collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers  (Read 66863 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »
They're gonna have to fix the end of s3 before I'm interested in watching more stuff xD.

I mean, I figure it's gonna be fixed, it's just that I'm stubborn.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2020, 10:25:56 PM »
I just discovered this song today. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjFBDY4rWM

It looks like it's from the Miraculous movie?  It's very pretty.  The captioning has the English words. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:31:29 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2020, 02:29:52 AM »
I've nearly completely forgotten the show, wow. I know season one had a huge content drought but the Fandom was much larger.
That song is neat, I'm curious to see how the movie will continue to pan out.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »
I know what you mean.  I still like the show  although there were several things in Season 3 that I didn't like but it's been a long time since we've had something new.  There was a "stop the spread of coronavirus" psa released in March or April.

I'm really curious about how the song is going to fit in context of the movie as some of the lyrics make me wonder exactly what is happening between Marinette/Ladybug and Adrien/Cat Noir.

I wish there was more merchandise in the US.  Since the show is now airing in the US on Disney Channel several times a day I think the merchandise would sell better now than it did when it was initially released. 

Ponyfan

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »
I think it would help if the show was just avaliable in english on Youtube! I feel like this show jumps from station to station so quickly, being caught up with it as an American fan involves just straight piracy. They could at least make ad revenue off Youtube and could push for more merchandise.
I wish I had picked up a Plagg keychain when he was at Target.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2020, 10:25:03 PM »
I wish I had known what the show was when the toys showed up at Walmart.  I remember seeing Ladybug, Cat Noir and Rena Rouge action figures.  I had no idea what Miraculous Ladybug was back then so I didn't really pay attention to the toys.  By the time I found out what the show was about the toys were gone.  I know Funko released Pops of LB, CN and Hawk Moth a few years ago.

I'm hoping Disney Channel will be  Miraculous Ladybug's  permanent TV channel home even though the episode synopsizes make me laugh sometimes.  Recently one said that Kagami wanted to keep her sister away from Adrien and as far as I know Kagami doesn't even have a sister. :rofl:     

I also wish there were more official music for fans in the US.  I think France has the songs from the Christmas episode available for download but I can't find them for download in US.  I did find the extended English theme on iTunes last night by searching by the singer's name instead of by the title.

Ponyfan

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2020, 11:37:30 AM »
Miraculous World is going to air soon on Disney.  I think this is one of the specials.  I don’t know anything about the plot but it looks like Ladybug and CN will end up in New York?

Ponyfan

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2020, 11:54:00 AM »
Next Friday at 8...I'll likely work during that time, I'm sure it'll end up on Youtube or Kimcartoon afterwards. 
Why the Z? They've not used "hip" language before.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 25, 2020, 07:16:21 PM »
I recorded it and am hoping to watch it this weekend. 

Ponyfan

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
Finally had a chance to watch Miraculous World

Spoiler
The titles indicate that this is supposed to take place after the end of season 3 because it shows Ladybug with the Miracle box that changed when Fu made her the new guardian of the Miraculouses.  Also Nathalie is in bed every time she's shown but she is still able to transform into Mayura.

Marinette's class makes a film for French-American friendship week and is invited to New York.  Adrien is sure Gabriel will refuse to let him go.  Ladybug asks Cat Noir to watch over Paris while she's away for a few days.  Cat Noir agrees and says he'll call Ladybug  if an akumatized villain appears. 

Meanwhile Gabriel suspects that there might be more Miraculouses than just the ones Master Fu was the previous guardian of.  He decides to let Adrien go to New York with the class (so Adrien won't find out he's away) while Gabriel secretly also goes to New York to see the eagle talon that Lafayette gave to George Washington is actually a lost Miraculous.

Just before the plane arrives in New York, it is attacked by a villain and the passengers are rescued by superheros. 

Marinette insists that she's no longer in love with Adrien but only sees him as a friend.  Alya and Nino can see that isn't true and with a couple of the American teenagers come u[p with a plan to make Marinette confess her true feelings in front of Adrien.  The plan backfires however when an akumatized villain appears and steals Lafayette's sabor.

During the chaos Marinette and Adrien transform in to Ladybug and Cat Noir.  When Ladybug sees CN she gets mad at him for breaking his promise and leaving Paris unprotected   At the same time Nathalie transforms into Mayura and creates a sentimonster of Robustus to destroy Paris.  Gabriel steals the eagle talon and releases its kwami. 

This was interesting for one time viewing but I'm not sure I'll ne watching it more.  The voices all sound a little off in this but I've heard it's because the va's didn't have full access to a studio when they recorded their lines so the fine tuning that would have happened after the voice work was finished  is missing.   

Kagami was also really annoying.  Adrien was upset that he wasn't going to be able to go to New York and Kagami literally said.  "I'm sad for you, Adrien, but happy for us.  You need to practice your fencing more because it wasn't any fun beating you today."   

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:49:22 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2020, 01:20:43 PM »
I am basically gonna wait until they sort out the romance thing, I hate the end of season 3 and I won't go back to it until they sort that out.

But I feel like I should comment on two things.

One, S3 eps were not aired in a coherent order, it's really hard to know how they're meant to fit together in places. Even with official lists.

And two, Disney has been the home of this since the start in the UK. What that meant was a lot of long waits for new episodes to air, and of course no straight to netflix. I have Disney on my cable package but I still found it annoying. I'm not sure it's a good permanent home :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2020, 07:51:54 PM »
I heard that starting with Miraculous World Disney has exclusive rights to air the show and everything after season 3 will not be going to Netflix.  I don't know if that info is accurate though.

I'm not happy with how things are in the show right now either.  It was hard for me to enjoy the Marinette and Adrien scenes for the most part because
Spoiler
I feel that Marinette is unintentionally pushing Adrien away by her actions.  On the plane Marinette's seat is supposed to be next to Adrien and Adrien tells her how happy he is that they get to sit together during the flight.  Marinette gets nervous about sitting next to him and attracts the attention of the science teacher who asks what's going on.  Alya says Marinette gets airsick and needs to sit in the center of the plane.  At first the science teacher refuses but eventually gives her seat to Marinette.

Later Adrien asks Marinette to dance with him to the song that they danced to at Chole's birthday party and Marinette tries to back away from Adrien but he grabs her hand begins dancing with her.

Ponyfan

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »
The Luka and Kagami stuff isn't that interesting to me. I like Kagami as a character and would love to see her and Marinette interact more even, but I feel like we aren't going to get that. Luka bores me...
I'm still hurt that the creator said that Chloe was irredeemable. That was a stupid direction to go in and I fear season 4 will be set up with similarly misigned payoff.
I've not watched the special yet but I've seen Gifs and discussion. I think the special sounds more enjoyable as a standalone thing rather than connected to post s3...the emotional stuff makes sense but could have been anywhere timewise.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 19, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »
I know it's been a while since this topic was updated but I just saw a preview for Miraculous World: Shanghai: Lady Dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCUOI0F8Dpo

Not sure if I'll watch this one since I wasn't impressed with the New York one but I thought I'd post the teaser here.

Ponyfan

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #254 on: March 19, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
Oh, more release shenanigans have taken place since our last post. Disney+ will release the series worldwide minus Brazil, China, and Korea, and Disney Channel will air the series on TV except for a few countries, including the USA. :/ I get ratings are everything but this show has been pretty large, I think? I'm confused as to why it keeps hopping from channel to channel to streaming.

I still haven't seen the NY special, oops. The Shanghai one is grabbing my attention a bit more, probably because I'm not huge on NY as a setting and the preview looks more interesting in terms of relevancy to the main plot.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal