collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers  (Read 66842 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 03:18:31 PM »
I think both are good possibilities and I'd love to see the show explore that idea more (although it might have just been a scene written for Plagg to have a chance to sing :lol:) It might also have to do with the fact that Adrien chose to transform out of anger/the desire to escape rather than actually being needed as Cat Noir.

Spoiler

I agree. The hints we've seen so far about how dangerous Cataclysm can be even if controlled by Cat Noir (and how dangerous Plagg can be when he does it on his own)  and Volpina's illusion when the "bad Ladybug" forced Cat Noir to use Cataclysm on himself destroying him imply severe consequences.

I really like Marinette also. I was just hoping she would be a little less impulsive in Season 3 and after already making the first mistake with Lila (embarrassing her in front of Adrien when she appeared as Ladybug) it  seems like Marinette should be a little more wary around Lila considering everything that has happened recently.

I think you're right that Marinette fears Adrien rejecting her. In the nightmare episode her greatest fear as Marinette was that Adrien was really in love with Chole and Adrien's greatest fear was being locked in a cage (although Garbiel does keep him in a glided cage by restricting him so much)   

I'll have to rewatch Season 1 but I think Mater Fu mentioned that he "only got it wrong once" I'm not sure if he means choosing the wrong Miraculous holder or whatever happened that caused the Butterfly and Peacock to become lost.  I don't think Gabriel is the rightful holder of the Butterfly though, otherwise Master Fu would know who Hawk Moth really is.

Season 2 helped me see how complex Gabriel and Chole are.  I'm not sure if we've seen the full power of the Peacock since it seems Gabriel stopped Natalie before she had a chance to use its full power (or maybe because the Peacock is damaged no one is able to use its power) I think Gabriel mentioned that he and his wife found the Butterfly, the Peacock and the book on the last trip they took together but that doesn’t give us any clues to how they were lost or who the rightful holders are.

I really thought Chole having the Bee Miraculous would end up with her using Pollen for her own purposes. I think it would be interesting to see more of how Gabriel treats Nooroo also.

I've noticed that when Adrien is Cat Noir his voice is a little different than when he's just Adrien but now that I think about it. I think you're right that he feels more confident and free when he's Cat Noir than when he's Adrien. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:32:09 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 03:39:59 PM »
I am not sure if this needs spoilers, I think probably not, but I think the timeline over Nooroo and the peacock is interesting. I will spoiler it just in case :) Though we probably should settle on where to draw the spoiler line (I mean, season 1 is fair game right?)

Spoiler
At some point in the past Master Fu 'made a mistake', it had big consequences. But as you say, he didn't give Nooroo to Hawk Moth because then he'd know who Hawk Moth was.

We don't know when this occurred. Master Fu is quite old, so the timeline is indistinct here.

We do know that Emelie 'disappeared' a year or so ago, because in the Christmas episode Adrien says its his first Christmas without his mother.

She probably wasn't visibly ill before that because Adrien is smart and would've noticed. So whatever it was happened suddenly.

We don't really know when 'the trip' happened through which they found these, or how they did - whether it was by accident or on purpose, or if there's someone else's hand at work. We don't know either if the mistake was giving the peacock to Emelie because since Emelie is effectively gone, for all Master Fu knows, the peacock miraculous could be anywhere...? But it seems likely it was someone else and they came into Gabriel and Emelie's hands accidentally. Maybe when filming - Emelie was an actress, so would've been on location. Gabriel also doesn't go out hardly at all since her disappearance, is that just paranoia to protect his secrets or because he associates going out with her getting hurt? Maybe he was out or away when the incident happened? I dunno.

Is Emelie even dead? I am not totally sure if she is or whether she's frozen somehow in that box but technically alive. Either way she's been preserved, so something is going on there. She's not still possessed by the Peacock because Nathalie was able to use it. And Gabriel was frightened by the way it hurt Nathalie so it's almost as if he didn't know all the details of his wife's situation either. Unless it wasn't the peacock's fault?

Also I know he's rich but all the family are famous. How did he manage to conceal his wife in the basement and not let anyone know she didn't actually leave?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 12:12:52 PM »
Maybe we should use the spoiler tags for the last few episodes of Season 2 (so eveything from “Style Queen”- “Mayura”) since the last half of Season 2 was just added to US Netflix in December and Season 3 :) Speaking of Season 3 I’ve only been able to find the first episode in English so far. The timelime is very interesting. :) I guess I didn’t realize that it’s been such a short time since Emelie disappeared.

Spoiler

I’m also thinking that Emelie might still be alive but in such a deep state of unconsciousness that Gabriel and Nathalie think she’s dead. I do wonder if Emelie’s current state is related to the Peacock Miraculous in some way. I also wonder if it might not be the Peacock itself, but its Kwami. If the Kwami was somehow corrupted, (not just forced to use the Miraculous for evil like Nooroo) it could explain why the Peacock holder becomes ill after using it.

Maybe Gabriel feels responsible for what happened to Emelie and that’s why he’s trying so hard to get the Ladybug and Cat Noir Miraculous to bring her back. It might also explain why he’s so protective of Adrien and has a bodyguard for him.

Gabriel must have gotten Nathalie to help him move Emelie in to the basement at some point, probably making sure Adrien was out of the house or in his room. Maybe Nathalie even helped spread the story that Emelie disappeared. I wondered at first why Gabriel didn’t at least tell Adrien that Emelie is in the basement but then I realized how devasting that would be for Adrien to find out.

Is the basement also where he sends out the akumas from?

Another thing I wonder about is if Gabriel will hide the Peacock Miraculous from Nathalie to prevent her from trying to use it again?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:49:04 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »
It is pretty funny going backwards in time through all of the fanfictions. Ah, how little we knew back when season 1 was still airing...
Spoiler
Maybe something happened to Emilie while she was using the peacock miraculous, and that's why she's in that comatose state? It feels like she's just stuck like that rather than dead. Maybe the miraculous got infected or something, which is why Gabriel was worried for Natalie when she wore it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »
@Ponyfan - E2 is there but only I think in French with subs atm.

I still need to rewatch the Style Queen/Queen Wasp/Maledictator trilogy altogether. I've only seen Maledictator once, it was the last episode my TV box recorded (after Heroes Day and Mayura, which should tell you everything about the airing here now they're on repeat). 

@tailrustedtealeaf - writing fanfic for an ongoing series is a minefield. I've only done it once (manga-related) because it throws up so many complications.

I haven't read any ML fanfics but I imagine based on season 1 they're pretty hostile to Gabriel...

Spoiler
There is always the possibility that Gabriel put Emelie into that thing because if she was allowed to be loose she would be really dangerous. YOu know, that he had to take her down for her own good while he found a cure...? That may explain his inability to let it go, if he feels that it's somehow his fault. Unless of course he was using Nooroo prior to him becoming Hawk Moth (ie, not in a negative and attention-grabbing way), perhaps to help individuals realise their dreams or something  - creating heroes or giving talents or whatever? And he gave her the peacock and something happened? I dunno. Lots of potential options...real one will probably be much more mundane xD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 10:46:42 AM »
Thanks Taffeta. :)  US Netflix puts "Trouble Maker" between "Style Queen" and "Queen Wasp" and then two more episodes between "Queen Wasp" and "Maldictator" :silly:

I think it's pretty easy to misjudge Gabriel based on Season 1, but Season 2 really brings out how deep his character is. 

Spoiler
I agree there are so many possibilties that could be the reason for Emelie's current state. Maybe the Peacock corrupts its holder if used for an extended period of time? or if Gabriel tried to take the Peacock from Emelie while she was transformed (if she was too dangerous) it might  result in the holder becoming comatose? We've seen the akumatized villains start to remove the Miraculous from Ladybug a couple times and she started to change back in to Marinette but that might not be the only thing that happens if the Miraculous is taken by force instead of taken off by the rightful holder.

When Hawmoth become so worried about Nathalie using the Peacock and detransformed back in to Gabriel it semed like Nooroo was surprised he had changed back witout using the detrasnformation pharse? He didn't transform back to Gabriel when Adrien was about to fall to his death but he knew if he had Gorzilla release Ladybug she would save Adrien but he was the only one that knew where Nathalie was and the only one that could reach her in time. 

Season 3

Spoiler

I watched part of the "Weredad" episode and noticed Nathalie seems fine and I didn't see her wearing the Peacock brooch. Has there been any indication that Nathalie might still have the Peacock? If Gabriel doesn't want her to use it again I'm not sure if the safe is a good place for it since Nathalie knows the combination.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 11:00:33 AM »
Thanks Taffeta. :)  US Netflix puts "Trouble Maker" between "Style Queen" and "Queen Wasp" and then two more episodes between "Queen Wasp" and "Maldictator" :silly:

Gah. That will probably happen here, then, whenever s2 gets onto our netflix. There have been rumours of s3 starting in the UK on Disney early in this year but since I only get to record stuff when at my parents', I will still have to wait for a repeat for most of them if it begins soon. Hence why I watch on YT as I can't get Disney here (or POP since I moved). If they put it all promptly on Netflix like they do for you guys I wouldn't have to.

Troublemaker aired in the UK a really long time before the trilogy did. My box is so obsessed with it it's recorded it like 3 times :/ But anyway.
Spoiler
Yeah, it seems like Nathalie is fine. I feel a little like the start of S3 is abrupt, but then I guess the start of S1 is also abrupt, so maybe that's just how it is. S1 ended with the flashback episode so in a way it didn't seem that way for S2 (assuming the Collector is the official first episode of season 2?) I feel like there should have been an episode inbetween Mayura and the first ep of season 3 but I guess not...

I have seen some other hint spoilers from the creators that
Spoiler
the peacock is going to appear again, so I assume that's Nathalie.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 11:34:14 AM »
It looks like season 3 is going to air...somewhere sometime next month? Google seems confused and keeps saying Weredad is episode 2, but Animaestro is also episode 2? Everyone's confused. I can't even find where google is getting these dates.
I also watched some of the chibi shorts. Teeth-rottingly cute. So much nicer than the 2D 6-teen-esque style they had going for that other short series.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 02:55:41 PM »
It looks like season 3 is going to air...somewhere sometime next month? Google seems confused and keeps saying Weredad is episode 2, but Animaestro is also episode 2? Everyone's confused. I can't even find where google is getting these dates.
I also watched some of the chibi shorts. Teeth-rottingly cute. So much nicer than the 2D 6-teen-esque style they had going for that other short series.

I think Season 3 might still be in production right now but Wikipedia (not sure how accurate their information is ) says that “Weredad” is episode 2 and “Animaestro” is episode 3. I haven’t seen any of the shorts yet.

Gah. That will probably happen here, then, whenever s2 gets onto our netflix. There have been rumours of s3 starting in the UK on Disney early in this year but since I only get to record stuff when at my parents', I will still have to wait for a repeat for most of them if it begins soon. Hence why I watch on YT as I can't get Disney here (or POP since I moved). If they put it all promptly on Netflix like they do for you guys I wouldn't have to.

Troublemaker aired in the UK a really long time before the trilogy did. My box is so obsessed with it it's recorded it like 3 times :/ But anyway.

Spoiler
Yeah, it seems like Nathalie is fine. I feel a little like the start of S3 is abrupt, but then I guess the start of S1 is also abrupt, so maybe that's just how it is. S1 ended with the flashback episode so in a way it didn't seem that way for S2 (assuming the Collector is the official first episode of season 2?) I feel like there should have been an episode inbetween Mayura and the first ep of season 3 but I guess not...

I have seen some other hint spoilers from the creators that
Spoiler
the peacock is going to appear again, so I assume that's Nathalie.

Spoiler
I also feel like the start of Season 3 is a little abrupt. I thought there would be something referencing Nathalie’s using the Peacock in Mayura, maybe a scene of Gabriel asking Nathalie if she’s okay or Gabriel moving the Peacock somewhere where he thinks Nathalie won’t be able to find it, etc...

With the creators confirming that the Peacock will return it makes me wonder what will drive Nathalie to try to use it again now that she knows how it affects the holder and if she’ll sufffer worse effects than the first time. I'm finding Nathalie to be a fascinating character. 

I don’t think anyone’s mentioned this yet but I love how in the English version the transformation phrases are related to the same animal as the Miraculous “Spots on,” “Claws out” etc... I think  in the French version it’s “Tranform Me”.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:02:59 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 04:52:34 PM »
Spoiler
I saw a list of up to 10 episode titles for s3 so far and Weredad was listed as #2 but given the production number of 6...so *shrug*. Also it seems like it aired in Switzerland (but not the Chameleon ep) and the Chameleon ep aired in Spain (but not the Weredad one)? So what is going on there I wonder?

I do remember it being said somewhere that they didn't want a break between 2 and 3 to be too long so they had been producing them alongside one another. I don't know what other spoiler info there is, I don't go looking for it but just found that by accident trying to discover if there was an official air date for the UK yet
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 03:50:24 AM »
I've found a couple different versions of the theme song.

"It's Ladybug!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-F8Da8oe4

"Miraculous, simply the best!"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiq2qS1Alzw

I like Cat Noir's verse in "It's Ladybug!" :)

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 06:00:42 AM »
I've found a couple different versions of the theme song.

"It's Ladybug!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-F8Da8oe4

"Miraculous, simply the best!"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiq2qS1Alzw

I like Cat Noir's verse in "It's Ladybug!" :)

Ponyfan

That's cute. I like the French version of the song best, I think...but I admit that is cute :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 05:00:33 AM »
I also enjoy the French version. :)

Season 3

Spoiler
Is it just me or does the fight between Weredad and Cat Noir seem a little more intense than the usual fight between the heroes and the akumatized villains? Is Weredad trying to actually kill Cat Noir because he said he wasn't in love with Marinette but with Ladybug?

I don't know if the information I saw was accurate but I heard that we might see the Snake Kwami and its power in Season 3.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:43:31 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 05:11:53 AM »
I also enjoy the French version. :)

Season 3

Spoiler
Is it just me or does the fight between Weredad and Cat Noir seem a little more intense than the usual fight between the heroes and the akumatized villains? Is Weredad trying to actually kill Cat Noir because he said he wasn't in love with Marinette but with Ladybug?

I don't know if the information I saw was accurate but I heard that we might see the Snake Kwami and its power in Season 3.

Ponyfan
Spoiler
i think that's true, there was a lot of other info from the same set such as mouse kwami, ladynoir kwami swap etc and it was shown at a brazillian(?) con i believe...

i haven't watched weredad yet. i like the french version but i usually wait for the english in this case

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
Thanks bladed. :) It's a little hard for me to tell what's official and what's fan theory on some of the Miraculous info for season 3.

I've started rewatching Season 1 and have already noticed a few things I didn't see the first time. :)

Spoiler
I think I'll have to wait for the English dub to watch "Weredad" completely. I've watched parts of it in French with the English subttiles but trying to read them and watch the show at the same time means I miss a lot of what's going on in the episode

A Kwami swap could be interesing. I wonder how that might work out as it seems that a Kwami/its power can only be used by one holder at a time (even though Master Fu does loan Waayz to Marinette/Nino a couple of times)

Something I've been thinking about is if Nathalie might have been friends with Emilie. I don't think it's been mentioned how long Nathalie's been Gabriel's assistant. Maybe Emilie showed off the Peacock and its Kwami to Nathalie at some point.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:46:32 PM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal