collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New York Toy Fair 2019: predictions and wants  (Read 4169 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: New York Toy Fair 2019: predictions and wants
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »
Wants?
Minuette, Moondancer, Sky Stinger, Vapor Trail, Thunderlane, Ember, Thorax, Rutherford, Gilda, Terramar, Marble Pie, Limestone Pie, Zephyr Breeze, and the rest of the young 6 as brushables/brushable sized figures.

Predictions?
Literally nothing but mane 6. MAYBE a princess or two thrown in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 10:21:20 AM »
Any G1 non-pony merchandise. Especially bags and wallets at various price points.

That would be cool! Some useable merch would be great! I mean things you could actually wear / use.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »
I'd love a bit of merchandise for Gilda, even if she's not a pony. I'd also like a Sunburst brushable.

Also... I would love it if they teased G5, like a silhouette poster or something :P

Predictions?
Literally nothing but mane 6. MAYBE a princess or two thrown in.
Same :/

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »

Any G1 non-pony merchandise. Especially bags and wallets at various price points.

That would be cool! Some useable merch would be great! I mean things you could actually wear / use.

I know Loungefly did several G1 prints and Iron Fist has a G1 weekend bag, both of those are on the secondary market around here (States). So they go for a decent amount on eBay. New items would be greatly appreciated.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 03:29:18 PM »
Want: More retros. Nothing else :)

Expect: More Mane 6. Or no ponies at all.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 03:58:27 PM »
LEAKED from Hasbro: this year's line is IN A NUTSHELL.

MLP IN A NUTSHELL Lineup

FALL singles: Twinkle Sprinkle, Rainbow Dish, Pinkie Pink, Princess Celerystick

SPRING singles: Aplejack, Rariry, Flitterfloosh, Princess Lunna

FALL fashion styles: Queen Christmas, Spitfire

SPRING fashion style: Muad, Thunder Powder

TWO-PACKS: Trixei and Stoplight Glimmer, Sugarable and Whopper, Crazy Glue and Trike Tarmac Trebek Turtleneck Terrence Tire Derek

FAVORITES COLLECTION SIX-PACK: Sandband, Livestream, Smodler, Dallas, Nona, and Ocelot

TALKING LIGHT-UP TWINKLE SPRINKLE FIGURE will say the following fun phrases: "what the hay", "I save you", "hi - bye", "oh no", and "I zap you". Press her Cutie Mark and hear her voice, while her beautiful horn lights up!

FASHION SWITCHAROO FLITTERFLOOSH comes with 3 fun outfits: "we only offer the absolute finest cloth in this shop", "I don't think so", and "ur stupid". Dress her up and watch the fun! Note: Hasbro is not responsible if outfits spontaneously catch on fire.

LARGE PLAYSET: Awesome™ Rollercoaster
Awesome™ Rollercoaster playset comes with exclusive "Cool Old Ladies Club" RAINBOW DISH figure and Disney Fastpass. Does not come with gambling, food, flirting, or magic.

There's even some leaked concept pictures of the the first wave of fashion styles, the two special figures, the playset, and some of the normal figures. How exciting!

I... spent way too much on this. Go watch Round Trip's MLP;FIM In a Nutshell series, I promise it's way funnier than my attempts at humor.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 12:57:59 AM »
I really want a retro Megan and Sundance set!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 01:31:05 AM »
@otocolobus_manul hahahaha I love MLP in a Nutshell. I would totally buy a talking Twinkle Sprinkle :lol:

I'm pretty much done collecting G4, so I'd most like to see a teaser for G5 or something that hints at the content of the next film. I still like Equestria Girls, but I think their toys are going downhill a bit. So my expectations are not that high. I am also looking forward to/hoping for a glimpse of what Basic Fun are going to do next.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 06:04:59 AM »
I expect nothing exciting really. I mean at the very least they could have FIM go out with a bang (but is it really going out when they are going to be likely reusing the same ponies for G5? lol)

Echoing everyone here, more main 6 and at least two of the princesses. Maybe some story pack with some of the student (I really doubt they would make brushables of some of them....)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 12:02:21 PM »
The new items from Basic Fun, that's all I'm curious about. And I would like to get a glimpse at G5, hoping Hasbro learned from some of the responses to G4; more characters and more dynamic poses, right from the start.

I got the feeling from TF 2018 that they were already phasing out G4, so I don't expect to be blown away by FiM's final year.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not they address the end of one line and the upcoming start of a new one at all, though. Because wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot just a little bit by doing that? I mean, would toy stores stock up on 2019 G4 toys if it is going to replaced the next year by a brand new line that will certainly be more popular (propelled by a new show, after all) than leftovers from the old line? Why invest in something that was announced to end soon?
Or, Hasbro will get creative and not present G5 as a "new line" but rather a "lovely update for our favorite pony friends and their world" - they seem to be sticking to the mane 6 anyways.

And if we're "lucky", TF 2019 will also effectively spoil some key moments of FiM's final season  :lol: Alicorns! Everywhere!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:04:47 PM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 01:55:49 PM »
I'm dying to know what Basic Fun has in store for us.

Perhaps we might get a hint of g5?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:30:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 06:41:13 PM »
Could someone fill me in on the G5 stuff? :blink: I'm out of the loop and don't see any info on it, just people mentioning it here and there.

To answer the question, I am just hoping for more Retros from Basic Fun! As a prediction, well, probably just more of the main characters like always?

MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 06:47:28 PM »
Could someone fill me in on the G5 stuff? :blink: I'm out of the loop and don't see any info on it, just people mentioning it here and there.

Around a year ago, emails from DHX (animation company that does FiM) staff leaked, with information that wasn't out at the time pertaining to season 8 of FiM, including incomplete versions of entire episodes, as well as information about plans for G5, which from those leaked emails, should be coming in 2020. You can probably find some of this stuff pretty easily if you search around for it. There was a thread about it here, too.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,389422.0.html

Unfortunately from these leaks it seems they've pretty much settled on keeping the Mane 6 for G5, and just switching around some of their pony species a little. Unless they've changed their minds in the past year.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 06:56:30 PM »

To answer the question, I am just hoping for more Retros from Basic Fun! As a prediction, well, probably just more of the main characters like always?

There was a leak a while back indicating that Hasbro was planning to rebrand mlp in 2020 including releasing a new film.  Hasbro has not come forward and said anything official but seeing as we know that that FIM has only 1 more season left... well it makes a lot of sense.

I know some people are hoping Hasbro will take a break from mlp for a while before coming back with g5.   I personally don’t think that they are going to take a break.  I feel like this year and last year are as much of a break as we are going to get.  Hasbro hasn’t taken a break from mlp since g2 (even if the end of g2 was definitely only available in certain countries.). And g3 ran right into g3.5 which ran right into g4.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:58:39 PM by Sunset »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 11:46:18 PM »
I am pretty sure that, in some European countries, there was no break between G2 and G3 either. I think there was a short one here but it's hard to tell since UK stores have a rule of "keep selling it until someone buys it" and so you get stuff from 3 or 4 years ago (seriously, our stores right now -.-).

G4 has essentially ended here, though. I mean, there's been nothing actually new since the movie release, and all this stuff showing up in the US isn't showing up here. So I guess that might be construed as a break...?

G1-G2 was the longest hiatus (5 years in the US and 3-4 in Europe) but that's because it wasn't calculated - there wasn't a premeditation of MLP's return, I don't think. Everything since then has been planned as a reboot to reignite the line. I can't see G5 doing that well unless they abandon the dregs of what is making G4 die - which is why it worries me for the future of the brand overall - but I suspect if G5 is coming, there won't be a break.

I am one of the people who wants one, but I am cynical about whether Hasbro would put the integrity and originality of the line above making some quick money.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal