collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Popples for Bushwoolies?  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Popples for Bushwoolies?
« on: December 18, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just wondering if anyone else likes to pretend their popples are actually bushwoolies, over those static G1 Hasbro molds... I always thought that bushwoolies ought to roll!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Popples for Bushwoolies?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »
That is so cute!  I don't have any of the little plush popples, sure wish I did though!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:50:32 PM »
That is such a small Popple! I had no idea they came in that size. The ones I had as a kid were much larger than a G1 pony. I remember I had Pancake and Party, and they were both a bit larger than my Care Bear plushies. But I like the idea of a small Popple! PC in your photo is very cute!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »
fun idea!
i have a little white popple that size!

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:30:22 PM »
I love popples so I'm a bit biased, and I don't care for the bushwoolie toys. If only I had some tiny Popples. I need a mini Puffball for Princess Tiffany.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 10:42:21 PM »
I have/had most of these - I don't remember if they did the full main cast in minis or not, I don't think so, but they're quite cute.  They have hard plastic arms and legs, but cloth bodies and tails.  The pouch elastics tend to wear out pretty easily.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 01:15:19 AM »
I have always felt that Bushwoolie toys should be fluffy! Now I need to find myself a small Popple (had heard the name but didn't really know what they were until today!).

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 05:37:38 AM »
I always thought of those little fluff balls with googly eyes and sticky feet as furbobs! I honestly never thought about bushwoolies until I found out they were actual plastic creatures...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 07:34:38 AM »
How cute!

As a kid, I had the pink small Popple like that.. heh

Offline amanda34

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
Hi, what are popples? I've never heard of them until now. I want some!! Your photo is lovely. I think popples look so much more cuddly than bushwoolies. Although i'd like some of those too!!

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 03:21:57 AM »
I always thought of those little fluff balls with googly eyes and sticky feet as furbobs! I honestly never thought about bushwoolies until I found out they were actual plastic creatures...
Fluff balls with sticky feet? The only toy I can think of was those 'Furrever Friends' cats... they had velcro on the bottom so you could make their tails longer and longer?
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/furreverfriends-commercials.php
I can also remember playing bushwoolies with a purple 'My Precious Puffs' but don't remember a sticky bottom on that.
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/mypreciouspuffs-music.php
Hi, what are popples? I've never heard of them until now. I want some!! Your photo is lovely. I think popples look so much more cuddly than bushwoolies. Although i'd like some of those too!!
:blink: Since the early eighties I've just been pretending that popple was another word for bushwoolie, so I don't actually know/remember that much about Popples as Popples...  they kind of strike me as a sort of 'Hamtaro' meets 'The Littles' type deal, if that makes sense? I think they are mischevious talking critters and can get into trouble/you into trouble, trying to help you.  :pillow: Otherwise they have an oddly catchy tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AlGWNdiWeY
Better to ask Khoufu...

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 05:37:41 AM »
Fluff balls with sticky feet? The only toy I can think of was those 'Furrever Friends' cats... they had velcro on the bottom so you could make their tails longer and longer?
I can also remember playing bushwoolies with a purple 'My Precious Puffs' but don't remember a sticky bottom on that.
:blink: Since the early eighties I've just been pretending that popple was another word for bushwoolie, so I don't actually know/remember that much about Popples as Popples...  they kind of strike me as a sort of 'Hamtaro' meets 'The Littles' type deal, if that makes sense? I think they are mischevious talking critters and can get into trouble/you into trouble, trying to help you.  :pillow: Otherwise they have an oddly catchy tune:
Better to ask Khoufu...

The fluffy ball creatures were popular in the late 80's. They weren't even really a toy, but some type of marketing scheme...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 06:38:03 AM »
Better to ask Khoufu...

The fluffy ball creatures were popular in the late 80's. They weren't even really a toy, but some type of marketing scheme...

Oh my gosh... I have never seen those things with the feet! The closest I can remember was longer and furrier without feet and blue. It was bought on a fairground or was a prize around halloween and I think it had been sold as a 'ghost' I had always wondered of who... It had an elastic hanger on it's head so you could better batter your friends with that fuzz like a yo-y0!

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »

Ok so I, uh, really like Popples. They're basical chaotic-neutral Care Bears with an pouch on their back that's a portal to an infinitely huge closet. They can also flip the pouch around and bounce around in it.

The 1986 show is adorable, and some of the toys are, too, though for some reason a lot of the plushies have uneven eyes and if they have ever been played with they look dingy.

Poor eye placement example (from etsy).

Thanks for the shoutout, Loreofyore.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:50:46 AM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 12:10:28 PM »

Ok so I, uh, really like Popples. They're basical chaotic-neutral Care Bears with an pouch on their back that's a portal to an infinitely huge closet. They can also flip the pouch around and bounce around in it.

The 1986 show is adorable, and some of the toys are, too, though for some reason a lot of the plushies have uneven eyes and if they have ever been played with they look dingy.

Poor eye placement example (from etsy).

Thanks for the shoutout, Loreofyore.
Thanks for explaining, & your "chaotic-neutral Care Bears" made me laugh... thanks for that!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal