collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls Classic Style version differences?  (Read 887 times)

Offline Poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
Equestria Girls Classic Style version differences?
« on: December 29, 2018, 04:14:16 PM »
A bit late to the party, I know, but I've just started picking these girls up, and I'm wondering how many of them have the slightly fancier (earlier edition, maybe?) variants. The only ones I'm aware of at the moment are Pinkie Pie (glitter on yellow balloon on shirt, two bracelets instead of one), Sunset Shimmer (small braided/twisted section in hair, glitter on sun design on shirt, three bracelets instead of two), and Applejack (small braided/twisted section in hair, metallic apple design on shirt), but what about the other four? Have they got variants, too?

Also, how easy have the fancier variants been to find?

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls Classic Style version differences?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 06:04:00 PM »
Huh, I hadn't even realized they had variants.  I vaguely remember there being a switch to a slightly different box style; so, I bet that's when they changed.  I did get my Sunset first and she is the fancier version.  The rest that I have came from well into the Toys R Us clearance sales, and they are the simpler versions. 

I found video reviews of Rainbow Dash with glitter on her shirt and Fluttershy with glittery butterflies on her skirt.  I couldn't find any photos etc. showing obvious differences for Twilight and Rarity though there may be some.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls Classic Style version differences?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »
I was looking through my Flickr photos yesterday and found a pic of when the Classic Style Equestria Girls first appeared. The glitter/fancier versions were the 1st editions for dolls. :) I haven't seen pics of a fancier Twilight and Rarity doll though but I don't think they would have left 2 of the main characters out of the 1st release.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal