collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can't find Best Gift Ever for sale... did I imagine it?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Can't find Best Gift Ever for sale... did I imagine it?
« on: December 16, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »
-waves- Hey pony peeps! Been a while since I stopped by, and I'm here because I'm in hot water...  :lookround:

I swear when I was wandering around Christmas shopping last week, I thought I saw a dvd of the newest MLP Christmas special, Best Gift Ever? I passed it at the time because I was shopping for an office Christmas party, not for my family. But later on I realized it would be a great gift for my 4-year-old niece. So I asked her mom and she said she didn't own it and would love to watch it, so I said I would pick it up.

And now... I can't find it?  :( I tried Walmart, Best Buy, Target... Then I came home and tried Amazon.com and ebay. I did find a Region 2 dvd of it on Amazon, but I'm in the USA so that doesn't help.

I just don't get it... It's on Netflix, and it's perfectly in time for the holiday season. Why WOULDN'T it be for sale for people to buy for their kids?  :huh:

Has anyone else seen it for sale? Maybe I saw a different MLP dvd for sale and confused it for the newest special...  -_-
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Can't find Best Gift Ever for sale... did I imagine it?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 06:36:53 PM »
I saw someone buy it on Instagram for sure, but I'm not sure what country they're in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 06:39:11 PM »
Could it have been the MLP Holiday Hearts DVD? It’s got a picture of Rarity and Sweetie Belle exchanging presents on the cover.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
Could it have been the MLP Holiday Hearts DVD? It’s got a picture of Rarity and Sweetie Belle exchanging presents on the cover.

Ponyfan

I did see that one on Amazon when I just checked. I don't THINK that was it... but it could have been! My mind has been in an end-of-the-year whirl lately...

Does anyone know which episodes are on that dvd? The one with Rarity and Sweetie-belle? If it has some heartswarming eps I will buy that one as a backup. She's four, so I don't think she'll mind which episodes she gets, really. I would just prefer to get her the newest one since I know she hasn't seen it yet.

I've learned my lesson, don't tell anyone you want to get something unless you have it in hand!  :blush:

Edit: Aha, I found the episode list for that dvd via google. "Winter Wrap Up," "Castle Sweet Castle," "Hearthbreakers," "A Hearth's Warming Tail," and "Not Asking For Trouble." That will probably be sufficient for a christmas gift-type dvd. :) ...weird that they included Winter Wrap Up and not the original Hearth's Warming Eve episode... oh well. :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:05:17 PM by Dragonflitter »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 07:23:34 PM »
I agree it's a missed opportunity and if we're lucky we might get a DVD of the special next year, knowing how long it takes Shout Factory to release the newer episodes on compilation DVDs and season sets. :lol:

Shout Factory's non season set  MLP DVDs always seem to have a few random episodes that don't follow the main theme of the disc.

I'm glad you found a MLP DVD your niece will enjoy. :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 08:26:11 PM »
I thought this thread was going to be about the toys. Those I haven't seen anywhere near me.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Avasponies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 06:35:33 PM »
I thought this thread was going to be about the toys. Those I haven't seen anywhere near me.
I thought it was going to be too lol! The only set I've seen was the Cadance, Shining Armor, Flurry heart set at a Walmart.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 07:50:04 PM »
I haven’t seen any of the Best Gift Ever stuff.  It’s really mind boggling.  If you are going to release something “Christmas” themed it should have been in stores by Thanksgiving at the latest.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 07:45:33 PM »
I haven’t seen any of the Best Gift Ever stuff.  It’s really mind boggling.  If you are going to release something “Christmas” themed it should have been in stores by Thanksgiving at the latest.

I did find the "early reader" book at the bookstore, but that's it. I haven't seen any toys. The timing on all these products is definitely weird. I would have expected it all to be out on Thanksgiving for sure, yeah.

I'll bet Ponyfan is right and we'll get it on dvd next Christmas. :P

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Can\'t find Best Gift Ever for sale... did I imagine it?
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 08:09:54 AM »
I thought it was going to be too lol! The only set I've seen was the Cadance, Shining Armor, Flurry heart set at a Walmart.

I was able to get both brushable sets on Amazon for my wife for Christmas.

No sign of the DVD though

Post Merge: December 20, 2018, 08:11:47 AM

Spoke too soon.
The DVD is on Amazon- only through 3rd party sellers. But that means it exists somewhere for people to be buying it!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:11:47 AM by Prince_Sunbeam »
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 08:19:49 AM »
I thought the sets would be out for Christmas too. All of my stores are on the last of the movie toys or the School of Friendship toys. I haven’t even seen the School of Friendship playset in any store. 

Ponyfan

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 12:00:33 PM »
So far I've seen the Mane 6 set over at Fred Meyer, and the blindboxes at the Safeway I work at. Haven't seen anything at Walmart or Target yet, but it's been a while since I last checked the latter. So I haven't seen the Cadance and Shining Armor set anywhere yet.

It's a pain that both places I have seen things at so far are ones that overprice toys. I'd like to get this line since I love pearlized ponies, but I'd prefer to get them for MSRP price. :/

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
So far I've seen the Mane 6 set over at Fred Meyer, and the blindboxes at the Safeway I work at. Haven't seen anything at Walmart or Target yet, but it's been a while since I last checked the latter. So I haven't seen the Cadance and Shining Armor set anywhere yet.

It's a pain that both places I have seen things at so far are ones that overprice toys. I'd like to get this line since I love pearlized ponies, but I'd prefer to get them for MSRP price. :/

Exactly. I know they are on Amazon and if they don't show up in stores I can always get the sets from there but the blind boxes are overpriced there. I don't want to pay $5 for a single blind box pony just because Amazon needs to offset the free shipping. Plus I can't look for codes and/or at least make sure they are from the same case.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal