collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mystery Bird and Bunny ID  (Read 1244 times)

Offline On-X

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
Mystery Bird and Bunny ID
« on: December 23, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »
Can anyone help ID this mystery pair of animals? They are each marked "(C) 1987 TCFC TAIWAN" and are about 2.5-3 inches tall. I'm assuming the TCFC means "Those Characters From Cleveland" but I cannot ID them despite my best Google search efforts. Thanks in advance!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oDCvcNgcpSVRXKbGA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9KijrqqtjvRKTX9p7

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Bird and Bunny ID
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:37:21 AM »
This is really just a wild guess and is not intended to be an ID but back in the day as well as today a lot of TV characters were used to sell bubble bath and shampoo, there would be a plastic figure that looked like a toy over the bottle which was either the lid to that bottle or went over the actual lid... sometimes these even had fake hair. I don't think our generation was as good about saving all of those sales gimmicks for prosperity as they aren't normally sold in the toy department, and a lot of parents toss with the empty bottle.
They just look so much like some of the pixietails to me... but I only found evidence of Lady Lovely Locks getting a bottle...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/600954677/vintage-1987-lady-lovely-locks-doll?ref=search_recently_viewed-1
 so hers is supposed to be 1987 at least... and I don't know if  that bottle is marked TCFC but I know other stuff in that line was.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 06:34:00 AM »
I agree they really look like Lady Lovely Locks Pixietails!  The duck was one of Maiden Curly Crown's and the bear-looking thing was either Lady's herself or Maiden FairHair's.

Bubble bath bottle is a good guess, what else could those round holes be?
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline On-X

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 08:28:04 AM »
The holes on the bottom also made me think of bubble bath/shampoo but I had no luck finding anything that matched. They are very similar to items in the Lady Lovelylocks doll line but again, nothing matches. They're cute and my wife is happy to add them to her collection but we're really curious as to exactly what they are.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal