collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony shipping from Germany, rules have been changed!  (Read 5441 times)

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
Re: Pony shipping from Germany, rules have been changed!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 11:38:09 AM »
I see, thanks a lot! Still too expensive imo, but at least I'm now correctly informed. :D

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 11:47:51 AM »
I see, thanks a lot! Still too expensive imo, but at least I'm now correctly informed. :D

You're welcome! Yes, it is terribly frustrating, especially because I am in the process of selling my G4 collection. I wished I had had some kind of warning. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 10:12:10 AM »
This same thing happened in the US, a couple (or few?) years ago. Can't send anything via cheap letter rate unless it is documents and even then (because of cheating) only if it is SUPER thin.

So there is no cheap way to mail a tiny 3oz parcel outside the US anymore, unless it is REALLY flat (less than 3/4" and you lie and say it is documents...

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 10:54:54 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! It's a shame :(
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 03:32:38 AM »
Important update:

I went to the post office and tried to send my first "DHL Päckchen International" to the USA today. I failed. I was not able to buy insurance and tracking at the post office, I will need to buy it online.

In other words, you are able to purchase the "DHL Päckchen International" for 16 EUR at the post office, but you are not able to purchase the "DHL Päckchen International" for 16 EUR + "Versicherung und Sendungsverfolgung" for 4 EUR at the post office.

That means filling out the label and customs form online, buying the label online, and having a printer at the ready, because you will need to print the label and customs form immediately after purchasing.

:(

ETA another important update:

When you fill out the customs form on your computer, you are not able to change the currency from EUR to USD or anything other. In other words, you will have to provide the value in EUR. Also, the field reserved for describing the contents of your parcel is miniscule. I was able to enter the word "pony", but nothing else.

To avoid complications, you will have to fetch a customs form (the so-called "Zollinhaltserklärung C22") from the post office or print one from the customs website, manually fill it out and add it to the label that you have printed out. I have called the "DHL customer service for online labelling" (yes, it exists) who are aware of the problem and have confirmed that this is the right procedure.

:)

To all of you: Feel free to contact me in English or German with any questions, I am happy to help! Sadly, neither the employees at the post office nor the employees working for the general customer service helpline have the slightest clue about any of the changes. Even their computer systems have not been updated to include the new "Päckchen International" options.  >_< Oh, and new "DHL Päckchen International" labels do not exist either, you will have to use the old "DHL Paket und Päckchen Welt" ones if you are sending without tracking and insurance and want to fill them out manually. >_<
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:43:51 AM by Libelle »

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 01:04:02 PM »
I'm late to the party, sorry, but Hermes in Germany are awful.

Had a pony parcel go missing last summer - not only did they mess up the tracking number (They claimed that they needed to change it 3+ times during the delivery) but the package was lost.
It said it had been returned to the seller but the seller never got it. When she checked where it had gone to it had landed in a neighboring city. And then gotten lost again before she could go and get it. And that was the last we saw of it. :/
The whole process took over 2 months and 10+ calls to the Hermes customer services.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 09:34:01 PM »
My mom wanted to send me a Maxibrief to China this week, that's when we stumbled across this wonderful change ...
Now I can't get anything anymore within 3 weeks, but I have to wait 3 months for the 2 kg package which might or might not even arrive. And all I wanted was a book and some Haribo.
How I love Germany. Everything they do turns out to be rubbish. So angry.

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 05:47:24 AM »
An update from me as well, I had paid the difference for that first parcel from my own pocket, then stopped international shipments and after that updated my Ebay items with the current shipping options for private sellers. People within Europe really pay that ~10 Euros shipping fee but I have no sales towards the US and Canada anymore.

At the same time, I have seen all continuous german sellers, even those with private sales, have the cheap shipping option again and I could get it as well if only I had the time to list enough items to attract five international buyers in three weeks. I say "three weeks" well knowing that the five label limit actually is per trimester, but the first trimester is about to end in three weeks and of the second again, I will be in Germany only three weeeks, too. I do have a friend running a business who agreed to buy those labels for me.

Honeycomb, if you could find such a person as well, you would be able to get the cheap shipping option too which also runs at the usual speed (airmail).
Perhaps someone with whom you could split the 5 shipments-limit?
Although it's not Germany to blame here really, as to be precise they were forced to implement that crappy change by the Universal Postal Union seated in Bern, Switzerland.

Also thank you for the additional info, Libelle!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:51:18 AM by Tiara546 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal