collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New York Toy Fair 2019: predictions and wants  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
New York Toy Fair 2019: predictions and wants
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:12:10 PM »
So the New York Toy Fair is coming up mid February.  For those who may not know, this is where toy companies show off their line up for the coming year to potential buyers, I.e. Target, Walmart, etc.

So I’d like to hear everyone’s predictions for what we might see in regards to My Little Pony.

I personally am hoping to see at least a hint for what will be coming up after FIM finishes.  Though if the leaks are correct about G5 coming in 2020 then it might be a little early yet.

I really wish they would finish the FIM collection by giving us Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash’s houses.  I have an extra space set aside for Fluttershy’s house.  And just think of all the cute animal accessories it could come with!

I’m also super excited to see what Basic Fun has in store for the retro line up 😃

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: New York Toy Fair 2019: predictions and wants
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »
Wishful thinking is a set of the mane 6's parents. I would love that! Although I doubt it will actually happen.
If the line is advertised as the last year for this MLP, I feel like some sort of tribute to the show would make sense. Maybe release a unicorn and an alicorn Twilight pack. It will probably be mostly mane 6 packs.
Series 4 of the Cutie Mark Crew will probably be there since we haven't seen much in the way of that yet.
If Basic Fun presents something, I'd except to see year 2 Earth ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »
how time flies!  here we are again at Toy Fair time!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:37:14 PM »
I feel like this years Toy Fair is somewhat important as it may be the last showing new G4 stuff if, in fact, G4 is ending this year.

What I'd dream of seeing is for Funko vinyls to return with a Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer release.  :hope:

Realistically, I don't expect to see much more than the new repackaged things that have already started popping up, the next wave of Cutie Mark Crew, and probably some more Equestria Girls, as the new webseries season is just starting.
I also think the prototypes of Kotobukiya's Flutershy and Twilight may be there as well as possibly Rarity.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »
I’m also excited to see what Basic Fun has planned. :) I’d love to see some new brushables beside the Mane 6 especially the rest of the students ( Ocellus, Smolder, Gallus and Yona) to go with Sandbar and Silverstream, Terramar, King Thorax and  Cozy Glow. but I don’t know if Season 9 of the show is going to feature the students so I suspect we won’t see the rest of the stundents and it seems all of the new movie characters were basically one or few releases. Also Applejack’s parents as brushables.

Some new playsets would be nice too.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »
I'm in the same boat wishing for the FIM fluttershy & Rainbow Dash houses- not that I have anywhere to put them...but the completionist in me would find a way!!

And yeah, along with everyone else, waiting with baited breath to see what Basic Fun has in store.
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
I'm in agreeance with everyone else. I feel like FiM Collection is dead at this point, so Fluttershy/RBD houses are unlikely. Which sucks because they have the best ones!

I think Basic Fun will go down the line chronologically, but I'd like them to do fan-favourite sets like twinkle eyes or big brothers.

Hasbro's releasing the "Classic Series". So far I can't tell what that means. Simpler toys maybe? We've only gotten the tube brushables, the molded mane figrues, and the fashion sizes so far (the most unique thing right now is the rainbow Twilight). Those are pretty simple but they're underwhelming and I don't expect that to be their entire lineup. My first reaction to "Classic Series" was something like going back to FiM's roots. I think they'll continue to focus on the Mane6 and the princesses as usual. I still think it's unusual they haven't released any baby Mane6 toys despite already having the designs. This would be an easy moneymaker I think. People love babies, kids love babies. Everyone owns Pinkie Pie, but nobody owns BABY Pinkie Pie (I won't include that one plush version). It'd be stupid to pass up this opportunity. I don't think it's likely, but that's my wildcard prediction. :devious:

For other brushables, don't expect anything! I think they could make new versions of the Crusaders, without the painted on clothing. They should be giving Spike wings by now but they won't... maybe. Have you seen those "storage case" playsets with Twilight and Rarity? Rarity comes with a boutique theme, of course, but Twilight oddly comes with something cafe-themed. I'd like to see a set like that for each of the Mane6.

For playsets I don't expect anything big. I could see a rerelease of some kind perhaps, like of the Canterlot Castle. I don't think the last two big playsets sold well. I haven't seen the school anywhere, and I've heard others say the same. Seaquestria never moved off shelves, Toys R Us couldn't get rid of their huge bin full.

Not sure about EQG. Minis seem dead. The actual dolls have been hard to find. I know they're releasing some (like "Through the Mirror" again), but I could see that being it. They've slowed down on EQG.

Maybe I'll put all their effort into Cutie Mark Crew. :P

Is it too early for them to show off G5? I was expecting that next year if anything.
Spoiler
But the movie IS coming out in the spring last I heard about it, so they'd want to get the toys out earlier than that.
But G4's release was weird. There weren't any toys released for months. The reveal was early 2010, right? And FiM came out in October, and the toys came later. When, exactly? I wasn't able to find them so easily until 2011. So would it be too early for G5 in this case?

2017 was pretty great I think. 2018 has left me with low expectations. After the Toy Fair last year I was a bit... disgusted...? I think Hasbro isn't putting effort into something with a year or so left in its life, so I'm aiming Small.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »
We’re here again, the wait before you fair. Someday, I’ll be able to attend for myself. But for now, wishful thinking.
     I am hoping for flutter shy and rainbow dashes houses. We have twilights castle, rarity’s boutique, applejacks barn and sugar cube corner. I don’t have space for them, but I think I’d want a nice little cottage or cloud house to play with. I’m also hoping for some kind of mane parents set. I think all their parents look adorable and unique. I’d love to have some brushables of them. Oh! And while we’re on brushables, I want a few more background ponies. Like some crystal empire guardsponies or princess celestias assistant. Somebody like that! Oh! And cozy glow! I think her hair should be super soft and bouncy. Gotta have those little curls of hers.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »
Predictions.... more of the same, probably. I think we'll just get more Mane 6 releases. I don't think we're going to end up getting any of Twilight's other students in toy form, as much as I'd love to be proven wrong. Maybe we'll see a couple non-Mane 6 pony toys, but I kinda doubt we'd see anyone like, new to the toyline, perhaps just ones that have appeared in brushable form before already.

Wants.... I'd love for G4 to go out with a bang and go all out on what we'd like to see, with ponies who have yet to receive any regular brushable toys, but I doubt it. As some other people have said, I don't think we'll see any G5 stuff quite yet... next year almost certainly as that's the year it's supposed to begin, but I think this year's Toy Fair is a bit early still.

Wonder if we could see anything late this year...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 05:47:52 AM »
ehh... I doubt there'll be anything interesting. The last few toy fairs have been pretty meh in terms of MLP stuff... I guess like always, I'm just hoping for a new character or something else interesting and different.

Oh, it'll be nice to see if Basic Fun show up with anything new, too. Ditto Kotobukiya; it'd be nice if they had some more EQG figure previews.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 06:59:26 AM »
I think we are going to see an expansion on the Cutie Mark crew style as well as a lot more of the new "Polly" sized Equestria Girls. Since they just started to show up in stores without much of a presentation I think they will have a big push.

Honestly, what will be more exciting is what Basic Fun has. I will place bets on Seaponies and another line of "basic" ponies, or maybe Twice as Fancy. We keep seeing TAF artwork so it would be cool to see them in pony form again. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 08:03:20 AM »
I think we are going to see an expansion on the Cutie Mark crew style as well as a lot more of the new "Polly" sized Equestria Girls. Since they just started to show up in stores without much of a presentation I think they will have a big push.

On the topic of these Equestria Girls, I was very excited for them (I had a lot of 2000s era Polly Pockets as a kid) and then once I saw what they look like from the back online, was very disappointed and now I don't think I'll be getting them. Their clothes are harder than the clothes that the 2000s Polly Pockets had, less bendy, from what it looks like, they kinda moreso snap on, and therefore have these ugly gaps in the back. Like, there's hardly a back to the clothes, it's absolutely hideous. It's similar to the half painted on clothes on ponies, but in plastic doll clothes form.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:10:49 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 10:14:22 AM »
My wish : Basic Fun shows the Retro G1 Big Brothers :D

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 11:36:03 AM »
The main thing I'm interested in seeing and hoping for is more Basic Fun stuff. Also, and this could be a stretch. Any G1 non-pony merchandise. Especially bags and wallets at various price points.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »
I think all of the Mane 6 will be released individually as Fashion Style size  - since they've started with a few individuals already.  Maybe some Pony School themed stuff?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:01:20 PM by gabumon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal