collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I have......A Problem......  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
I have......A Problem......
« on: November 30, 2018, 01:07:47 AM »
I have....A PROBLEM.... :devious:
I'm started of as a G1 colllector....But....
Now I'm seeing more and more G3 ponies here on the forum...they REALLY grow more & MORE to me..... :yikes:

I *collected* a big bunch of G3 ponies because I bought in the beginning of my G1 collection bigger lots with ponies, and there where sometimes G3 mixed with G1....but my plan was to sell those G3's.....but...you already could guess....that never happened!!!
This summer I could buy a big lot of MIB G3's for just a few euro...and I was planning to sell them because I could make a decent profit out of them....but...
I just can't do it!!!! :sad:

I'm the only Pony with this Problem???  :redface:

Love & Light X Lady Arachnia
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: I have......A Problem......
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 03:02:25 AM »
I have a similar problem! Although I did get around to selling the bulk of my g3 collection :sad: . I adore g3s, and want all my sold ones back, and lots more xD

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:33:32 AM »
Lol, you've been bitten by the G3 bug :P There are some really cool ones out there and they're still very collectable.

Offline scifipony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 09:30:35 AM »
Lol, I have the opposite problem. I basically only collect G3 ponies (with the occasional G4) and I didn't even like G1s when I first got into ponies. Then I started seeing some G1s pop up here on the forum and thought "oh, that one's actually pretty cute..." and before I knew it I was buying some from ebay. Now I have a bunch of G1 ponies sitting around the house and I just can't seem to convince myself to sell them or trade them for G3s. And now the G2's are starting to look cute, too....  :blush:

Why do ponies have to be so addicting?!  >_<

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »
I am the opposite...I used to collect some G3's, then I sold them about 5 years back. My only regret is that I should have hung on to them for longer to make more profit on them XD I really don't have any desire to collect G3's...or any other gen apart from G1!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 03:45:30 PM »
The G3s really grew on me. Here are my favourites, often due to really interesting or just basic charming colour combinations and graphics: March Daffodil, Sparklesnap, Toboggan, Merriweather, Minty, Apple Spice, Shell Belle, Twilight Twinkle, June Blossom, Misty Blue, Fluttershy, Denim Blue, Wysteria, Forsythia, Sunshimmer, Wishawhirl, Twinkle Twirl, Crystal Lake, Shenanigans,  Juniper Jade, Peri Winkle, Sapphire Shores, Winter Berry, Blue Mist, Star Beam, Brights Brightly, Whistle Wishes. I have one or two babies but I'd like 6. I'm tempted to start working on them a bit more now. I also need to work out which few Pegasus ponies to go after in G3, I've never got on top of that one iether.

They are so so pretty, I'm not a big fan of the G3 ponyverse having never watched the cartoons, so I decided to collect ponies only from G3 unless things came in lots. I have given them all alternative ribbons and many of them have a LPS toy as a friend on display.

I think I found some in a charity shop and couldn't quite bare to part with them. So anyway I don't see myself as a 'real' G3 collector, I just give a home to some ponies who have lost all thier accessories :-)

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 05:07:43 PM »
In box G3's are really nice. The artwork is cute and bright. You're lucky to have found some at a reasonable price. I'm a G1 collector primarly, but do allow a select few G 3's in. Beachbelle and Caribbean Delight are my favorites. It's ok to fall in love with a different generation. Each one is unique in it's look.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »
I have a similar problem. I don't actively collect G3's but I have a bunch from my daughter and niece that they outgrew and I've gotten tons from thrift stores that were in bags with G1's. I can't seem to get rid of any. I keep them in case I decide to collect them one day, lol! I collect G1 actively and have a G4 collection and I just think that one day I might want to collect other gens so now I hold onto all the G3's and G2's that I come across.

Offline amanda34

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 11:06:57 AM »
Hello, re i have a problem, me too!! I keep saying to myself I must only collect the G1's now due to lack of space, but then i spot a G3 or G2 or G4 in a charity shop and no matter how hard i try to walk on past i just can't! and yes, the little girly comes home with me.  I just love them all too much!

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 11:52:01 AM »
I"ve got a similar problem. I started off collecting G4 ponies around 2011, when the G4 craze really started taking off. Couple years later I found two dozen G3's at a thrift store (And a tail-less G1 Cotton Candy). Currently have nearly 30 G1's and around 75 G3's, and it's only growing from there.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
I was supposed to collect only G1 too but. I quess that I can allow myself to use space for one Rainbow Princess Castle and around 30 G3s..  :blush:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 10:12:15 AM »
I'm really not surprised; the G3s are unbelievable beautiful in my opinion (I literally nickname it "The Beautiful Generation"), so I see why they'd draw you in.  I personally feel that G1 and G3 have the best toys out of them all.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »
I have some G3 ponies but they are all NIB anymore. They still bring me a lot of good memories of my daughter growing up!

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »
That's so funny. I was the exact opposite. I tried and tried to like G3 (or any of the gens besides G1) and even purchased a few hoping they'd grow on me, but I just can't do it. They aren't sentimental, and they aren't aesthetically pleasing at all. I always love the shy, calm little smiles of G1s. G2s were...OK I guess. They just weren't my style, but I didn't think they were terrible or anything.G3s just look like they're a Bratz ripoff (I think it's the eyes) and G4 ponies are just so bland. They look like every other cartoon on television and the toys aren't really appealing. They remind me of McDonald's happy meal toys. Just hard plastic and cheap hair.

But I think I do appreciate the newer gens just because it keeps the community growing!

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 02:23:14 AM »
Hi EveryPony!!!

It's just so FUN to read how y'all think about this *Problem* with the different generations Ponies there are!
This is my list how I personally think about each generation:

G1: These are the ULTIMATE Pony Generation for me!
G2: First I was, when they came out in the shops here in NL, *Yayy Ponies in stores!!!* And because I was still living at home and had a job so enough money to spend...I spend a LOT on MOC/MIB  G2....But when I decided then I wanted to collect MLP and found info online about G3 coming soon, and because G1 where fairly *cheap* in those times I bought them in bigger lots so my collection expanded fairly quickly!
G3: When those came out I decided that I got a couple of them, but not to collect them, and looking back on my still MOC/MIB G2's and sold a couple of them to buy G1...because...I found them more looking like Lhama's or Donkey's then Ponies!!!

Then there came a time of a couple of years I had boxed up my collection and put them in the basement and didn't do anything MLP anymore...I even was thinking about making pictures of them and going to sell them because I did go trough a very rough time in my life finance wise (this due to having a partner who was addicted to gambling...he trow away our whole income for a month and not once but sometimes month after month...so we ended up in debts)
But...when I was making them pretty for the pictures...I...just...couldn't...!!!
I sat on the floor with my precious G1 ponies and kept on crying, I just could not put them up for sale... Not for the sake of having money so my ex could go taking and trow away at gambling!!! So I cleared out space and put them on display again! And since then I'm back to collecting!

G3.5: I did buy a couple of them, but they looked so goofy, I sold them to a friend with no remorse!
G4: In the beginning I thought...I buy a couple of them, only when I find one I really...really like! And a little bit of the fun again to buy a pony in the shop!
But even those are growing and growing more to me! I even have a small army of  Rarity!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal