collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Letting go of collections  (Read 2685 times)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Letting go of collections
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2023, 02:06:16 PM »
I recognize the frustration of letting go.. I've been gone from forums and activly collecting for some years now, trying to go minimalistic with my home. I did it all for my mental health and the fear of following my mothers footsteps (sadly, she's a horder). Then I came upon a youtube video that focused more on organizing than minimizing and it was a godsend! I'm still wavering whether I should sell some more collections or not, but I feel a lot easier about the whole thing. Other than that particular temporarily stinging feeling when I see someone else with something I once had an decided to sell (which passes quickly) I've never truly really regretted selling anything.
I wish you the best of luck with selling (or not), it's such a relief when the desicion is made :-)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2023, 04:14:06 PM »
Thank you :) I've been selling off some of my ponies. I've made my peace with it and will hold onto several favorites and of course my childhood herd. I've also begun purging some other things like books, clothes, craft supplies. It feels good to not have these items taking up room anymore.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2023, 04:46:34 PM »
Last year I had to do a quick move where things were kinda the last option. I ended up finding that books and clothes were what I valued of my material possessions. I’m not saying I won’t be an active collector again eventually, but it really made me pick what I valued the most of objects that could move with me into a small space.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2023, 03:40:35 AM »
I am a person who likes to collect stuff, but I also get stressed with too much stuff. And I don’t enjoy having tons of the same. My pony collection is now around 45-50 ponies. It will not be bigger than that. Most likely it will be smaller. Yes, they are all in storage bins and have been for years. But then again I never had my collection on shelves. It’s always been in storage bins. I have several stuff from childhood, such as my Barbies, Keypers, Playmobil and my magic diapers babies (I have the animals and the dinosaurs). I’m not getting rid of those. I don’t collect them either, but I’m keeping my childhood stuff. I am nostalgic about that.

I have been going through my other stuff though. From clothes, to china and flower vases. I love thrifting, so I do tend to buy stuff and then not necessarily regret it, but realize I don’t use it. But then I will sell it, often with a profit. Not always. But it gives me a better feeling than just throwing it out. I don’t do the “spark joy” thing. But I do ask myself two questions. 1) Do I need it? Does it have a function? 2) Do I love it? If not the answer to these two questions is yes, I will let it go. My problem is that I love my things :heart:

I do realize though that I am much happier when I don’t have a lot of stuff, so I have been letting go off a lot of stuff the last year. It is a gradual process for me though, it takes time!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal