collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question on contacting Basic Fun  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Question on contacting Basic Fun
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:47:14 AM »
I know many of us participated in the write-in campaign to Basic Fun for the celestial ponies, but I was wondering if anyone has contacted them about the mystery pony from the Midnight Castle special?  I was thinking of writing and telling them they could do a special limited edition run of the parlor with Mystery instead of Peachy.  I think many of you may agree that since Mystery is paired with Twinkles the cat in the special, that Mystery very well could have been the original pony intended for the parlor before Peachy came along.  They could save money on packaging.  They don't have to come up with anything new, just make a sticker with Mystery on it and slap it over Peachy with 2019 Special Limited Edition Collector's set on it.   

I may give it a try.  Nothing bad will happen other than a no reply.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question on contacting Basic Fun
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »
I know many of us participated in the write-in campaign to Basic Fun for the celestial ponies, but I was wondering if anyone has contacted them about the mystery pony from the Midnight Castle special?  I was thinking of writing and telling them they could do a special limited edition run of the parlor with Mystery instead of Peachy.  I think many of you may agree that since Mystery is paired with Twinkles the cat in the special, that Mystery very well could have been the original pony intended for the parlor before Peachy came along.  They could save money on packaging.  They don't have to come up with anything new, just make a sticker with Mystery on it and slap it over Peachy with 2019 Special Limited Edition Collector's set on it.   

I may give it a try.  Nothing bad will happen other than a no reply.

I contacted them asking for the mystery pony with an uncut release of the special.  I contacted through Facebook and the person I talked to seemed enthusiastic about it but I don’t know if they have any actual influence.  I also wrote in through snail mail.  I say go for it.  The more people they hear from the better.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 10:22:48 AM »
Huge apologies, but who is Mystery?

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 11:59:40 AM »
If you watch the original G1 tv special, Rescue at Midnight Castle, one of the background ponies is white with rainbow hair, a rainbow symbol, with Twinkles the cat riding on her back.  She was never made into a real G1 pony.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »
I don't like the movie so I didn't know about this pony! (<< Even with being on the arena for so long, I only remember her from someone's icon)

She would be a cool pony to see! Although I wonder if it's a good idea since it wouldn't be as nostalgic to some... Unless she played a big role?

If they do release her I'd rather it not be with the parlor as that would increase her price. :/

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 01:03:40 PM »
She was in the background of Rescue at Midnight Castle, not the movie.  :)  She's strictly a background pony (in crowd scenes, no lines).

I wonder if Basic Fun has ever considered a mail order program.  That would keep the costs down since MO toys usually come in baggies, no 'real' packaging.

Then again, the last mail order programs seem to have died in the 90s.  Maybe they aren't profitable anymore?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
She was in the background of Rescue at Midnight Castle, not the movie.  :)  She's strictly a background pony (in crowd scenes, no lines).

Ah whoops. As a kid it was all kind of the same to me. Was rentable on VHS -- so that's why I considered it a movie...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 05:09:45 PM »

Ah whoops. As a kid it was all kind of the same to me. Was rentable on VHS -- so that's why I considered it a movie...

I totally get that.  I was just the same way.  In fact, I considered RAMC the “real” movie and the Movie the lesser movie.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 09:28:23 PM »
Did we ever even get a reply from them about the Celestials?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 03:36:59 AM »
We were just talking on the veiwmaster thread about the possibility of there being an alternate Bowtie as well due to some funny slides...
I always liked 'rainbow haired cat pony' from the special... but mystery pony is easier to remember...
I used to wonder if she was supposed to be a mis-drawn confetti?

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 06:09:17 AM »
I mentioned her to them when I first wrote to them about pony releases and stuff back in spring but had no response on that subject, only on the subject of the existing planned lines. But their responses have been a bit patchy for me, and seem to be more coherent when dealing with American enquiries as they are more directly involved in that market.

No to mail orders as that immediately cuts out the international market, just as it did in the eighties and the nineties with Sea Breeze. MLP is for everyone, not just people in the US.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 09:24:21 AM »
Huge apologies, but who is Mystery?

Always a cat attached to her back and super cute!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »
I love Miss Mystery!!

It'd be wonderful if Basic Fun made her - can't say I'd want her to be in the Parlour (for one thing, I think I heard that's not getting released over here? So it'd be difficult for me UK peeps to get her! :P) but heck any release of her would be fantastic. Mail Order would be awesome, I guess that's not really a thing any more, though?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal