collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What ponies did you get for Christmas as a kid?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
What ponies did you get for Christmas as a kid?
« on: December 25, 2018, 03:00:45 AM »
Hi there :)

Ponies for Christmas as a kid!! Wasnt that great? Did you get some for Christmas as a kid? Which ones? Tell us here! :D

I didnt get many ponies for Christmas as a kid (most of mine were bought with my pocket money or by my grandma when I visited her) but I vivdly remember that I got the Show Stable with Lemon Drop and the Disco Pony Player for Christmas once <3
We were at my Grandmas house that day and I remember putting the Show Stable under the tree and pretend it was built in a pine forest :P Then Player came to visit Lemon Drop <3
Still have both ponies; sadly the Show Stable didnt make it :/

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What ponies did you get for Christmas as a kid?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 05:54:31 AM »
 :shy: Ponies would be my top ask as a kid every holiday and birthday since 1985 if not earlier... so it's become a blur... but I do distinctly remember getting so soft Paradise and Hippity Hop one Easter and being instantly fascinated... I'd never even seen the so softs advertised somehow... and they felt soooo good...
:0 Thou sadly I don't remember who gave them to me... ducks! They were my only childhood so softs. The same holiday I got a snugglebumm,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtfMxA70WE
 another toy that would blast you back to the eighties if you remember them? Seriously who names a kid's toy that... but the toy was pretty neat anyway. The pony's were always bit hypnotized by the glowing light when they wondered through those caves of quilts... it was a mystery in ponyland similar to the sighting of a UFO... you might have heard the stories, you might have seen one, but you'll pretend you didn't see one because what other pony would ever believe you? :lmao:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 06:06:52 AM »
One Christmas as a child I got Blueberry Baskets and Raspberry Jam.  They were some of the last ponies I received as a child, because shortly after that they were all taken away from me because they were "girls" toys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
One Christmas as a child I got Blueberry Baskets and Raspberry Jam.  They were some of the last ponies I received as a child, because shortly after that they were all taken away from me because they were "girls" toys.
Those kind of boxes just make me want to Grrr...
Have a Merry Pony Christmas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMvqrjnraqQ

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 01:30:06 PM »
I know I received my first pony - Powder - for Christmas...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
I know I got one or two sets of twins, and I also got mint dreams one year.

Offline Perikoala

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »
I can't remember well how many I got for Christmas but at least I think these were:

Barnacle, Steamer, Sugarberry, Cupido, Baby Lemon Drop, Baby Tiddley-Winks or Baby Moondancer and the Kitchen.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »
I only remember a few.  My sister and I got the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe one year and I'm sure we got at least one extra pony each to go with it.  The last ones I got for Christmas as a kid were Teeny Tiny Twins Sniffles and Snookums and Colorswirl Springy-because of that I always considered Springy to be their mom.  (I still have all of these-though I might not have all the accessories to the Sweet Shoppe anymore.)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 08:04:26 PM »
I can only recall one pony that I got for Christmas specifically - Princess Sparkle :) And here she is, nearly (or approximately?) 30 years later!

P

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 09:01:16 PM »
My godparents split the cost of the Satin Slipper Sweet Shop and I remember opening that up. Then promptly tackling the assembly like I'd been shopping at IKEA. :lol: I was disappointed that I couldn't serve the ponies real teeny tiny ice cream cones. :|

The year the Dream Castle was new, it was split three ways by two of my cousin's families and mine; so we all had joint ownership. Then we each got a different pony, mine was Firefly.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 07:21:56 AM »
Oh so many nice ponies for christmas <3

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 07:36:25 AM »
Well, I know which ponies are from my childhood, but I have not idea which ones were for Christmas or my birthday or something else. ^^'
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »
Over the years I know for sure I got the Lullabye Nursery, the dance school, the perm shoppe, the perfume palace, and TAF Megan & Sundance.  I know there must have been more specific ponies but I don't remember any.  Most of my single pony/non-playset pony memories are random "just because" gifts! 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
I had ponies for Christmas! I remember clearly some of them but others I don't remember if it was then or my birthday because that's only a couple of months after...

In any case, I believe my first pony came for Christmas in 84, which was rainbow Windy. I think it's likely that I had either Masquerade or Snowflake for Christmas as well though I can't be sure. One of my Mountain Boys also came for Christmas. Fireball or Thundercloud. Not sure which.

In later years I know for sure that I had Star Gleamer and Songster (together, not a good combination) and then Starflash which I still consider my "Christmas pony". My sister had Hula Hula (US: Pina Colada) then too. We have lots of pictures of them and that Christmas.

We also had a bunch in the middle 1990s. I think baby Applejack and such were there but I was an early teen then and collecting properly so I guess that doesn't count.

One year my mum answered an ad in a paper for someone selling pony playsets and some ponies and she got a lot of stuff for us then. That was 1990 I think? My sister had the Lullabye Nursery and the Dance School, as well as Sprinkles and some baby ponies. I had the Grooming Parlour and Peachy, the Show stable and Lemon Drop (she was new from Hasbro as the playset was missing her) and I also had Princess Aquamarine who had faded hair and a lost symbol but I was so excited to have another Princess Pony that I never cared at all :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 02:59:27 AM »
I got only knockoffs, but I was honestly young enough that I couldn't tell the difference. Though it's definitely nice I can collect the real thing now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal