collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you get shocked by thing people say  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Do you get shocked by thing people say
« on: November 30, 2018, 05:32:02 AM »
Do you get shocked by things people say about ponies?

I was on social media, and a fellow pony collector posted a picture of moondancer with a purple tail. The collector wanted opinions of others on if she was a factory error or have some other story. After some digging it really came down to a tail switch. It happens tails fall out with some kids play...

...but a fellow collector said this about moondancer.
You have a plain old common seen every where boring moondancer...

I was like ... how dare you say something like that to moondancer. Poor moondancer had gear such a statement...poor thing.

I was about to come to moondancers defense and then realized that would be quite silly to converse about the feelings of ponies on social media.

Haha this was meant to be funny. If you have said or someone you love said something like this, I still respect you and by no means wrong or rude with your comments.

Now I would be silly if I battled the defence of moondancer...hahaha
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Do you get shocked by thing people say
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 05:48:52 AM »
When I was looking for MO purple Ember I found one on Ebay that looked pretty nice and sent a polite message to the seller asking if there were flaws that weren't visible in the pictures. I got a rude message in return where the seller said "It's an old toy! Of course it's going to be dirty!" I decided not to buy their Baby Ember and eventually found one somewhere else but I never forgot that message.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 06:38:02 AM »
Hmm generally I don't come across mean comments about ponies as long as I stay away from certain communities 🙄

That comment you saw is indeed mean spirited and most importantly unnecessary. Would it have been harder for that person to write "As far as I can tell it's a common Moondancer"? No it takes the same or less effort/time. So what benefit does that person get from going out of her way to be mean about this Moondancer then is the question.

This is basically par for the course in any social media comment section. Unnecessarily aggressive and mean comments. Comment sections have given people the idea that all opinions should be expressed, and if it's written online it doesn't really effect life outside of the internet.

Commenting systems have really given a platform to people who in the past wouldn't have had a way to show their negative characteristics to such a large audience. And also some are over the top mean just to draw attention from the main subject onto themselves.

Basically if I want to have a nice day I can't read comment sections on most things anymore
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:40:17 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:41:42 AM »
It's hard to read someone's tone in text over the Internet.  I don't think the comment was mean spirited, it was just stating that it was an ordinary store release Moondancer.  And they are allowed to think that her design is boring.  :-p  I certainly would agree with them.

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 11:57:32 AM »
Seen everywhere except the UK ;) that would be my response.

I don't really think about it quite like that, although I think it's a bit harsh and offhand to the person who asked the question. I mean, they asked a valid question and they didn't know the answer, they don't need to be stamped on because of it..?

I found my Moondancer at a carboot sale actually. She's the only Moondancer I ever saw in the wild here in 30+ years. She had no tail and a rubbed symbol. She's definitely the same common boring old Moondancer. And I grabbed her up immediately because I was overjoyed to have found her after so long looking.

Common and boring is relative. I do notice that people tend to be dismissive of the early year 2 and 3 unicorns and pegasus ponies as common or bait or worthless when most of them I had to get from overseas and all of them I value hugely because of that. So it's not that it offends me exactly, but I think its sad that they're taken for granted by people who had them as not special and precious. It's like, if you don't value them, send them all to me...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 12:08:16 PM »
I agree!!! I will take your unwanted:) I still laughed that I almost started a confrontation....I almost typed "how dare you say that about moondancer" but realized it would just be silly:p

Love how one comes to the defense of ponies.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 02:07:34 AM »
Seen everywhere except the UK ;) that would be my response...

I thought the same :lol:. I had to buy mine from America!

Sometimes when I'm reading the POTD thread and lots of people don't particularly like the pony, I think 'aw, poor pony!' Because obviously vinyl ponies have feelings! :lol: I have also been known to cover my ponies' ears if I want to talk about their flaws/baitiness; possibly there is no hope for me!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 05:19:56 AM »
I once saw a post on an app from someone saying they has found a rare Baby Moondancer, while the pictures they posted showed a common Baby Moondancer with a slightly faded glitter symbol.  Their reason for believing this? Her symbol was lighter than the images they say online. I politely commented that the pony wasn't a rare variant and just had a faded or rubbed symbol, or even a case of batch variation. They proceeded to get rude and ugly with me, and no matter how much proof I shoved at them that their pony wasn't rare, they were so convinced they had a rare pony that they dismissed it all. I ended up simply blocking them.
But then I joked on Tumblr about what just happened, and they must've found my blog because they sent me anonymous messages (which have to be answered publicly) trying to shame me. I answered politely again but this time I had others to back me up and say that again, their pony was common. I turned off anonymous messages and everything stopped. Guess they didn't wanna make themselves known on Tumblr.
And this whole time I just wanted to give them a heads up that the pony they had wasn't what they thought it was so they didn't go around making others believe the same thing.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
Oh man that stinks. I would be heart broken if I thought I had a rare pony and then...nope...but I would feel worse if I sold a non rare pony as rare.

I do talk to my ponies in the positive...even buzzy splotchy bait ponies get the you will be super cute someday:) haha so funny how ponies become more to some of us:)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 04:16:50 PM »
Seen everywhere except the UK ;) that would be my response.

I don't really think about it quite like that, although I think it's a bit harsh and offhand to the person who asked the question. I mean, they asked a valid question and they didn't know the answer, they don't need to be stamped on because of it..?

I found my Moondancer at a carboot sale actually. She's the only Moondancer I ever saw in the wild here in 30+ years. She had no tail and a rubbed symbol. She's definitely the same common boring old Moondancer. And I grabbed her up immediately because I was overjoyed to have found her after so long looking.

Common and boring is relative. I do notice that people tend to be dismissive of the early year 2 and 3 unicorns and pegasus ponies as common or bait or worthless when most of them I had to get from overseas and all of them I value hugely because of that. So it's not that it offends me exactly, but I think its sad that they're taken for granted by people who had them as not special and precious. It's like, if you don't value them, send them all to me...

Completely agree with all of this!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »
I once saw a post on an app from someone saying they has found a rare Baby Moondancer, while the pictures they posted showed a common Baby Moondancer with a slightly faded glitter symbol.  Their reason for believing this? Her symbol was lighter than the images they say online. I politely commented that the pony wasn't a rare variant and just had a faded or rubbed symbol, or even a case of batch variation. They proceeded to get rude and ugly with me, and no matter how much proof I shoved at them that their pony wasn't rare, they were so convinced they had a rare pony that they dismissed it all. I ended up simply blocking them.
But then I joked on Tumblr about what just happened, and they must've found my blog because they sent me anonymous messages (which have to be answered publicly) trying to shame me. I answered politely again but this time I had others to back me up and say that again, their pony was common. I turned off anonymous messages and everything stopped. Guess they didn't wanna make themselves known on Tumblr.
And this whole time I just wanted to give them a heads up that the pony they had wasn't what they thought it was so they didn't go around making others believe the same thing.

WOW! That is just crazy that they went after you like that! Some people sure do have issues!

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 07:55:09 PM »
If this person is so bored of seeing Moondancer I'd suggest they try to find one in Russia for less than 50$ xD

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 10:53:29 AM »
For a little while I had a MLP photo webcomic. One flame post on the content of the comic as a whole came complete with an enraged tirade on my "terrible" job of re-pinking my NSS Wind Whistler. XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »
If this person is so bored of seeing Moondancer I'd suggest they try to find one in Russia for less than 50$ xD

In Russia pony buys you!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 12:02:39 PM »
I went to a Transformers meet up and one of the guys there, it turned out, was into MLP FIM.  So I said something like, "Oh cool, I love My Little Pony!  Though I'm mostly into G1."

And he said:  "Aren't those the ones that are really bad?"

WTF??  Like, it wasn't the fact that he didn't like G1 that annoyed me;  different strokes for different folks and all that. 

No, it was the fact that he said that right after I specifically said I liked G1.  RUDE.  Man, I hate the Bayverse Transformers movies but when a (different) guy at the TF meetup was showing me his original character designs for the Bayverse, I said "Wow, cool! You did a good job, they look like they'd fit right in the movies", because I'm not a douchebag.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal