collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can I cancel this sale? (eBay shipping problem)  (Read 1465 times)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Can I cancel this sale? (eBay shipping problem)
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:57:31 AM »
eBay strikes again  :mad:

I just had someone purchase a G4 from me on eBay; I was confused as buyer is from Europe and I don't ship internationally on eBay. Turns  out when I renewed the listing eBay automatically clicked the international shipping box (so helpful! Not.) They haven't paid yet.

Edit: checked the listing on my desktop; apparently I did uncheck the international shipping box when I relisted so how were they able to do this?

What do I do, can I cancel? If I do ship USPS.com says it'll be over $13 and that's just regular first class! Would the customs label be enough to prove I sent it if it gets lost? I don't want to lose $20 over a $6 pony...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:45:10 AM by dragonlady »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Can I cancel this sale? (eBay shipping problem)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:56:12 AM »
Are you referring to the international shipping through GSP check box?

If it says that, then you'll ship within the US and it'll be shipped to the buyer through a 3rd party shipper. I'd say just do it, and be mindful that box doesn't get clicked again.

It's also possible that maybe they are using their own 3rd party shipper located in the US.

OTHERWISE, if you did somehow select real international shipping it's really your call on what you want to do.

There's a few boxes you have to fill out for international to work. Like if you are doing a flat price for shipping on locations you choose or based on weight that you have to put in. I'm sort of surprised that would automatically fill out since there's many boxes-- and I tried with my current listings and it wouldn't let me put it through until I put in numbers.

Either way, as a seller *I* would bite the loss because I think that I am responsible for the listings I post. (Usually I'll double check on my phone to catch something odd). But if you feel better canceling it, then you can do that. It's your listing.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:58:02 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 06:23:03 AM »
I was listing some LPS on my phone and saw that it kept turning on international shipping, even after I turned it off... They're really trying to push their global shipping program. I was able to list for domestic shipping only, but I had to hit "list" fast. If it did it automatically, it sounds like they turned on GSP.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »
Yes Ebay is notorious for changing the settings on your auctions to accept the GSP to get around sellers who don't want to sell internationally  :(  Ebay is a global platform now so they really want to exclude small sellers who cannot ship internationally.  Drives me crazy because there are a lot of collectors who do not want to use the GSP who want to work with small sellers who DO ship internationally!

Nonetheless I think you should proceed with tracking/insurance/signature/whatever to satisfy your Paypal guarantee... it might be a bit more money going out, but if the buyer doesn't get the pony, they can force a refund.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal