collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: This Youtuber has Cool Reboot Ideas (that Hasbro will never use).  (Read 824 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I just wanted to share this video because I think this girl's G5 reboot ideas are really cool.  I mean, Hasbro will never use them.  :P  But so what, the ideas are still great and would make a great fanfic.

Spoiler warning, though!  The video does discuss some spoilers for G5 from those leaked Hasbro emails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4vKQbpOn5k

One thing I really like is how she also thinks about it from a toy perspective?  And how she pulls in some G1 and G3 elements.

Spoiler
Did YOU catch the G3 "catch a kite and you catch a wish" reference? :P

I also love the idea of

Spoiler
Applejack being a flutter pony from the wrong side of the tracks that all the elite flutter ponies look down on because she grows sturdy apple trees instead of delicate flowers.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pony.Backpack

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: This Youtuber has Cool Reboot Ideas (that Hasbro will never use).
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »
I LOVE Jenny Nicholson!! I saw the title and was honestly hoping it was her video  :frolic: :happy: I LOVE her personality!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »
I just discovered her and I love her too!  Her deadpan humor is amazing!  (I mean, not in this video, but in her movie reviews.  "This guy's a crocodile.  This guy's a boomerang.")

I was so happy when I saw she had pony videos too!  (This one and some where she's washing G1 ponies, which are just . . . weirdly soothing.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pony.Backpack

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »
I just discovered her and I love her too!  Her deadpan humor is amazing!  (I mean, not in this video, but in her movie reviews.  "This guy's a crocodile.  This guy's a boomerang.")

I was so happy when I saw she had pony videos too!  (This one and some where she's washing G1 ponies, which are just . . . weirdly soothing.)

agreed! She's also on a YouTube show but I don't remember what it's called  :cry: it's all nerd culture stuff! Definitely recommend it!

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:44:10 PM »
I found her recently and I love the way she expresses herself. She makes really cool videos. ^^ Anyway, I watched that one and I really like her ideas. She's even thinking about the toyline and mixes ideas from the previous generations, that's really lovely. :D
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 06:41:29 PM »
JENNY!! I love her videos!
I hope we get something as creative as she presented in G5.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 07:10:06 PM »
Tried watching... couldn't watch that video XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 07:15:38 PM »
What's so creative about it? She's basically just doing the same thing that Hasbro's current MLP and a million shows before and after it have rehashed ad naseum.

Because what was TS doing? Going to school. What is she doing now? Teaching school. What is EQG? School.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 07:22:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »
What's so creative about it? She's basically just doing the same thing that Hasbro's current MLP and a million shows before and after it have rehashed ad naseum.

Because what was TS doing? Going to school. What is she doing now? Teaching school. What is EQG? School.
I was thinking moreso the potential for toys, if her ideas were to be followed through. Bioluminesence (sp?) for Rarity seems really cool, and bringing Luna back AS Twilight Sparkle is a neat idea.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »

I was thinking moreso the potential for toys, if her ideas were to be followed through. Bioluminesence (sp?) for Rarity seems really cool, and bringing Luna back AS Twilight Sparkle is a neat idea.

Not really. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity are everywhere. And I never want to see them on the shelves again.  Because everyone and their dog has ten of them. Glow in the dark has been done before too. As well as the species swap.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 07:44:25 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 04:04:48 PM »
I'm afraid that any reboot that involves rebooting the mane 6 is not a reboot to me. I pretty much agree with LAW that it's not that original, although she is right that kids do read boarding school stories :/

In any case, it's interesting to note that Applejack is the one that sells out most quickly in this area. I've also seen little girls specifically asking their mother for Applejack. It's kind of problematic here that she deals cider which in UK lingo is alcohol, but aside that she seems pretty popular with the kids over this way.

Besides, she is the thread to the old MLP and that's why she's there. And I am sure a part of why there are elements of the fandom that don't like her is because of that thread to old MLP. I don't think it's about what kids like or don't like. I think it's about what bronies like or don't like...

In any case, without disrespecting the youtuber, there's nothing really new in this concept. New would be really new. New characters. New setting. New concept. New structure of ponyland. New everything. This isn't reboot, it's more rinse and recycle.

(Yeah, I know if there's a reboot we're probably stuck with mane 6, but I really want people to move away from the ideas that G1 was in any way tied to animation and that a reboot has to reprise any aspects of the previous generation. Because, frankly, we did fine before that was a thing and I'd like to see Hasbro create something brand new for a brand new generation of kids.

No offence to the video person. I'm sure she's awesome.  Just, if you can use screengrabs of existing things for an idea, it's really not a new idea...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »
I just discovered her

That's the same Jenny of Friendship is Witchcraft fame. She's a pony people :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal