collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 5476 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 08:18:26 AM »
I would totally organize a pony room!!!! What fun. Can you imagine the conversations. Tex can't go on this shelf...him and Starburst had a fight over who would rule the shelf kingdom...Tex did not win. Did you hear 4-speed is teaching the twins how to fix pinkie pie party cannon? Oh the gossip as you put families together.

:D :D :D OMG yes hehehehe!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:49 AM »
i say play with ponies!!! i don't exactly play with mine anymore... mostly take photos.... buuuut if i'm dusting my shelves i have been known to rearrange ponies to who i think they'd like to be with :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
I don't have the imagination to play with ponies anymore... (Isn't that sad?) I'm more of a clean and do hair kinda gal. You're welcome over any time. The pony room is a shared space, we can always use help sorting sports cards...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 10:20:48 AM »
I will take care of the kids' pony room... since my ponies often find themselves in my daughter's room... *sigh*  stuff can get broken & fixed here. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »
I am all about spa days!!! That's like 90% of the fun. No imagination...I bet you have a great idea for pony hair:)

We could do photo stores. Ringlets (I think that is who) did amazing photo stories!!! I used to and miss doing them!

No clue about sports xards... but it sounds like fun. Like a match game:)

Not to toot my own horn, but consistently I run into kids at my job. I get the looks of this child is so hyper active they will take you out....and by the end they are taking a nap!!! Hahaha I sadly don't have my own so I live playing with other's kids.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 11:07:49 AM »
What a fun thread! :D

I don't have a pony room, but I have two small displays with some of my favourite ponies in my bedroom. As for the rest of my ponies, my nightstand is a big tub filled with ponies. XD

Children aren't allowed near my ponies (not that I know any children, but hey), but I totally wouldn't mind another collector handling them. After all, collectors know how to handle ponies. :D It would be so much fun to open my tub o' ponies with someone who knows ponies! :frolic:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline amanda34

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
Hello it's me again! what i'm loving the most is we are all of us scattered around the world, but we are all playing with ponies and imagining that we are all together in one place playing with ponies! doing our own thing hair days, playsets, what ever! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 12:25:35 PM »
This thread is so much fun!
Currently all my ponies are in storage as we are in teh midst of a renovation, but I take some of them out every chance i get to brush hair or take pictures of newer ones visiting the herd. When the renovation is done anyone is welcome to handle my ponies, brush hair etc etc....I'm buying new shelving units for all my ponies and am excited for the renovation to be done for this very reason of displaying!

I agree on being careful with customs of course, but even they are allowed to be handled gently :D

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »
NO TOUCHY

But not because I'm mean, it's because some of them are sitting JUST. SO. and they'll fall over if their row/shelf is disturbed, lol! 

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 03:31:17 PM »
I'm SO glad you asked because I actually, literally have a sign on my room's door that says "don't touch the ponies, they may bite." With collectors, I'm less bugged by it because I trust we all would treat them with utmost care, but I really am bothered by just anybody touching or playing with my collection. My mom likes to bring in clients who come to the house and sometimes friends/family to see my room (even though not even half of my collection is displayed) because she thinks it's just so neat (and so does everybody else, I haven't had one person have anything but a positive reaction) so that's why I have the sign up in the first place.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 03:04:19 AM »
I'm SO glad you asked because I actually, literally have a sign on my room's door that says "don't touch the ponies, they may bite." With collectors, I'm less bugged by it because I trust we all would treat them with utmost care, but I really am bothered by just anybody touching or playing with my collection. My mom likes to bring in clients who come to the house and sometimes friends/family to see my room (even though not even half of my collection is displayed) because she thinks it's just so neat (and so does everybody else, I haven't had one person have anything but a positive reaction) so that's why I have the sign up in the first place.

lool i might have to get a similar sign (sideeyes little cousin)... or maybe make a shelf for her since she loves the pony lady upstairs :P she's taken most of my blind bags and some brushables already (willingly on my side, don't worry!)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 04:56:18 AM »
So you're coming over to play with my ponies?! great!  :squee:  :newpony:  :hearts:  collectors/ adults allowed!! no need for gloves or songs to persuade me ;)   :D   if you want spa days , photos, playsets everywhere, want to make a new display, make up stories or take the collection outside? - totally yeah!!!! come in!!!! :) 
I just have one rule:  no kids allowed!!  ( - "no touchy!"  applies to kids making grabby hands ;) although I might not apply the rule if they are kids who like cleaning and want to wash some of my bait/restoration ponies  :P  )

We could do photo stories. Ringlets (I think that is who) did amazing photo stories!!! I used to and miss doing them!

Guilty !! that's me !! and thank for remembering me and liking my stories!!! :lovey:  :hug: :deathhug:   :heart: :lovey: :tackleglomp: :cheer:  :frolic:  I miss doing my photo stories as well. Real life problems got in the way = no fun!! I miss those times when I had chance to do a big photoshoot with a story - I'd love to get back in to it!! :happy:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »
Hmm. If friends/relatives agree to warn you when kids are coming with, then you can have your ponies mostly displayed in a cart to wheel away into another room or closet so long as your collections aren’t too big for that… can keep a tub of other toys to set out that can be broken/claimed as your decoy meanwhile.  :whoa:
I am so out of box I’ve a circus tent an adult can fit inside usually set up in my living room. My MLPs spend a lot of time parading to it and they are pretty durable if humble work horses. I and they play quite a lot, sometimes a friend will but most are too shy. Normally it’s just the parakeet and he only loves/plays with Baby Surprise and two of my turtles for reasons I haven’t quite figured out…(but suspect is partly over that shiny limey hair...) :bird:
https://peertube.social/videos/watch/756a6cd4-8512-48d4-8c7f-67a2650f03b8

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 03:26:18 PM »
looks like I'm the only one who can handle the children touching my ponies LOL  admittedly I did raise my voice more than a little bit when I realized my Greek ponies were hanging out with the Pinkie Pie army.  AUGH those are Mommy's special ponies!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 03:58:09 PM »
I think the reason I'm ok with people playing is that my sister has access to my collection. And she's not rough with them or irresponsible, but to her they're still toys more than collectables, and she will kidnap them and put them in her dressing gown pocket sometimes...(my sister sounds about eight with that description, she's 31, some of you have met her at ponycon, she's the one who rescues sad looking ponies unless I can talk her out of it...)

In any case, Naynie and I played together with ponies as kids, and while neither of us play ponies any more, getting them out and stuff is part of the fun of them. Sometimes it's the garden, sometimes the lounge, sometimes on trips. I've taken ponies to lots of different places. I have my special Fluttershy (Fluttsi) that Naynie bought me to take to Japan and she's got a whole travelography (if that's a word) of images from Japan, Portugal, across the UK...I think she may also have met a couple of ponypeople...but I've also taken ponies to other places or bought them in other places and then taken them on sightseeing trips. I guess my MOC ponies are definitely not for play and my sister (who doesn't collect or really like MOC) would never mess with them. But the loose ones are mostly fair game...

Mostly.

It's rare for me to have other people come and play with my ponies, or even meet them. I would love to have that happen more. I've taken Baby Susie to a couple of meets, hence the on grass photos in the gallery of her with Billie - but the only reason I don't take her now is that I worry about losing her...rather than thinking anyone would hurt her. I think she's the kind of pony that should be seen because she's the only one - but I'm prone to being an idiot, and since I left a bag on a bus and lost my camera case in austria...I'm rather more wary of taking rare ponies on trips.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal