collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers  (Read 66854 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I love Miraculous Ladybug. :cheer: It's such a fun show

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:26:00 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Contains spoilers
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:16 AM »
It is, isn't it? 
Now I have the theme song stuck in my head... ;D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:39:57 AM »
I love it too! It's just so cute and fun, even though it's pretty predictable.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »
I have the French version of the theme song on my iPod. :) I wish the English version was available from iTunes also so I could compare the two. I’m still learning French so I can’t understand all of the words in French theme. I do understand  “I am a cat” in French. :lol:

Major spoliers in the spoiler box about events in Season Two

Spoiler

Wow! :)  I love how each episode adds more depth to the characters. My guess about Gabriel’s wish was correct and I feel more sympathy now seeing how desperate he is to make his wish come true and how much he cares about Adrien even when he’s Hawk Moth. Natalie seemed ill after she used the Peacock Miraculous, maybe if the miraculous is damaged it affects the person who tries to use it negatively? 

I wonder if Gabriel and Adrien will ever detransform in front of each other and find out their secret identities? Whenever Master Fu opens the Miraculous box it looks like there are several miraculous that we haven’t seen the powers of yet.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:10:40 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »
I was all over this show when the first season was airing, but sort of dropped off from it. I was mostly in it for the Ladybug/Chat Noir shipping square, did they finally reveal their identities to each other?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:21:54 AM »
I was all over this show when the first season was airing, but sort of dropped off from it. I was mostly in it for the Ladybug/Chat Noir shipping square, did they finally reveal their identities to each other?

The airing schedule for s2 has been crazy but I overall like S2 better than most of S1. And no, not yet. But they keep teasing the possibilities.

I posted in the anime thread about this but I like how certain characters have been more fleshed out in Season 2.
Spoiler
Also, things I find interesting - akumatising someone is a bad thing but usually has a good result (ie after the akumatisation the issue is usually resolved). It makes me wonder what the original power of the papillon may have been and whether it has been corrupted - perhaps to give someone the power to resolve other people's problems or make them capable of resolving their own problems somehow? Since Nooroo is clearly not evil...and nor really is Gabriel...I do wonder how much the ability has been warped by his desperation and whether the resolution aspect is just an accidental symptom of it being a kid's show trying to wrap things up nice.

Also, Chloe is blamed for akumatising a lot of people, but really Marinette is responsible for causing akumatisation as much, albeit more through misunderstanding than malice. I don't dislike Marinette, just putting that out there.

My only issue with the show is the pronunciation of akuma, and by connection the name of Adrien's fencing friend, Kagami. It's a-ku-ma, not a-KOO-ma, and ka-ga-mi, not ka-GAA-mi. My Japanese ear bleeds at things like that. (I think the French version generally gets akuma right though).

Also find it interesting that on the box of Miraculouses, there is written the word 奇跡. I don't know how it is read in Chinese but in Japanese that is kiseki, which means miracle. It's a random detail but I think it's a nice touch xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:36:13 AM »
Fly my little akoooooooooooooma.  :P
I'll have to give S2 a little watch sometime, then! I saw that there's new powers for the miraculous (miraculi?), which feels very magical girl to me. It feels like all of these TV shows have the strangest airing schedules (Steven Universe, I'm looking at you). Hopefully season 3 goes back to the normal weekly airing.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »
I would have never started watching this show due to the crazy airing schedule here on a channel called This TV and every episode synopsis was the Christmas episode :lol: When I had to go out of town for a few days Miraculous Ladybug was airing on a channel as part of it's kid's programing and it looked so interesting that I had to see if it was on Netflix.

In Season 2 Master Fu figures out how to grant the Kwamis new powers and there are some new Miraculous powers revealed that we didn't see in Season 1. 

Spoiler

We see the powers of the Fox, Turtle, Bee and Peacock miraculous in Season 2

I think Gabriel choosing  to use the butterfly miraculous for his own gain (even if he is doing it because of how much he loves and misses his wife) has corrupted the miraculous from performing its intended purpose. I feel bad for Nooroo. Gabriel keeps a pretty tight grip on him (much like he does with Adrien) and I don't think Nooroo likes helping Gabriel  turn in to Hawk Moth, but since Gabriel owns the miraculous, he owns the Kwami and Nooroo must do as his owner wishes.   

I also think that the Peacock is corrupted as well as damaged but find it very interesting that the user of the Peacock seems to become ill/hurt after trying to use it. It's the only miraculous we've seen so far that seems to affect the user in such as way.   

I also liked how characters were fleshed out in Season 2 espeically Gabriel and Chole. I think Marinette is getting a little better at realizing that she is sometimes responsible for people getting akumatized.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:36:19 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 01:55:11 AM »
Spoiler
I actually don't like so much the magical kid squad motif, I was fine with it when it was just Rena Rouge, and the way Chloe's happened was clever, but I dunno, I'm a bit iffy about Wayzz being loaned out like a library book. Although it's kind of interesting that Marinette and Adrien get to keep their miraculouses, but the others never do. And the fact everyone knows Chloe's other identity puts them all at risk somewhat.

I wonder about Nooroo and Gabriel. To begin with I thought Nooroo was just being bullied, but there are moments when I wonder. For example, when Gabriel decides, briefly, to give Nooroo up...I feel like Nooroo also worries about Gabriel and so helps him, hoping that by doing so he can heal Gabriel and stop him from doing worse? I'm not sure...I just don't think it's as simple as all that.

Nooroo is more interesting to me than the bee and the fox. They don't seem to have given any real hint of who they are yet beyond being tools...whereas Nooroo seems like a character to me, like Wayzz, Tiki and Plagg.

I'd also like to see Adrien meet/work with Tiki in some way like Marinette has with Plagg but there's definitely a hierarchy and Marinette seems to have privileged information access rights that Adrien doesn't automatically have/get till later, so maybe it won't happen.

It's interesting how the show has in S2 had Adrien and Gabriel independently suspect each other and independently protect their identities, that seems to make it less likely they'll find out the truth about each other soon.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 08:36:29 AM »
I watched some season 2 episodes and I am back on my Miraculous kick. I'm roping my girlfriend into watching the rest of it with me, hee hee...I'm amused that everything is on YouTube.
Season 3 stuff in spoiler.
Spoiler
I watched the first episode of Season 3. I'm all for the Adrien/Marinette ship and I'd love to see more of it, but I feel like Lila being a romantic rival is...eh. We already have Chloe, do we really need another? Poor Adrien. It feels cheap to me, but I'll have to see what they do with her.
I'd like to see something between Volpina and Rena Rouge. Maybe Lila targets Alya too because she sees her transform.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 09:03:51 AM »
I watched some season 2 episodes and I am back on my Miraculous kick. I'm roping my girlfriend into watching the rest of it with me, hee hee...I'm amused that everything is on YouTube.
Season 3 stuff in spoiler.
Spoiler
I watched the first episode of Season 3. I'm all for the Adrien/Marinette ship and I'd love to see more of it, but I feel like Lila being a romantic rival is...eh. We already have Chloe, do we really need another? Poor Adrien. It feels cheap to me, but I'll have to see what they do with her.
I'd like to see something between Volpina and Rena Rouge. Maybe Lila targets Alya too because she sees her transform.

I had totally missed that 3 had begun, thanks for that heads up.

Spoiler
I really don't like Lila. I have met enough people like her who lie and do it to hurt other people and I can't stand them, so I have really no desire to see more of her. But I don't think she's much of a romantic rival at the moment...it depends how much Adrien feels sorry for her I suppose. It is interesting having her as a rival interconnecting with Hawk Moth sometimes, but really, if she never appeared again I'd be happy.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 12:06:45 PM »

Season 3

Spoiler
I'm not surprised that Lila has returned. I think the Season 2 finale left some hints that she still harbors resentment towards Marinette and is willing to let Hawk Moth akumatize her multiple times.  I'm also not a big fan of Lila either so I'd prefer if she didn't become a main character in Season 3

Spoilers about Season 2 including the finale

Spoiler
I rewatched the scene with Gabriel and Natalie after Natalie tried to use the Peacock and noticed that Natalie is still wearing the Peacock brooch in that scence. I know they can wear the Miraculous without using its power but it makes me wonder if she might try to use the Peacock again even though Gabriel has warned her not to. 

I agree with you on the Kwamis Taffeta. :) I think it's interesting how the main Kwamis all have different personalities and hope we see more of the personality of the Bee and Fox.

Those are good points about Nooroo and Gabriel. I know when Gabriel refused to let Norooo out of his sight on Nooroo's birthday Gabriel said something about not allowing Nooroo to be able to speak but then told Nooroo that he wasn't cruel enough to go through with silencing him forever.

I'm guessing that there is something that prevents the Kwamis from realizing there are other Kwami's in the same area unless they are revealed by their owners? Otherwise wouldn't Plagg be able to sense Nooroo in the same house?

I also wonder if Chole revealing the Bee Miraculous, the Bee Kwami and the fact that she can transform in to Queen Bee will have consequences later. I understand why she did it, but if the Miraculous and the Kwamis are a supposed to be a secret, she has put them at risk.

I sympathize with Adrien feeling left out because Ladybug/Marinette gets more access to Master Fu and the Miraculous Box than he does and is the one that is entrusted to borrow the Miraculous/know the holder's true idenity . I really hope in Season 3 Adrien will also get some speical acess privileges(although not the same ones)  like Marinette does. I'd also love to see Adrien meet/work with Tiki.

Master Fu has mentioned a few times that there would be consequences if the wish made on the Ladybug and Cat Noir Mircaulouses was granted. I have to wonder if Gabriel was successful in making his wish come true would whatever the consequnces are happen to Adrien?

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 03:28:27 PM »
I need to rewatch the second half of season 2 now its aired completely in the UK but its on my tv box at home. I wish that we got the episodes all on netflix when you guys do, it would be so much easier. Right now we just have season 1 because Disney have the rights - but don't even put season 2 on their own catchup service while it is airing, sigh. Stupid.

Season 3
Spoiler
I agree with you completely, Ponyfan. Lila in that one episode, fine. I can deal with her occasionally. But yeah. Not en masse.

Also I forget, did Chloe go somewhere? I remember she wanted her Mum to take her to NYC, and then that didn't happen, and her mum stayed around, and...I can't remember, did they all go somewhere at the end of one of those last episodes? Because she hasn't been in the series yet and I quite want her to put Lila in her place. And I don't really love Chloe, but at least I understand she's that way for a reason. Lila's family seem fine, by contrast...if a little easy to manipulate.

Second episode of season 3 had me going...erm...I'm watching a mixture of Jack and the Beanstalk and Beauty and the Beast? What now? But I actually still liked it. But wow. To begin with I thought it was a dream because it was really awkward (and how annoying must raising that baby be if he gets akumatised every time he's hungry?) But Adrien, "the worst thing is being lonely...and I know from my own experience"...:'( So far this season he seems the more grown up of the two. Marinette has rather messed up twice thus far, both times because she was too impulsive. And making an enemy of Lila was probably not a good plan...albeit unless Lila has better skills up her sleeve, it's going to be hard for her to do what she threatened to do. I still think Chloe needs to come back and kick her butt.

Also in the Jack and the Beaststalk episode, Plagg made a reference back to that mutual knowledge he and Tiki have about identities...when Adrien is out of the way he says that its not a problem having two girls...because they're the same girl...so I guess that is going to come up again in season 3, the kwamis knowing.

Also, re the last thing you said...

Spoiler
I guess the consequence could be a life for a life. Albeit I think Gabriel would be more likely to sacrifice his life, if he had a choice, for hers - it might be Nathalie's for Emelie's, although it could also be Adrien's. But I think that the combined power of the two miraculouses - to create and to destroy - is basically the ability to mess with the fundaments of everything. I mean, we already know that Plagg is a lot more dangerous than he is when Adrien is Chat Noir and his power is limited before he transforms back to just one use. We have no idea how dangerous Tiki might be in the same context but I think I'm right that she's a lot older than Plagg is, so in her case it might be even worse...probably best it never happens :/ though I am assuming at one point somewhere that it might...at least they might fall into the wrong hands.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 02:26:18 PM »
The episodes are out of order on Netflix too but at least you can choose what episode you want to watch in any order. :)

Season 3

Spoiler
I think I saw Chole in the background of the first episode of Season 3 When they show that a lot of the students have changed seats and Marinette thinks she will get the seat next to Adrien, but it seems the first episode is focused so much on Lilia and her conflict with Marinette that Chole is just a background character in this episode. It does seem strange that Chole is not trying to stake her "claim" on Adrien like she has for the last 2 seasons. I hope this doesn't mean that Chole has lost so much of her character potential this season.

I was hoping Marinette would become a little more mature in Season 3 but it sounds like so far she hasn't yet. I like that she's not perfect and makes mistakes but she seemed to be accepting that she was sometimes responsible for people being akumatized by jumping to conclusions too quickly at the end of Season 2.

I think Lila’s threat is her way of trying to control Marinette and I don’t think Adrien will be easy for her to manipulate since he already saw through her lies. Confronting Lila the way Marinette did wasn’t the best way and only gives Lila more reason to have a grudge against her.

It would have been interesting if Marinette had been akumatized, but then they wouldn’t be able to destroy the akuma since Ladybug is the only one that change them back to white butterflies.

That's very interesting that Plagg mentions that he knows Marinette and Ladybug are the same person. I was thinking that maybe they could only mention if they knew another holder's true identify in the presence of Master Fu or among themselves.

Also, re the last thing you said...

Spoiler
I guess the consequence could be a life for a life. Albeit I think Gabriel would be more likely to sacrifice his life, if he had a choice, for hers - it might be Nathalie's for Emelie's, although it could also be Adrien's. But I think that the combined power of the two miraculouses - to create and to destroy - is basically the ability to mess with the fundaments of everything. I mean, we already know that Plagg is a lot more dangerous than he is when Adrien is Chat Noir and his power is limited before he transforms back to just one use. We have no idea how dangerous Tiki might be in the same context but I think I'm right that she's a lot older than Plagg is, so in her case it might be even worse...probably best it never happens :/ though I am assuming at one point somewhere that it might...at least they might fall into the wrong hands.

Spoiler
I was thinking the same thing that the consequences might be one life in exchange for another. I don't think Gabriel would willingly risk Adrien's or Natalie's life (Although he does unknowingly put Adrien in danger by not realizing he's Cat Noir) but also think bringing the Ladybug and Cat Noir Miraculous together and trying to use them to make the wish might have bigger consequences than just a life for a life.

What you said about Plagg's power reminds me that the one time so far that we've seen Cat Noir use Cataclysm out of anger (in the Christmas episode) it caused a lot more destruction than usual and Plagg was so much weaker than usual after Adrien detransformed so maybe it would not only hurt the Kwamis but the holders and innocent people also.

Maybe Tiki’s full power would involve creating anything the holder desires whether it would be for a good or evil purpose.

I just thought of something. What if someone else tried to make the wish on the Miraculous before? Maybe that is what caused Master Fu to lose the Butterfly and Peacock Miraculous.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:28:21 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 10:56:17 PM »
I think this can probably not go in spoilers as it's such an old reference, but regarding Plagg and the Christmas episode...I remember wondering about that at the time, because it seems so strange and out of place. I had put it down to maybe Adrien forced him to transform without adequately fuelling him, but I dunno. Perhaps you have something there. O.o. I also wonder whether or not there's a negative impact on the Kwami if the power is used recklessly, as Adrien did in that instance.

In other things...
Spoiler
I also think the consequences could be vast. Let's think about it - Cataclysm can destroy stuff but Ladybug's ability to put everything back to rights is vital after all of their fights (if kid-show convenient). It implies potential permanent change.

I wonder a lot about the incident that led to the loss of Nooroo and the Peacock as well...and whether the peacock is actually damaged or if it is the nature of the ability. I remember Master Fu chose Adrien and Marinette, for all it seemed arbitrary. He tested Adrien in particular, if I remember rightly, with his spectacularly fake 'fall over' moment...but he is also always emphatic about individuals being worthy to hold the miraculouses. Chloe was an abberation albeit in the end it worked out - but it could have gone the same way as Nooroo, falling into the hands of someone who isn't necessarily evil but who wants to use the kwami for their own personal interests rather than overall good. Maybe that has some impact on the peacock as well...because for all he is not an evil person, Gabriel is using Nooroo for evil purposes. I find him a really interesting character in general.

I don't dislike Marinette for all her flaws and frustrations and moments when she just doesn't think. I have probably always liked Adrien/Chat Noir a little more because there's more going on with Adrien as a person and the way he is as Chat...but I just think Marinette is a genuinely emotional person and sometimes it means she gets carried away in that moment and doesn't see the bigger issues. She's a teenage girl at the end of the day...whereas although Adrien is a teenage boy, a lot of the normal experiences a teenager would have have passed him by and so he sees things sometimes more clearly. (And sometimes not).

One thing I will say though for them is that Adrien is more honest with his feelings. In Season 2 he asked Marinette about Kagami but then ultimately told Kagami he wasn't ready to move on from Ladybug (though Kagami clearly thinks he likes Marinette in my view).
Spoiler
Now in S3 he tells Tom (as Chat) very clearly that he has feelings for Ladybug and he has also said this to Ladybug's face and to Plagg as well
While Marinette talks to her friends a lot about her feelings for Adrien, and to Tiki, she hasn't told Adrien himself.

Perhaps she is more afraid of rejection than Adrien because Adrien is more used to being rejected? I wonder. There's something about how Adrien is not the same person when he's Chat - so maybe the mask gives him more confidence to say things.

On another note - Chloe seriously needs to kick Lila's butt.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal