collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is the most expensive pony in the World?  (Read 7244 times)

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the most expensive pony in the World?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 03:48:40 AM »
takaras are indeed real, but there are fairly prolific fakies of the babies... i think they turned up in spain?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 05:42:09 AM »
takaras are indeed real, but there are fairly prolific fakies of the babies... i think they turned up in spain?

The ones made by Palau toys were sold in Spain.. they are made with a squishier plastic, and have poor paint jobs.

There's many makers of takara fakies-- and they've have shown up across the world, but palau toys and the lovely pets ones might be the only ones that showed up in packaging?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:50:32 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 06:58:29 AM »

The ones made by Palau toys were sold in Spain.. they are made with a squishier plastic, and have poor paint jobs.

There's many makers of takara fakies-- and they've have shown up across the world, but palau toys and the lovely pets ones might be the only ones that showed up in packaging?
yup, those were the ones i was thinking of... i've only seen packaging for those ones, so that might be the case... but im also not well versed in takara or their fakies :P

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 08:04:31 AM »
Yeah, the big Takara ponies are legit, but the babies.. there's more fakies of them than real ones! Real ones exist but they're rare as hen's teeth (rarer!). I think we've only found two legit babies so far?

Pony Philosopher says: Most expensive pony in the world is pony you cannot afford to buy.

(bows)

:silly:

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 11:54:57 PM »
That's cool that takara are legit!!!!

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Annichen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Soft Pony
  • G1 MLP 4 life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »
I'm not at all updated on this topic but I recall buying a lot of ponies from a friend for about $20 and found a NSS Cupcake in the bunch  :lol: I can still find the old forum thread about it if I search. Also we used to drool over Mimic back in the day..now it's pretty affordable  :blink:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2018, 08:26:28 AM »
I would imagine that a number of ponies sold for CRAZY money at one point and then their value came down... but most of those are Nirvana.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »
I would imagine that a number of ponies sold for CRAZY money at one point and then their value came down... but most of those are Nirvana.

In some cases the opposite, prices have gone up. Argentinian ponies used to be $20 a time MOC and greeks were also very cheap MOC in the early days. But not any more. On the flipside of that, Baby Applejack's first appearance on Ebay, she sold for $300 US, which in 1998ish was a lot of money. Now she's a lot less than that...

The market really fluctuates a lot.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2018, 12:42:04 PM »
How many g1 prototypes are known? That are confirmed to exist, not just from catalog pictures? I know of:
-BBE Sunlight
-Alt pose Sunnybunch
-Giant wax shy pose Bubbles
-Lavender My Pretty Pony
-That birthflower pony with purple hair, a yellow symbol and unpainted eyes
-The purple rainbow baby pony with pink, yellow, green and blue hair, and no symbol
-Collector pose Sundance (I know this one's controversial, but she looks real to me. Or was she proven fake? I haven't kept up)
-The painted U.K. school ponies
-The alt pose U.K. baby ponies

Any I'm missing?
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2018, 12:59:41 PM »

As far as these are concerned (Susie and Billie), it's my personal opinion they were production samples sent out to Hasbro places for promotional events or reasons, not necessarily what I would call a prototype. I feel this is true for some others that get called prototypes as well but, so as to prevent being pilloried for semantics, I'm only highlighting these because one of them is mine ;)

It's my personal opinion that although Susie very closely resembles the pony in the hasbro catalogue for 1992 or 1993, she's minutely different, suggesting there may be more than one originally. Billie also is thought to exist in duplicate though we can't be 100% sure. So they are more likely production samples and not prototypes.

In the case of both my Susie and Lady G's Billie, we acquired them in unnoticed lots for cheap prices many years ago. I know Susie was around $21 because at the time most people didn't realise she was a different pose - UK ponies were just getting known about online. Neither have ever been up for sale properly labelled so what kind of value they would fetch is impossible to know - but although I believe there to have been more of them, no others seem to survive. Just in my opinion Susie is too well made and perfected in the process to be a prototype. She is basically a ready-for-sale model only in a different pose.

The resin Baby Explorer and the painted ponies, also experimental ponies like BBE Sunlight would be proper prototypes to me.

Sundance's provenance has not really been 100% proven tbh. But the subject tends to be controversial as there are people who make cases in favour and against her authenticity.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
How many g1 prototypes are known? That are confirmed to exist, not just from catalog pictures? I know of:
-BBE Sunlight
-Alt pose Sunnybunch
-Lavender My Pretty Pony
-The purple rainbow baby pony with pink, yellow, green and blue hair, and no symbol
-Collector pose Sundance (I know this one's controversial, but she looks real to me. Or was she proven fake? I haven't kept up)

Any I'm missing?

I think someone has a Birthday pony prototype and there's Sunspot prototype too and on Ebay someone was selling last summer prototype teeny tiny ponies and a sparkle pony prototype. Mylittlewiki also has some collectors photo of a Cocoberry prototype. And wasn't there a baby Explorer prototype too? And I think someone on arena has a Takara prototype.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2018, 01:28:05 PM »
-BBE Sunlight
-Alt pose Sunnybunch
-Lavender My Pretty Pony

Any I'm missing?

I think someone has a Birthday pony prototype and there's Sunspot prototype too and on Ebay someone was selling last summer prototype teeny tiny ponies and a sparkle pony prototype. Mylittlewiki also has some collectors photo of a Cocoberry prototype. And wasn't there a baby Explorer prototype too? And I think someone on arena has a Takara prototype.

Thank you, this helps a lot!

Right, I forgot about Sunspot! And wooooow, that Coco Berry is GORGEOUS! Such a shame her official release was downgraded to generic pastel blue and fading pink :\

And I keep hearing about these teeny tiny and sparkle prototypes, but I've yet to see a picture of them, even when I went looking on eBay last summer shortly after they were purchased. I'd also love to see that Birthday Pony prototype if anyone has a picture  :lovey:
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »
i think the sparkle baby prototype is an unfinished one? and the prototype birthday pony is in catalogue scans on the wiki, maybe... i didn't know about the teeny tiny prototypes!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2018, 03:02:00 PM »
LadyMoondancer owns the Takara prototype, here's her thread about it:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,393350.0.html

(and if there's photos of any of these other protos floating around... post them! please! XD I recognize some of 'em but a lot of them are new to me, too!)

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2018, 03:27:59 PM »
-BBE Sunlight
-Alt pose Sunnybunch
-Lavender My Pretty Pony

Any I'm missing?

Thank you, this helps a lot!

Right, I forgot about Sunspot! And wooooow, that Coco Berry is GORGEOUS! Such a shame her official release was downgraded to generic pastel blue and fading pink :\

And I keep hearing about these teeny tiny and sparkle prototypes, but I've yet to see a picture of them, even when I went looking on eBay last summer shortly after they were purchased. I'd also love to see that Birthday Pony prototype if anyone has a picture  :lovey:

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Alternate_10th.JPG
I have no idea is she even confirmed real. I also found a screenshot of the glow n show prototype from my gallery:

Sorry for not cropping it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal