collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mercari cancelled sale  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Mercari cancelled sale
« on: April 02, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »
I was super excited early yesterday morning to find a hard to find childhood pony listed on Mercari, with accessories. I immediately bought her.

Fast forward to this afternoon; the seller messaged me canceling the sale, saying she’s sorry but the pony sold elsewhere and she ‘forgot to take the listing ‘ down.  But I am suspicious- the deal was a really good price with the accessories.  I can’t find a sales record anywhere else of that pony, and I even did a reverse image search of the sale photo. I’m thinking she canceled and will resell elsewhere for more money.

It will take 5-10 business days for me to get my money back, plus I’m just super disappointed. Is this a common problem on Mercari? Do we have a bad seller list for there? I hesitate to use their name without more proof, but they sell a lot of ponies. I’m super bummed and would like to know of this is a known issue on that platform.

It was the last HTF pony I’m looking to replace from my lost childhood herd:(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:40:40 PM by Radha »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Mercari cancelled sale
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »
I will add people to my Bad Trader List no matter where they are scamming ponies, but the thing about Mercari is that it uses real names, right?  So you can't post the last name publically... you can PM me the info if you'd like....
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »
I've only started to browse Mercari (and so far only purchased from Japan).

I mean her story sounds believable -- but you never know. *shrug* I assume you can still leave neutral feedback? That's the best thing to do.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 05:22:35 PM »
I don't think you should add them to a bad trader list unless you have some conclusive proof that they're lying.  A lot of people do list ponies in multiple places, and sometimes sell them in real life as well.  I sold a bunch of ponies at a real-life event this month, and canceled the ponies on eBay as I was selling them.  I took them off Facebook and eCrater later, because I was too busy to pull them off all the venues at the same time as I was actively vending.

Despite this, I missed one on eBay and someone bought it!  It was so embarrassing telling the buyer that I would have to cancel the transaction because I didn't have the pony anymore . . . but that's all you can do in that situation.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »
She has a pseudonym on Mercari- they allow that now. And no, I am not quite ready to name the person since I can’t be sure they are lying; it’s that I would like to check the bad trader list to see if the person has done this before.

And unfortunately I can’t leave any feedback- Mercari doesn’t allow it once a sale is canceled.  All I really want to find out is if this seller has done this before.  If they have I would share the name as it appears ponies are all they sell (at least so far). 

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 06:08:32 PM »
Ah lame you can't leave feedback for all items you purchased. :/

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal