collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Talk and Valentines day  (Read 3301 times)

Offline pandorarose3

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
MLP Talk and Valentines day
« on: January 12, 2019, 11:38:40 PM »
Valentine’s day is fast approaching, yes almost a month away already.  We at My Little Pony Talk normally take and do lists for holidays of what that holiday's ponies are.  But this year we are doing something different.  We are celebrating Valentine’s day the Japanese way.  On Valentine’s day, girls will give chocolates to the guys they like.  We will be more liberal as we do know there are same-sex couples.  We are using the anime trope of ‘Notice me Senpai.’  Which is where a female wants a boy or girl, they are crushing on to notice them.  As this normally is only a give chocolates/gifts to the man you like in Japan and we know that there are some who are in the LGBT community, so we will be allowing female ponies on this list to be fair and equal.  What we are looking for is who is your Pony Senpai(boy or girl as I don’t know another word to use) that you would want to notice you?  Ponies can be from any generation G1, G2, G3, G4, HQG1C can be named.  Only one name per person please, that a person can only give us a name once, not that the name can only be given once, as this may also become a fun game as well.

Please let me know if you are changing the filly to a colt so that I can keep track as this will be important later.

We will be creating a list that we will be using for the second part of this holiday in March which more information will come when that time comes.

We will be looking for names through 2/7/2019.  This will give us a chance to make sure we have the list ready to announce who the boys and girls are liked on the show and ready for the next part.

So tell us who is your pony Senpai?

Please let me know if you are changing the filly to a colt so that I can keep track as this will be important later.

We will be creating a list that we will be using for the second part of this holiday in March which more information will come when that time comes

We will be looking for names through 2/7/2019.  This will give us a chance to make sure we have the list ready to announce whom the boys/girls are who are liked. 

Also, note you can have the same Sanpai as another person, just means that one is more popular hehe.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:06:29 PM by pandorarose3 »
Find the Original My Little Pony Talk Show only on blogtalkradio.com http://www.blogtalkradio.com/My-Little-Pony-Talk  We are live every Monday night at 8pm Eastern time.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: MLP Talk and Valentines day
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 03:22:22 PM »
What a great idea!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pony.Backpack

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:44:57 PM »
My senpai is a colt Glory  :blush:  :heart:

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »
This is a hard choice between two, but I must say... Notice me, Chief-senpai!
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 11:54:10 PM »
We are using the anime trope of ‘Notice me Sempi.’ 

I think you mean senpai? (It's unisex, no gender issues re boy or girl xD) It literally means the one who goes ahead of you.

I was in Japan for valentines day a couple of years ago and in Ikebukuro it was insane...I think it was about 2 days before Valentines and they had this huge display of red and pink banners and hearts and all this chocolate sale stuff in the heart of the mall...

Hearing you want to do this is kind of fun and also ironic since when I was there they had all these TV shows around that time about 'how valentines works in other places' where 'gasp' GUYS give chocolate and flowers to girls! Cultural differences are awesome.

I am pretty sure Valentines gifts in Japan really just revolve around chocolate, though. Girls give/make chocolate for guys (giri or honmei, giri being out of duty, thanks, etc, honmei being the particular person one likes/partner/special someone) and then on White Day a month later the guy is meant to reciprocate in some way. I dunno if you plan on doing that as well...?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 08:51:46 AM »
Ooooo, definitely Salty-senpai for me! I loved him so much as kid that I barely ever actually played with him, just kept him off to the side as an observer, lol!
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline pandorarose3

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:37 PM »
We are using the anime trope of ‘Notice me Sempi.’ 

I think you mean senpai? (It's unisex, no gender issues re boy or girl xD) It literally means the one who goes ahead of you.

I was in Japan for valentines day a couple of years ago and in Ikebukuro it was insane...I think it was about 2 days before Valentines and they had this huge display of red and pink banners and hearts and all this chocolate sale stuff in the heart of the mall...

Hearing you want to do this is kind of fun and also ironic since when I was there they had all these TV shows around that time about 'how valentines works in other places' where 'gasp' GUYS give chocolate and flowers to girls! Cultural differences are awesome.

I am pretty sure Valentines gifts in Japan really just revolve around chocolate, though. Girls give/make chocolate for guys (giri or honmei, giri being out of duty, thanks, etc, honmei being the particular person one likes/partner/special someone) and then on White Day a month later the guy is meant to reciprocate in some way. I dunno if you plan on doing that as well...?

Yea I realized I misspelled it yesterday and didn't have a chance to change the posts.  But yes I do actually have a plan for White day, the other half of this holiday I just have to figure out what I want to do.  The number of Senpai I get here will help to determine what I do.  But trust me it will be fun.
Find the Original My Little Pony Talk Show only on blogtalkradio.com http://www.blogtalkradio.com/My-Little-Pony-Talk  We are live every Monday night at 8pm Eastern time.

Offline Elva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 12:46:49 AM »
Oooh, what a fun idea! Mine has to be Patch :P No-notice me Patch-senpai!!

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 12:50:18 AM »
For me, it'd have to be Steamer-senpai :lovey:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 01:15:31 PM »
I choose G4 Thorax

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 03:13:38 PM »
rapunzel senpai
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline pandorarose3

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 09:47:50 PM »
Ok, everyone keep them coming.  We are getting a really good list here.  A lot of lucky boys, and a few lucky girls too. 

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 12:43:23 PM »
It's so interesting to learn about how they do Valentines in Japan!

It would have to be Starglow-senpai for me :)

Offline pandorarose3

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 10:08:47 PM »
Finally a G3 Senpai.  OH YEA you go Starglow.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 11:56:31 PM »
Ok then: notice me Tornado-senpai! (I have chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate. Ahem.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal