collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintage Pizzazz Shoes ID  (Read 892 times)

Offline On-X

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
Vintage Pizzazz Shoes ID
« on: December 24, 2018, 10:05:51 AM »
My Pizzazz has been without her shoes since I found her at the flea market several years ago. Now I think I found a pair of her shoes but I'm not sure. They are definitely first year pumps but they are more lavender/purple than gray. That said, they don't seem to match any of the other first year pumps that are more definitively purple. They seem to have an iridescence to them. I've read that there is variation in the coloring of her shoes. Can anyone here confirm or deny these as Pizzazz's shoes? The color is hard to really capture in photos (which may be why I can't seem to really match them to the photos I've seen) but I've got two angles below. Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ommxtCqcvk9mjSCy8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vr6SY2cNXCYAjS3j9

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Vintage Pizzazz Shoes ID
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 07:51:22 AM »
It is hard to be 100% from the photos but they do look a lot like they belong to a release of Pizzazz. I am not as certain as you are that they are definitely first year pumps, as there are a number of variations on her first year shoes depending on the type of doll/place of manufacture/distribution...and the second year shoes don't look so very different either, since 2nd year Misfits basically have the same outfit as first year ones.

I can't get at my first/second edition Pizzazz dolls at the moment to check what's on their feet. You're probably already aware of Prance's site but she has some pictures and comparisons...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

First year

First year (variation) and second year.

The first year variation shoes are easy to spot, and mostly show up in the UK and Europe with "NC" or ballwristed dolls. But there are both first year dolls made in HK and China without ballwrists as well as the second year releases. So lots of minor detail variations mean that it might be hard to make an exact match to which release. Hopefully the above images will help...

In any case, and at the very least, I think they belong to Pizzazz.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline On-X

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 05:50:40 AM »
Thanks for the info and the confirmation, Taffeta! I have been to the Prancetron site but it (along with others) lists her shoes as being gray while my pair only look gray from certain angles and the predominant color impression is purple. The shoes are now on her feet and she is finally (after several years) complete. She was my first doll but one of the last to be finished off. Thanks again!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 06:07:09 AM »
Thanks for the info and the confirmation, Taffeta! I have been to the Prancetron site but it (along with others) lists her shoes as being gray while my pair only look gray from certain angles and the predominant color impression is purple. The shoes are now on her feet and she is finally (after several years) complete. She was my first doll but one of the last to be finished off. Thanks again!

You're welcome! It's always nice to complete a doll :D Especially a Misfit ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal