collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers  (Read 67690 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2019, 03:06:38 PM »
I saw Miraculer when it came out and forgot to write up on it? Shoot. I also saw Timetagger in French this morning without subbies, I guess they should be up now since that was HOURS ago.
Spoiler
I really enjoyed seeing that Chloe was able to not succumb to the akuma. That's really cool of her. I understand that they may not develop her further but it seems like she's grown since the start of the series, which is great. I can't shake the feeling that her ripping the picture of Ladybug at the end may be the start of something else, though...
Mayura appearing was confusing, but I know that they've been airing the episodes a bit out of order, so I hope whatever was up with that will clear itself up once another episode comes up that was supposed to show up earlier.
I need to eat dinner and watch Timetagger again, so BRB.  :work:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2019, 07:09:33 AM »
Miraculer

Spoiler

I forgot that the episodes might be out of order. It definitely feels like something important was skipped/not shown regarding Mayura and Nathalie. I also think Chole tearing up the picture of her with Ladybug is significant.

I tried watching Timetagger in French with English subs but once again they go a little too fast for me to keep up and stay involved in the story. There's an English version for Onichan now also.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2019, 08:06:40 AM »
Miraculer
Spoiler
Yeah, I feel like we were missing pages in this one with suddenly Hawkmoth is happy to use Mayura again?

I was half hoping she'd find out Adrien's secret and be conflicted or Chloe would find out Mayura's and be conflicted but I guess that's not going to happen. Just this episode was so focused on the secret or otherwise nature of superhero identity, that it would have been an interesting twist. Nathalie would definitely feel torn if she knew that she was caught between the father and son who she both cares about supporting.

Poor Adrien, being cataclysmed to the ribs xD. He did pretty well considering that. I mean, that laid out the dinosaurs, and he's just winded? Or maybe it's because CN/Plagg didn't administer it. Miraculer was a bit plotkai, though, being able to use powers repeatedly. And totally wasted the potential of using Mirage, which obviously has the most useful applications in this kind of situation (as shown by Ladybug)

I half wondered if the baby was going to get akumatised again. Good grief, can you imagine the nightmare of being the parent of the baby that gets akumatised every time you refuse him sweets??

I was impressed Chloe could resist the akuma as well. I'm not sure what to make of the picture tearing. Either she's had enough of Ladybug and will ultimately turn villain - or she's decided to stop depending on Ladybug to come and summon her and instead prove herself another way.

Sabrina was cute in cosplay. :)

I also feel like Hawkmoth's using Lila is literally using Lila. He's manipulating her beautifully while she thinks she's the one in charge. Lila vs Chloe also happened at last. But I worry they might ultimately end up on the same team. "You're not entirely useless" is a worrying preamble for me. Why would she need to be useful to Chloe unless there's going to be some future stuff there?

It was a better ep than I thought it would be at the outset but I wish I knew what we were missing regarding Mayura. And when did Nathalie go from lovesick employee trying to bring Hawkmoth's dreams to life at her own risk to evil peacock co-conspirator type??

Mayura is also really pretty.

With the other...
Spoiler
Edit to add -I found timetagger with the subs. I began watching but have had to pause it because I'm laughing too much at the 24 times the pigeon man has been akumatised, and the reactions of CN/Ladybug and especially Hawk Moth. "24 times I've akumatised this guy..."...

Too funny.
And another (!) toilet transformation..

Being serious now.

There's a lot going on in this episode.

A lot of threads back and forth.
A lot of connections.
A cameo by evil Lila again.
I had already surmised that Gabriel's assumptions about Papillon were wrong...I have a suspicion as to who I think future Papillon could be, based on that last scene with noel...

If so, that's a scary thought.

And Nathalie is back to supportive employee rather than crazy peacock.

Also, if I have to load one more patronising and annoying grammarly advert before watching a video on YT, I swear...>< I think they have a monopoly on every video lately and thank you but no thank you. I know how to put spaces between words and full stops on sentences -.-.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:41:56 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2019, 08:31:09 AM »
I did watch Timetagger that night, but didn't have much to say about it.  :P
Spoiler
I could've guessed Hawkmoth won't ultimately succeed, but I wonder who the new Hawkmoth would be?
It's interesting to note that the reason the miraculous holders can only use their powers once before detransforming is because they're children. Wouldn't it make more sense to give the miraculi to adults then? It's much more fun this way I guess.
Future Alix is really neat! I wonder if we'll get to see her be gifted her miraculous before the series ends. 

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »
I did watch Timetagger that night, but didn't have much to say about it.  :P
Spoiler
I could've guessed Hawkmoth won't ultimately succeed, but I wonder who the new Hawkmoth would be?
It's interesting to note that the reason the miraculous holders can only use their powers once before detransforming is because they're children. Wouldn't it make more sense to give the miraculi to adults then? It's much more fun this way I guess.
Future Alix is really neat! I wonder if we'll get to see her be gifted her miraculous before the series ends. 
Spoiler
You don't think future Papillon is Lila? Based on the last scene with her randomly and weirdly being the babysitter of Noel, the future timetagger, that would be my guess at this point. In which case she's going to ramp up the evils at some point.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2019, 09:51:20 AM »
Spoiler
You don't think future Papillon is Lila? Based on the last scene with her randomly and weirdly being the babysitter of Noel, the future timetagger, that would be my guess at this point. In which case she's going to ramp up the evils at some point.
Spoiler
Good point, I actually forgot about that scene when recalling the episode. Makes me wonder what she could be using the miraculi for, then.
I doubt we'll get another future episode, but it would be neat to see if we did.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2019, 05:39:01 PM »
Miraculer
Spoiler
Yeah, I feel like we were missing pages in this one with suddenly Hawkmoth is happy to use Mayura again?

I was half hoping she'd find out Adrien's secret and be conflicted or Chloe would find out Mayura's and be conflicted but I guess that's not going to happen. Just this episode was so focused on the secret or otherwise nature of superhero identity, that it would have been an interesting twist. Nathalie would definitely feel torn if she knew that she was caught between the father and son who she both cares about supporting.

Poor Adrien, being cataclysmed to the ribs xD. He did pretty well considering that. I mean, that laid out the dinosaurs, and he's just winded? Or maybe it's because CN/Plagg didn't administer it. Miraculer was a bit plotkai, though, being able to use powers repeatedly. And totally wasted the potential of using Mirage, which obviously has the most useful applications in this kind of situation (as shown by Ladybug)

I half wondered if the baby was going to get akumatised again. Good grief, can you imagine the nightmare of being the parent of the baby that gets akumatised every time you refuse him sweets??

I was impressed Chloe could resist the akuma as well. I'm not sure what to make of the picture tearing. Either she's had enough of Ladybug and will ultimately turn villain - or she's decided to stop depending on Ladybug to come and summon her and instead prove herself another way.

I also feel like Hawkmoth's using Lila is literally using Lila. He's manipulating her beautifully while she thinks she's the one in charge. Lila vs Chloe also happened at last. But I worry they might ultimately end up on the same team. "You're not entirely useless" is a worrying preamble for me. Why would she need to be useful to Chloe unless there's going to be some future stuff there?

It was a better ep than I thought it would be at the outset but I wish I knew what we were missing regarding Mayura. And when did Nathalie go from lovesick employee trying to bring Hawkmoth's dreams to life at her own risk to evil peacock co-conspirator type??

With the other...
Spoiler
Edit to add -I found timetagger with the subs. I began watching but have had to pause it because I'm laughing too much at the 24 times the pigeon man has been akumatised, and the reactions of CN/Ladybug and especially Hawk Moth. "24 times I've akumatised this guy..."...

Too funny.

Being serious now.

A lot of connections.
I had already surmised that Gabriel's assumptions about Papillon were wrong...I have a suspicion as to who I think future Papillon could be, based on that last scene with noel...

Also, if I have to load one more patronising and annoying grammarly advert before watching a video on YT, I swear...>< I think they have a monopoly on every video lately and thank you but no thank you. I know how to put spaces between words and full stops on sentences -.-.

Miraculer

Spoiler

I also thought Nathalie/Mayura might discover who CN really is when she tried to take his ring. I wanted to yell at my computer screen that CN is really Adrien. :P.

One thing that bothers me about this episode is that the last time we saw Nathalie just remembering when she used the Peacock to transform in to Mayura she had a terrible coughing spell but in this episode she seemed to transform multiple times without any consequences, but I assume that's part of the piece that's missing. It would probably be  pretty easy to hide the early effects of using the Peacock from Garbiel at first.

One of the things I wonder about the Peacock is if part of its damage/corruption is that it makes the user power hungry to the point that they will lose all sense of good judgement if they continue? Something seemed different about Nathalie when she was Mayura in this episode. Also none of the characters seemed to notice  that Ladybug caught the feather in her yoyo instead of a butterfly?

I think Plagg took part of the cataclysm hit since Adrien was still CN and that's why Adrien wasn't more seriously injured. 

I also thought the baby might be akumatized.

I watched Timetagger in French with English subs. I didn't quite catch everything but I got most it.

Spoiler

I think 24 times has to be a record and every time he's akumatized it's Mr. Pigeon. Even Ladybug and Cat Noir seemed bored :lol:  It was pretty obvious that the future Hawkmoth/Pappillion wasn't going to be Gabriel basked on the grin on Timetagger's face.

I'm a little confused about the watch also being the Rabbit Miraculous. How can it be the watch that Alix's father gave her in Season 1 and also be the Rabbit Miraculous? I assume Master Fu knows about the watch?

Seeing the adult Alix was neat and learning why Hawkmoth and Mayura can stay transformed after using their powers.  I also wonder if the future that Bunnix/Alix and Timetagger came from can be changed by altering events in the present.

Is Noel the same little boy that was akumatized in Chrismaster? In the English dub he's called Chris instead of Noel. I think Lila babysitting shows that she is being sucessful in manipulating some of Marinette's and Adrien's friends into thinking that's she's a nice person. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:11:59 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2019, 01:22:25 AM »
Miraculer
Spoiler

With the other...
Spoiler

Too funny.

Being serious now.

A lot of connections.

Miraculer

Spoiler

I also thought Nathalie/Mayura might discover who CN really is when she tried to take his ring. I wanted to yell at my computer screen that CN is really Adrien. :P.

One thing that bothers me about this episode is that the last time we saw Nathalie just remembering when she used the Peacock to transform in to Mayura she had a terrible coughing spell but in this episode she seemed to transform multiple times without any consequences, but I assume that's part of the piece that's missing. It would probably be  pretty easy to hide the early effects of using the Peacock from Garbiel at first.

One of the things I wonder about the Peacock is if part of its damage/corruption is that it makes the user power hungry to the point that they will lose all sense of good judgement if they continue? Something seemed different about Nathalie when she was Mayura in this episode. Also none of the characters seemed to notice  that Ladybug caught the feather in her yoyo instead of a butterfly?

I think Plagg took part of the cataclysm hit since Adrien was still CN and that's why Adrien wasn't more seriously injured. 

I also thought the baby might be akumatized.

I watched Timetagger in French with English subs. I didn't quite catch everything but I got most it.

Spoiler

I think 24 times has to be a record and every time he's akumatized it's Mr. Pigeon. Even Ladybug and Cat Noir seemed bored :lol:  It was pretty obvious that the future Hawkmoth/Pappillion wasn't going to be Gabriel basked on the grin on Timetagger's face.

I'm a little confused about the watch also being the Rabbit Miraculous. How can it be the watch that Alix's father gave her in Season 1 and also be the Rabbit Miraculous? I assume Master Fu knows about the watch?

Seeing the adult Alix was neat and learning why Hawkmoth and Mayura can stay transformed after using their powers.  I also wonder if the future that Bunnix/Alix and Timetagger came from can be changed by altering events in the present.

Is Noel the same little boy that was akumatized in Chrismaster? In the English dub he's called Chris instead of Noel. I think Lila babysitting shows that she is being sucessful in manipulating some of Marinette's and Adrien's friends into thinking that's she's a nice person. 

Ponyfan

Spoiler
I did watch Chris-master in French I think, but I can't remember. However, it would make sense to rename him in the dub if they did - Noel being the French word for Christmas...that wouldn't translate over unless you made the kid's name Chris in English. I assumed they were the same but I didn't much care for the Chrismaster episode so haven't rewatched it.

I am also confused about the clock. I would like to know more about that timeline. Because Alix's Dad definitely had it, and it's something important that gets handed down - and broken at least once...and yet...I dunno. Too much still needs to be explained with that and how it works. Maybe it's left with Alix's family, or someone in her family history had it for some reason and it's handed down...but...yeah. It's a nice touch and I like the idea of Alix being important in the future, but it needs more explanation.

Also, the future relationship of CN and Ladybug is still vague, but the fact Bunnix revealed her identity before Ladybug, CN and herself (!) which is changing the past makes me think this encounter is important as a step towards Alix taking on that destiny. And that hiding identities isn't so important between allies in the future world.

Which means CN and Ladybug may know each other's real identities as well in that world.

Of course, it could just be a one off episode unconnected to anything else, but I genuinely see this as foreshadowing Lila becoming Hawkmoth in the future. Which would mean that Hawkmoth has underestimated her.

I have to end with this...

Spoiler
"Mr Rat?! What kind of enemy is Mr Rat?!"

..."Rats are so cute..." says the akumatised 24 times Pigeon man...

Brilliant.

This springs to mind:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:24:51 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2019, 05:03:16 AM »
Timetagger

Spoiler
That's very interesting about Noel/Chris. I also think the fact that Lila is babysitting him at the end and letting him play the game that Marinette and Alya wouldn't is significant and if he is still upset because Marinette and Alya refuse to give in to his demands but Lila is that could be foreshadowing that he will join her if she becomes the future Hawkmoth. I also think that Gabriel might be underestimating Lila.

Something I've been thinking about is if Gabriel not being the Hawkmoth of the future doesn't necessarily mean that he failed to revive Emelie? If there was a way to bring her back without destroying the CN and Ladybug Miraculous maybe he would be so happy that he would stop using the Butterfly for evil purposes but it falls in to the next Hawkmoth's hands before Master Fu can get it back?

I felt sorry for Nooroo when he tried to talk to Gabriel and Gabriel wouldn't allow him to speak. Don't blame your Kwami , Gabriel. He probably doesn't know who the future Hawkmoth is.

Also if I understood Bunnix correctly she said CN damaged her Miraculous causing them to lose the fight with Timetagger in the future and trapping her in the stone. While in the present she stops CN from damaging her Miraculous so they can win the fight with Timetagger. The magic ladybugs fixed the Bee Miraculous when CN destroyed it when Chole was Queen Wasp, so did the present have to be changed to alter the future?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:11:51 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
There's an English dub for Timetagger but the video I watched sounds like they're in a tunnel. :sad: also in the video I watched the first part of the episode where Marinette and Alya are playing the rapping game and about 1 minute of audio is missing after Timetagger appears.

I guess I'm getting used to the French dub as  I'm used to the characters saying "transforme moi" instead of their English transformation phrase.

Spoiler
I might missed it in the French version but in English Hawmoth calls out the detransformation phrase but doesn't turn back in to Gabriel? Does he have enough control over Nooroo that he can stop himself from detransforming? Also in English Nathalie says that it's possible that Gabriel gave up becoming Hawkmoth because he was able to revive Emelie.

Chris and Noel are the same character. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:22:40 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2019, 09:52:37 AM »
It looks Gamer 2.0 will be airing in the next few days. I wish the new episodes would be released more quickly.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »
It looks Gamer 2.0 will be airing in the next few days. I wish the new episodes would be released more quickly.

Ponyfan

Yeah, there's literally nothing new flagged up on my digital box to record off Disney which means even UK Disney Channel is now all caught up -.-.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2019, 06:41:39 PM »
I keep seeing pictures of a Hiatus calendar someone made that shows how huge the hiatus between seasons one and two was, and even between episodes. I'm hoping this season won't have such a large space on that calendar, but ho hum...
What ever happened to a weekly airing schedule.  :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »
Disney Channel in the US is still airing season 1 and 2 episodes but I think they're only doing a few out of each season?

I hope Season 3 doesn't have a long hiatus either. A possible air date for Refekta has been announced.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
Gamer 2.0 has aired in French.

Ponyfan