Pony Talk > Introductions

Hello from a new-ish collector!

(1/2) > >>

DanaElizabeth:
Hi! I'm Dana, a 39 year old military wife + mama. We just moved to CA from NC, and I'm originally from VA. You may know me as Life Is Sweet Vintage around the Internet. I'm a lifelong Strawberry Shortcake collector (80s only) and an MLP fan (G1 only). I had both as a child... and along with Barbie, they were my top three favorite toy lines.

I've collected MLP off and on, but I never kept an actual collection around until I started buying about a month ago. I'm only now starting to get serious about learning, researching, etc. I think I have 50+ ponies already. My main goal is to recreate my childhood collection plus any that I wanted but didn't get (like Megan & Sundance). I only had between 30-40 ponies, so I've already surpassed the number but I still need 9 that I used to have. I had So Soft Bangles and Taffy, so it could be a while! I also had Locket and Tex... they seem to be rare, too.

The reason I want my childhood ponies back is because I gave them to my sisters when I was 13 - fully expecting them to cherish them like I did. They were destroyed along with my Barbies and other toys. I have always had so much sadness over it!

I'm admittedly a mint condition collector.. there is something fascinating to me about a toy that's so old but so new-looking. Having items that are preserved so well makes me feel like the 80s aren't so long ago.. like the era is still alive. I adore the original stickers and ribbons! I am obsessed with them!

I am glad to be able to join a group because I have so many questions and a lot to learn.

amanda34:
Hello, glad you have joined the MLP Arena, I'm new to the site too!
What a shame about your old ponies and Barbie being destroyed. It is always a shame when that happens, I too
gave a much cherished hand knitted doll to my cousians, only to learn that she'd gone to the dump!

I collect G1 ponies, and G3's but have all the other date rangers too! they are so very addictive! :biggrin:
 Good luck wtih finding your Ponies :biggrin:

Safflower:
Hi, welcome to the Arena! It's nice to meet you :)

I'm sorry your childhood collection was destroyed, I hope you can get them back and rebuild. You can check out our sales section if you want :)

Good luck rebuilding! I'll see you around :D

DanaElizabeth:
Thank you guys :) I'll go check out the sale section and other stuff if I've been approved now :)

achab1984:
Welcome to the arena! I am sorry to hear that happen to your childhood toys! I also wish it was the good old days again somedays!

Guess that is why we collect these wonderful little colorful ponies! They make up happy and feel like a child again! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version