collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Sundance  (Read 9033 times)

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
Re: Princess Sundance
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 05:13:34 AM »
This thread kind of makes me wonder where shelti is ;)

awwwww

we guys seriusely need some sort of oldies reuineion... sometimes i catch names here n there and get all excited with your familliars accounts. but im myself less here and more in the social networking. i'm trying and enjoying the arena at least once a week but its not enough for me :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Sundance + ribbon and her new friend!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2019, 06:24:43 AM »
Hi everyone!
I completely forgot to post that this ribbon was also in the lot. It is very cloth like, and wider than usual, apologies if I’m wrong but I believe this has something to do with Megan and/or sundance, so it could be her original ribbon! There were no other g1s or ribbons in the lot
Ribbon

Plus, this Saturday just gone, I picked up another marketplace lot and got this beauty! Sundance seems very happy to meet another princess just like her! I’ll be bringing both these lovelies to U.K. ponycon, so if you’d like to meet them and or take a picture of them, give me a shout! I’ll have a purple popples backpack on, don’t be afraid to say hi if you want to!

More pics

In all my years of collecting, I’ve never once found a regular princess, but I’ve found two variants? Don’t ask me how that works, I’ve no idea!
Sunsparkle xx

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2019, 07:04:21 AM »
super duper sweet!!  that is just so cool - yep = England be a great stompin' ground for variant princess ponies :-)

I do love how sparkle/amethyst oddballs are more pink than lavendar-y 

what a cute couple!

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2019, 07:13:49 AM »
super duper sweet!!  that is just so cool - yep = England be a great stompin' ground for variant princess ponies :-)

I do love how sparkle/amethyst oddballs are more pink than lavendar-y 

what a cute couple!

They do tend to be pocketed in regions though. It may be dependent on where Sunsparkle lives, as some areas definitely had more of these than others. I've never found a single one at a carboot in all the years collecting in the midlands, nor ever in a store. BUT I know a lot turned up on the south coast and down in the south west, possibly even the South East. It seems to be something to do with distribution, but I don't know what the pattern is exactly.

In general, regular set 1 Princesses are a lot more common and more distributed across the whole UK than variants. BUT if you live in a hotspot, you may just find more than one weirdy...

Congrats on the new add, Sunsparkle ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2019, 08:23:06 AM »
yes fair point regarding hot spots didn't mean to seem inconsiderate as assuming all areas equal

relation at all to local manufacturing in how the stores sold for retail?   So is distribution  likely tied to south coast - west to east since that is also where these odd-balls were manufactured?  I think I remember the story that hasbro sent over bits and parts for assembling locally?

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2019, 11:31:52 AM »
Thanks!

I’m in Swindon (south west) but for both of these two I’ve travelled an hour and a half or so (Hounslow for Sundance and Addlestone for Amethyst), these two are only half an hour away (ish) from each other too so I’d say there’s certainly hot spots! The g1s I find locally are usually posey or Lickety split! Oh and baby Applejack? I got my fourth of her and confetti in this lot! Baby lollipop was also in this lot, I paid £35, I’m so pleased!

Sunsparkle xx

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2019, 03:23:53 PM »
Thanks!

I’m in Swindon (south west) but for both of these two I’ve travelled an hour and a half or so (Hounslow for Sundance and Addlestone for Amethyst), these two are only half an hour away (ish) from each other too so I’d say there’s certainly hot spots! The g1s I find locally are usually posey or Lickety split! Oh and baby Applejack? I got my fourth of her and confetti in this lot! Baby lollipop was also in this lot, I paid £35, I’m so pleased!

Sunsparkle xx

Yeah :D I'm currently about an hour from those places by bus in the other direction (I was actually in Hounslow yesterday, which is just a weird coincidence). I've only been here a year but haven't found any princesses - however G1 are so rare that I think you also need a flicker of luck as well. I'm glad they ended up in collector hands :D

Where I grew up in the midlands was unfortunately a hotspot for Sundae Best. Which was weird as I never saw any in stores, but found hundreds secondhand. ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2019, 03:44:42 PM »
Gorgeous!!! What a find and of course a new friend for Princess Sundance! :heart:

I am looking forward to seeing them at PonyCon ;) I think people will be interested in seeing them :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »
Off Topic.. But, I agree with Taffeta on the NC sundance not being made in Spain. Some So Soft Sundances in the US are no country stamp origin as well. So I think it was when they were going through a transition of country change, and maybe forgot to stamp it?

(I know this this thread has been quiet for a month, but I've been catching up on Arena stuff.)

When I saw this statement about SS Sundance, I had to go check the one that I started deflocking a couple or more years ago (and never finished).  Just so there is picture evidence:

I've had this girl since childhood, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get her new.  She might have been acquired at a flea market or some such.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2019, 04:04:39 AM »
yep good catch on the lack of hoof mark/ HK stamp  I think that those with flocking were sometimes re-purposed as like the UK posey and the UK buttons - 3 button variety.  To me it makes sense since flocking would seem to be a final production step and ya can divert existing pony stock to just packaging instead

kinda like how we found those vennes got repurposed as pinata toys sans hair and a squeaker-installed

thanks for the share!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal