough. Since most of my outfits tend to be understated in terms of pattern, I try to wear more interesting jewelry like statement necklaces, a brooch, or a couple mixed bangles. If I had made the time this morning, I probably would have worn my silver sparrow necklace, and some pink and white bangles.

What colors and styles do you find most attractive for you?

Sounds like you really figured out what will work for you without giving up your individuality.
I agree about the dark solid colors.
I trend toward med-dark tones of blue, grey, purple & green with black accents.
Currently, my most common outfit is quite casual: dark blue jeggings with black belt, basic t-shirt & grey flats. Or when it's cooler like now I wear my black boots and an athletic style zipper hoodie. (My part time job has a strict dress code so that's easy.)
What I struggle with mostly trying to find appropriate, simple tops that work in slightly more "nice" or more professional setting but are also easy to care for. I feel like many items go out of style easily or can give very different impressions depending on the cut and fabric. So, versatility is a challenge.
I'm in college so what I mentioned above is fine most days but when I do events/parties/conferences/meetings I end up scouring my closet for appropriate items. I don't like having a lot of items only for special events but more and more it's becoming necessary. Those type of things tend to be not comfortable/versatile enough for everyday wear for me either. I'm also in my 30s which is turning out to be a difficult time for fashion for me. I would like to be dressing a little nicer than I do but not ready to be dressing much "older".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:03:09 PM by Flitter »

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 11:26:23 PM »
Wow, that looks really nice! Do you mind if I use you for some inspiration? I’m going to be moving at some point so I’d love to do so!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 10:35:57 AM »
Wow, that looks really nice! Do you mind if I use you for some inspiration? I’m going to be moving at some point so I’d love to do so!

That is totally ok! Moving is a great time to work through your items. If you can afford to do so, take some extra time off to really spend time with your things as you pack. Pack by category if possible, so you can really evaluate how much of each item you have and make decisions about what you need/use and what version of the item you prefer. For instance, I had about five frying pans and I only used two, one big and one small, so I donated the other four.

Speaking of donations, since you are already going to be moving, get some extra boxes that way you can have boxes for Keep, Donate, and Unsure. For you closet, a Keep item might be your favorite pair of jeans, a Donate item might be that cami you never wear because it hugs in all the right places, and an Unsure item might be a sweater you use, but don't totally love, but aren't sure if you have another that can replace it. Then, if you come across a better sweater or other items that can answer questions about the Unsure item, move it to the Keep or Donate box as appropriate. If you find yourself having a lot of items that really need to be stored with items from another category, then add in a Floater box. This way you won't be tempted to switch rooms while in the middle of sorting a particular category and get distracted. Then, when you do move to a new category, take anything out of the Floater box that is in that category and go from there. 

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 08:02:28 AM »
Looks great! Really nice display! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal