collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers  (Read 66835 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »
S3E4 initial reactions/rambling!
Spoiler
I hate these "wrong x! oops confusion!" plotlines. That's a very crack-fic-y ending but that akuma was fun and it's nice to see the overlying plot progress in some matter, although it's small.

Spoiler
The most enjoyable episode for me of Season 3 so far.  :) It's nice to see something more about the major plot revealed. That has to be the closet that Adrien's been to discovering Gabriel is really Hawkmoth. I ddin't see Nathalie on the train so I'm assuming she stayed behind to manage the mansion since it seems Gabriel and Adriend were invited just because they're famous.

And now Gabriel knows that the guardian of the Miracle Box is someone named Fu but is using an alias to try to remain hidden.

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2019, 04:07:17 PM »
I may have just laughed through the whole of that episode.

I have a really warped sense of humour though.
Spoiler
Hawk Moth just akumatised someone from a train toilet.
Then Adrien turns into Chat in the opposite train toilet. (I wonder what the cctv on that train looks like).
And Marinette's crack backward solution to the problem was quite funny too. But I am still stuck on, Hawk Moth's first akumatisation outside of his home and it's on a train toilet.

...In other news, the advance of the plot and Fu being at risk is an interesting shift forward. I wonder whether he will continue to occasionally moonlight as Adrien's Chinese teacher. I admit, I have seriously considered for a while whether something might happen to Fu at some point...but I hoped otherwise.

Gabriel shifts between real jerk and person with emotional capacity depending on the episode...

I also agree that the mixed up x y z plotline is annoying, I don't like that much either. But I agree with Ponyfan that this is the best episode of 3 yet. The last one I was disappointed in. This one was much better. Thus far this season has been hit and miss for me. I didn't like the first (I hate Lila), liked the second (although Marinette's Dad is embarrassing), didn't like the third but this one was back on speed for me. Hopefully it continues.

And I guess, by hunting all around London pharmacies for the medicine, Adrien was distracted from Kagami...?

P.S, Eurostar trains wish they looked as smooth and pretty as that ;) Inside and out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2019, 07:52:49 PM »
Spoiler
I really like the idea of Kagami getting roped into laxative-searching for Adrien. I don't know if she still cares for him in that way but it'd make for a very interesting chilled-out episode. (I love when there's like an episode of just silly).

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2019, 04:10:27 AM »
Spoiler
Needing privacy to transform and the only private space available being the train bathrooms was pretty funny.  :lol: How was Cat Noir able to exit and get back on the train with no one noticing? Gabriel insisting that the train not depart for England until he was feeling better suggests that Hawkmoth has to be within a certain radius of the person he wants to akumatize.

The backwards Lucky Charm solution was also pretty funny. :lol:

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:40:45 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2019, 06:33:52 AM »
Spoiler
The whole sequence with Gabriel sensing the potential victim, going to the train toilet, yelling at the guard, and then transforming inside it was hilarious. I swear I had to pause the video because I was laughing so much. Just the idea of Hawk Moth standing there doing all his usual gloating INSIDE A TOILET CUBICLE was too funny. Especially at the end when you hear his cackling through the door...

And yeah, how Chat got off the train unseen is a mystery, since there would be CCTV and the guard apparently was hugging the console the whole time since he was there when both Adrien and Gabriel emerged (conveniently, at the same time)...

Good point about the radius of attack. Also the fact he can't just akumatise someone and then go back to whatever he's doing. He has to be Hawkmoth to control the akumatised person, hence the need for a long stay in the toilet.

Maybe Adrien thought that his Dad had whatever problem he thought Marinette needed medicine for, and assumed it was some kind of epidemic ;)

Incidentally, Fu healed up quite well on his own without medicine...I guess he's genuinely a bit of a hypochondriac.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2019, 07:41:36 PM »
Spoiler
How did no one seem to notice Hawkmoth's voice coming through the train bathroom door and it looks like everyone on the train waited patiently for the "ill passenger" to get better?   

New episode

Spoiler
Lots of flashbacks/ but at least we're getting some insight into the thoughts and feelings of some of the characters and Chole has a role in this episode. I think Gabriel is dictating a letter to Kagami's mother and

We finally get some of Nathalie's thoughts. She mentions "watching Emelie falling deeper in to an endless sleep"  Also, she's showing signs of still being ill from using  the Peacock

We finally hear something from Nooroo.

It's strange we don't get to see the battle this time with Stormy Weather.

Adrien was really close to figuring out that Marinette sent him the unsigned Valentine but then thinks it must be from someone else since Marinette is "just a friend" As much as I want Adrien and Marinette to end up together instead of Adrien and Kagami or Marinette and Luka I can't be too hard on Adrien because Marinette has never told Adrien that she's in love with him and since he hasn't had all of the same experiences the others have had he probably doesn't see that Marinette's nervousness around him is because of her feelings.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2019, 10:57:34 PM »
I feel like that was the real first ep of this season.
Spoiler
Not least because I think the first ever episode was, officially, Stormy Weather.

It was an interesting episode. The battle aspects were ridiculous but I like people's inner thoughts.

Kind of want to shake Adrien for being dumb.

Chloe's back. No Lila. Aurora randomly now attending their school? Since when did that happen? And why do Lila and Chloe not appear on screen together? Too much snark for one kids' show?

Also this reminded me how everyone knows each other's identities but not Ladybug or Chat's. Also what Chloe said at the beginning about Alya not even knowing who Ladybug was, that was kind of weird. I mean she doesn't know either. I realise Alya has her blog...but still? And Alya is smart, surely she should have figured it out by now, given that all the other people who've held miraculouses are in Marinette's social sphere?

The ep seemed to end abruptly, and I think the hyped up super powered Stormy Weather and the complete anticlimax of her defeat was a bit random and silly to be honest. Obviously the point of the ep is to peer into the minds of people.

Emilie isn't dead. Just sleeping. Well that makes sense.

Nathalie is clearly affected by Mayura as well. I think its interesting that bad stuff surrounds that miraculous...

Nooroo and Gabriel's relationship shifted again, to Nooroo trying to reason with Gabriel. As mean as Gabriel can be to Nooroo, I still feel Nooroo puts up with it because he feels bad for Gabriel and understands how much Gabriel is hurting. Both Gabriel and Nathalie put into context in this episode that Gabriel is entirely motivated by his family. And even Gabriel has doubts about it...

Plagg's analogy of Gabriel = cheese was quite funny too.

It made me wonder though, how come Plagg doesn't sense Nooroo and vice versa? Shouldn't they realise they're in close proximity? Maybe not? I dunno, its the first time it's occurred to me that way...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:08:14 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »
Spoiler
I also liked knowing the character's inner thoughts. :) I think I saw Aurora in the background in one of the last Season 2 episodes so maybe she transferred to the school at some point but in the original Stormy Weather episode Ladybug and Cat Noir seemed to know Aurora only from the TV competition.

I have a feeling that even though the first episode of the season was all about Lila attending the school and threatening Marinette that we might not see her again until closer to the end of the season.

Chole's speech at the beginning was a little weird especially when she keeps telling Aurora "once a villain, always a villain" when I think everyone except Marinette and Adrien have been akumatized at some point.  If Alya could figure out that Nino was Carapace when she first saw him then she probably suspects that Marinette is Ladybug but maybe she has a hard time making the connection because she can see Marinette's flaws and has a hard time reconciling that with the "perfect Ladybug" (although Marinette as Ladybug does make mistakes) that she admires so much.

It's interesting that Stormy Weather was more powerful this time. It makes me wonder if all re-akumatized villains will have more power? 

Nathalie's in love with Gabriel but I don't think he realizes it. If Nathalie is still ill from using the Peacock but managing to hide it pretty well from Gabriel and Adrien, I assume she will get sicker each time she transforms in to Mayura? I was wondering how Nathalie would have the opportunity to get the Peacock out of the safe without Gabriel realizing it, but the trip to London gave her the chance to do so. I think she might be wearing the Peacock under her jacket where Gabriel can't see it.

It's interesting that Nooroo mentioned that Gabriel trying to get the Miraculouses and making his wish might make him lose Adrien. I think Nooroo sees the real Gabriel, the one that Nathalie also sees.

Something I've noticed is that the kwamiis seem to be aware of everything their owners do and say when transformed. Plagg mentions that Cat Noir said some really mean things to Ladybug in Dark Cupid after he got hit with the arrow and Tiki mentions Ladybug using Lucky Charm foolishly in The Bubbler.

I don't think the kwamis can sense each other even if they're in the same area. Otherwise I think Plagg would tell Fu that he knows where Hawkmoth and Nooroo are. Plagg also didn't seem to notice or recognize the Peacock Miraculous when he was inside the safe and Tiki and Plagg didn't seem to be aware of the identity of the other's owner until Dark Owl.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:10:52 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2019, 04:49:27 AM »
Is there any website to watch the subbed version?

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2019, 01:15:25 PM »

I've been watching the dubbed versions on Youtube. Sometimes the subbed versions are on there too but it seems like there aren't as many subbed videos for the latest episode.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2019, 01:19:47 PM »

I've been watching the dubbed versions on Youtube. Sometimes the subbed versions are on there too but it seems like there aren't as many subbed videos for the latest episode.

Ponyfan

I think the newer eps aired in English in Canada. Whereas some of the previous aired in French in Switzerland. I think it depends where it aired first as to what language appears on YT and how fast.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2019, 01:21:43 PM »
Kimcartoon may have the subbed version, but take usual precautions with such a site.
I didn't say my piece on the new episode:
Spoiler
I liked it but too many flashbacks. Seriously. I skipped ahead a lot during the flashbacks.
I did like Adrien starting to piece things together but I wanted to scream.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »

Ponyfan

I think the newer eps aired in English in Canada. Whereas some of the previous aired in French in Switzerland. I think it depends where it aired first as to what language appears on YT and how fast.

That makes sense. I forgot that the first few episodes aired in Switzerland first.

Kimcartoon may have the subbed version, but take usual precautions with such a site.
I didn't say my piece on the new episode:
Spoiler
I liked it but too many flashbacks. Seriously. I skipped ahead a lot during the flashbacks.
I did like Adrien starting to piece things together but I wanted to scream.

Spoiler

I enjoyed hearing the characters inner thoughts but I agree that the flashbacks got a little old with so many in the same episode.

Did anyone else noticed that even when Nathalie had that coughing spell, she still held the clipboard up to Gabriel showing him she'd fnished everything he dictated so far?

I don't think Marinette or Adrien will figure out each other idenities for a while yet no matter how much the episodes tease us that they will. although if Cat Noir is akumatized in to Cat Blanc in Season 3 I'm not sure if he'll transform back in to Cat Noir or Adrien?

How is Gabriel the only character that has noticed Adrien always wears a silver ring?  Wouldn't Nino notice it also?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:36:17 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »
There is a website named Miraculoussubs, but they do take a long time to sub. I´ve found weredad episode on yt, but I prefer the french version. I can´t even find a decent facebook fan group.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2019, 04:32:02 PM »
Although I find it hard to read subtitles for an entire episode, sometimes I will watch a scene in French with English subtitles. I've noticed that sometimes the dialogue is slightly different in French than it is in the English dub.

Does anyone know when the next new episode airs?

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal