collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you think of the new G4 packaging? Another new type of packaging on pg 2  (Read 6676 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of the new G4 packaging?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 12:36:12 AM »
Yup, just... too much plastic! If you are going to use that much packaging at least make the figure inside look nice and special? These are just your regular run of the mill G4s...
Exactly! If these were actually collectible, high quality figures I would think the packaging was a nice touch, but seeing a regular mane 6 brushable in there is almost infuriating. That’s such a waste of plastic for yet another rerelease!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 02:37:19 AM »
I personally don't mind them that much. I'm more concerned about the new Series 3 CMC packaging. The waste is horrible! With Series 1 and 2 you at least have a nice "house" to display the figure. But with this confetti stuff it's fun for like 0.00002 seconds and then it's just a BIG MESS and non of it is re-usable. Why did they change this?

But I still get more stick of those stupid LOL dolls and it worries me how popular they are. CMC S3 is bad but it's nothing compared to those when it comes to plastic waste.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 03:53:30 AM »
i like the aesthetic, but agree on the too much plastic.
I personally don't mind them that much. I'm more concerned about the new Series 3 CMC packaging. The waste is horrible! With Series 1 and 2 you at least have a nice "house" to display the figure. But with this confetti stuff it's fun for like 0.00002 seconds and then it's just a BIG MESS and non of it is re-usable. Why did they change this?

But I still get more stick of those stupid LOL dolls and it worries me how popular they are. CMC S3 is bad but it's nothing compared to those when it comes to plastic waste.
oh gosh, i've not got any myself but i saw a youtube video on them. don't they have loads of plastic wrapping layers, a couple of capsules (for the big ones) and in the end everything is in plastic baggies? that just seems frustrating to open, ignoring the obvious wasteful aspect.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 03:55:05 AM by bladed »

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 08:18:30 AM »
I'm not a fan. They take up too much space and it doesn't even look that nice in my opinion. I'd rather them save that packaging for special releases, not plain old Mane 6 repeats

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 09:36:43 AM »
I have other toys with this kind of packaging, and I hate it. Not only is there too much plastic, it can be a nuisance to display, simply because it's so fragile.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 10:00:57 AM »
I always preferred MOC... This new packaging is waaaay too much plastic and the package itself is soo big... why? :/ No good for a collector :P

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 10:19:14 AM »
I also preferred the card style over these and hope this is a one time package deal and not the new standard. I like leaving my G4 ponies MOC/MIB unless I get a duplicate. :) I saw the new Celestia with pink glitter wings but not Luna.

Does anyone know if the glitter symbol set with Trixie was supposed to only one wave? The stores in my area went from the set with Trixie to these.

I love the little house/display case for the CMC. Why would Hasbro change that?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 11:49:27 AM »
I think it's cute! I might just for these to keep MIB! At least they display easier than anything on a card.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »
Does anyone know if the glitter symbol set with Trixie was supposed to only one wave? The stores in my area went from the set with Trixie to these.

There's supposed to be a Wave 2. With Cheerilee, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity. Shame that it seems it was just straight up skipped. I think the gimmick looks pretty and it's definitely better than just normal old Mane 6 ponies woth nothing special about them (those packages don't count!).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 02:49:52 PM »
Where are the burshes, extra small things that used to come with ponies.  If you are gonna have that much plastic space why not put it to use! 

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 09:19:37 PM »
Where are the burshes, extra small things that used to come with ponies.  If you are gonna have that much plastic space why not put it to use!

I know! How do you expect people to brush their ponies hair or play with it if you don’t give them any brush or accessories?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 09:57:18 PM »

I know! How do you expect people to brush their ponies hair or play with it if you don’t give them any brush or accessories?

Tbh! That's something that annoys me with recent G4/4.5 releases. Early on for $5 you got a pony with detailed eyes (show-accurate gradients and shines), nice hair, character variety, and each one came with a comb, wagon/saddle, and a pet. That's just the contents! The early cards had art and a little story with it.

Now you get mane6 repeats with knotted dry hair, plain eyes, no accessories of any kind, no BRUSH. I mean... they package these ponies with terrible hair, and without a comb you're not going able to fix it. All for the same price of $5. If you want Rainbow Dash to have a pair of sunglasses, the price is bumped up to what, $7? Still the same quality, and STILL no comb! And the cards? Absolutely nothing! Your run-of-the-mill stock image that's the same on every single package, and NOTHING on the back. There's no incentive in collecting G4s brand new, might as well buy them used off eBay. Or better yet, find them at Goodwill or something.

And don't even get me started on how the product description for these girls on Amazon lists the hair as a feature!
I guess maybe this is because of the molded mane ponies they put in the same type of tube packaging, but come on! Brushable hair has always been a staple for MLP. You shouldn't have to advertise it. "This My Little Pony Mane Pony 3-inch Pinkie Pie pony figure has pink hair that appears bubbly and bouncy" Please, it's the same factory ringlet you give every single pony you put out. And Rainbow Dash has "a rainbow mane and tail with an edgy look". What does that even mean? She has the same "bubbly and bouncy" hair you gave Pinkie!

Now, the packaging itself... I'm indifferent. What I DO like is the rainbow packaging that the Celestia and Luna come in. It's so pretty! I'm anxious to see what Hasbro puts out this year. Some of it looks decent, others... put hair as a feature.

I'm still looking for Sandbar...!

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 12:30:20 AM »
Too much plastic, but at least you get a great view of what's inside from all angles. And I like the minimalist design.

BTW, this reminds me, didn't Hasbro release a statement a few years ago that they were going to reduce their ecological footprint by using less plastic in their packaging...? I remember something along those lines. Maybe overall they have been using less plastic for their toys, and these new G4 packages are just an exception, but I honestly never really noticed that much of a change.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 12:56:49 AM »
mmm plastic just what the world needs more off, I am not a fan
yep, you would think hasbro would get on the environmental  bandwagon by now and try and cut back on all that unnecessary plastic fulling up our world

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
Although I would love to see less plastic, I appreciate that they're getting creative, shaking it up and trying something new. My rule is that I only keep my new G4 ponies MIB if there's some unique effort or new illustrations or something distinctive. I'm still debating if I need this packaging in my Rarity army, because I'd have to take her out to style that mane, and then put her back in for display! :lol:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal