collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brown argie Blue Belle??!  (Read 3524 times)

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Brown argie Blue Belle??!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 08:38:39 AM »
thanks for patience ... anyhow I would agree that maybe it was a coffee or similar dye I think we can use kool-aid to repink the fading pink type hair

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sorry it's a bit fuzzy - hoping ya can see she was mostly a greyish pony before

Post Merge: December 07, 2018, 05:14:32 AM

she likes to hang with my other browns from macau and italy and all that ...would've loved if her blue/purple was a bit more stand out but I haven't tried to wash out or re-dye her mane or tail

Thank you so much! This is getting interesting. :o two Blue Belles in almost exactly the same body shade. Yours is clearly faded in atleast some aspects judging from the blue stars. Also interesting enough this ones hooves seem quite brown:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:10:23 AM by CinnamonOnions »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 02:25:15 PM »
If there's multiples like this, could be a batch of plastic that's aging badly.  If the degradation is light or oxygen driven, a pony that was standing on her hooves most of the time would have paler feet while one that wasn't would be a more even colour all over.  It's strange that it would affect the hair too, though.  Most interesting!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Alirka

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Open for customs and restoration commisions!
    • View Profile
    • Cuinpo Toy Design
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »
Thats just bad aging, ive fixed argie bluebelles in that condition a million times with hydrogen peroxide and sun and they turn to their normal blue color. Same with the hair its just aged. Argies are known for turning brown, I have a lickety split thats completely brown with yellow hair and it is just aged. Also if you open the pony up most probably it will be light blue on the inside.
Im open for commisions!

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 08:54:56 AM »
If there's multiples like this, could be a batch of plastic that's aging badly.  If the degradation is light or oxygen driven, a pony that was standing on her hooves most of the time would have paler feet while one that wasn't would be a more even colour all over.  It's strange that it would affect the hair too, though.  Most interesting!

Makes sense, yeah. The hair could be dyed though, the example I found had much more brown hair than the one Maycrestmom has.

Post Merge: December 09, 2018, 09:03:01 AM

Thats just bad aging, ive fixed argie bluebelles in that condition a million times with hydrogen peroxide and sun and they turn to their normal blue color. Same with the hair its just aged. Argies are known for turning brown, I have a lickety split thats completely brown with yellow hair and it is just aged. Also if you open the pony up most probably it will be light blue on the inside.

Well that's new information. :shocked: Nirvanas are all so unique, there's so much to learn of each countrys variants. I know piggie Blue Belles often fade from blue to grey, that italian pink ponies turn to white easily and mexican pink ponies apparently can get extreme yellowing, but this was new. Thank you for the information! Though I disagree on the last sentence, with discoloration extreme enough to affect inner legs and hooves, the insides probably are a mix of brown and blue.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:03:25 AM by CinnamonOnions »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »

That is so helpful thank you for posting.

I now wonder if Argie tan Lofty is really tan or discoloured?

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Alirka

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Open for customs and restoration commisions!
    • View Profile
    • Cuinpo Toy Design
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 08:04:22 AM »

That is so helpful thank you for posting.

I now wonder if Argie tan Lofty is really tan or discoloured?

Love pkw xxx

Same as for cp lickety and cp shady, lofty also has a similar color base, with the difference that lickety and shady both have fading pink hair which turns yellow, so those 3 all can turn to brown, here is a pic of my argie cps licketys with "brown lickety", this is the same pony thats listed on the wiki, Im the one who provided the pic.

Also for the record even though lickety is extremely brown, it still retains its original color on the inside, not the hair though, hair is yellow all over with no signs of pink.

Im open for commisions!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »
wow did not know this thanks for the insight on this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal