collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A Much Needed Vent  (Read 1511 times)

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
A Much Needed Vent
« on: November 25, 2018, 01:50:17 PM »
Note: This post isn't meant to downplay the reasons why CP is striking, I just wanted to post my petty materialistic rant to get it off my chest. Also, if this post is against the rules feel free to remove it... ^^;

So, Canada Post is having another strike. Normally this wouldn't upset me, but there's three things that just leave me seething about this one, aside from the timing.

1: Friend has a Christmas parcel ready to go, but can't send it because international mail's essentially halted due to the strike. I also have theirs ready, but same issue. Domestic mail is still running, but is very slow and unreliable atm. We're both very frustrated that we probably won't get to send off our Christmas parcels (safely) until maybe February due to the huge mail backlog that CP will have after the strike ends.

2: I've been trying to buy a certain game The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon for PS3 for years. When I finally find the game at decent prices (around $50-$60 CDN), I can't actually buy it because of the mail strike. I'm afraid to even buy the ones from Canada because it's got a high chance of being damaged or lost. I've read recent posts of people getting domestic mail that looked like Ace Ventura got his hands on it. I bet once it's over I won't find any used copies for under $80 for another year or more. AUGH!!

3: This one hurts the most. A friend of mine works at Amvets (thrift store), and recently several pony donations came in. She got over 20 ponies for me for less than $10 as a Christmas gift, including some fakies, some G3's, a Baby Leaper, and a bunch of G2s which I've never even seen in person before due to how unpopular they were in my area. I guess the silver lining to this one is that there's always a chance she can snap up more ponies by the time the strike is over, but this one just stings, man. I would've loved to get a big box of ponies for Christmas!

I'm just a bit bummed out, man.

Bonus: Some pics of the first lot from my friend. There's a 2nd one that she hasn't had time to take pics of yet
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The G4 toys in the fakie bag are not part of my gift, as I don't collect them.

I dunno who that hat belongs to, but it looks adorable on Baby Leaper. My friend thought he was a fakie, that's why he's with the fakies. lol, that's cute. ♥

A better look at Finger Paints and her braid job.

Dainty dove being acquainted with a cute doggo. There's 2 Dainty Doves according to her.
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: A Much Needed Vent
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
That really reeks!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 02:36:39 PM »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »
I feel ya!  I have a doll swap replacement box I need to send out (another forum! not this one) but not sure how to send it, as CanadaPost is the easiest most obvious answer. 

And I recently rewarded myself with another set completer for the manga collection but alas!  it is stuck somewhere in transit...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 03:20:26 PM »
I feel ya!  I have a doll swap replacement box I need to send out (another forum! not this one) but not sure how to send it, as CanadaPost is the easiest most obvious answer. 

And I recently rewarded myself with another set completer for the manga collection but alas!  it is stuck somewhere in transit...
Aw man, crossing my fingers for your manga stuff to make it!!

It's really unfortunate, tbh. I'm practically abstaining from Amazon and Ebay until the strike is over because half of what I want comes from the US and can't even come through right now. D:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 04:22:11 PM »
I can't even imagine the frustration x.x Seems like the Canada Postal Service goes on strike a lot and hate that it's inconveniencing you in such big ways.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 04:22:32 PM »
I feel you on this. I took part in the Halloween swap here at the arena, and I'm the only one who hasn't received their package yet due to the strike  :cloud:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »
I can't imagine how frustrating it is for everyone.. /especially/ those who might have something medical related in the mail, or sentimental. :(

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 05:23:13 PM »
Why are they doing this in the first place? Not getting paid enough? That is why most of them go on strike over pay! :(

Offline milko

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 08:09:54 PM »
Yeah it really is frustrating... I haven’t had any problems with local mail so far but it is a huge mess when it comes to international mail especially.
I hope you can at least have a nice Christmas in February  :(
It really feels like Canada’s whole postal system needs a lot of work, even without the strike it’s quite a bit slower than US mail, and almost always more than double the price even for small things.

Why are they doing this in the first place? Not getting paid enough? That is why most of them go on strike over pay! :(
I haven’t personally looked too much into it, but from what i’ve heard a lot of them are forced to work overtime and a lot of them get injuries from the amount of parcel mail they’ve been getting as of late with letter mail becoming less and less popular and apparently Canada Post is absolutely unprepared for it? Though I only heard this third person so not sure

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 09:38:05 PM »
     I’m not sure what the problem is exactly (probably pay, which I think they honestly deserve better pay and stuff for the work they do), but I just want this strike to end! It’s annoying, that’s for sure. I’m currently trying to purchase something here on the arena for my younger sister, but I don’t want to buy until this strike is over. We’ve had parcels lost, lost parcels turn up, etc,  so I want to make sure it gets here in one piece and before I become old and grey.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 12:03:50 AM »
The strike is driving me totally bonkers. A swap box I gifted is trapped in limbo, medical supplies I need are taking weeks instead of days to get here, and I am weary of buying my new Erin Condren LifePlanner and I need to do that *now* because their 30% off Black Friday sale is on. I don't drive and rely on Ebay and Amazon to do most of my shopping. Getting set up for the holidays is not going to be easy.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 07:47:01 PM »
I get the reasons why they're unhappy with their work situation but at the same time I feel it's unfair that those of us who don't work for Canada Post are being held hostage/used as bargaining chips.   The stike has been hard on folks with small businesses who depend on the mail to survive, especially during what is normally a busy season for sales.   It's also harder for folks who are disabled or otherwise aren't able to easily get around and depend on online shopping for a lot of needs.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 09:25:16 AM »
It is a total bummer.
I just finished up a trade with a lovely community member in Canada, I knew there was going to be a delay due to the strike so I put on my "big girl waits patiently pants." Mail has even been slow to go within state, what used to take 1-2 days now takes 3-4 at least!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal