collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Architecture/Interior Design - Possible Career Advice?  (Read 748 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Architecture/Interior Design - Possible Career Advice?
« on: December 06, 2018, 01:09:41 AM »
I really need to get my life on track and have been wracking my brain for what kind of career I could explore based on my interests.
I enjoy building and decorating houses in Sims. I know that's not much to base an entire future career on, but I've been working the same basic retail job for the last two years and feel like a change. I've already got a Bachelor of Fine Arts, I saw some students studying interior design on the same University campus but I'll likely be doing a TAFE course, there is a joint course on Architecture and Interior Design that I think might be interesting.

Are there any Architects or Interior Designers who could tell me what their career is like? I've no idea what to even expect, if this is a job I could excel in... Or if it'd just end up being a huge waste of time/money. I need to find motivation to make big scary changes in my life.

PS. I didn't know of this was 100% a What's Your Problem kind of post but feel free to move it.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Architecture/Interior Design - Possible Career Advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:17:05 AM »
Are there any Architects or Interior Designers who could tell me what their career is like? I've no idea what to even expect, if this is a job I could excel in... Or if it'd just end up being a huge waste of time/money. I need to find motivation to make big scary changes in my life.

Do you like trends? Do you like flipping through magazines / pinterest for style inspiration? Do you have an eye for unique furniture?

I mean the thing I think of when I think of an interior designer is that they work with clients to make a room feel a certain aesthetic with staying in some sort of budget. So working with people, knowing trends, and shopping. But since I don't know much about the job -- I'm sure there could be more to it.

Why not challenge yourself. Why not rearrange your bedroom or your living area to look different. Maybe add 1-2 small pieces (A pillow, rug, or something like that-- could be something vintage, or found at a thrift store. Don't need to make it expensive.) to spice it up. If you enjoyed turning your space into something new, I'd say you'd like being an interior designer.

I think being a photo stylist is somewhat of a similar profession if you want to look into that too..
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:28:12 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Architecture/Interior Design - Possible Career Advice?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:57:53 AM »
Look up local interior designers and call them to ask for career advice. Tell them what you told us, and ask for advice on how to break into the field and how difficult it is to start a career. Not all of them will take time to talk to you, but some probably will. That's basically how I got started in my career. Good luck!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal