collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 boys - problem of scale  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
G4 boys - problem of scale
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:50:37 AM »
So I'm not all that great with G4 ponies. Can someone please explain to me who the green boy is and why he's so much smaller? I thought it would be nice to add him to my small collection to make three but he's the wrong size. Also can anyone tell me whether there's a pearlised version of Cadence to go with this version of Shining Armour? Many thanks.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:59:33 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: G4 boys - problem of scale
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »
His name's Sandbar, and man I had no idea he was so tiny :O I guess usual Hasbro fail, or they decided to go for different heights for variety's sake?

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 10:01:05 AM »
Thank you he is lovely, he has turtles and also green! However, yes it does look like a bit of a fail. I was wondering whether he was a colt or something? But he is the same shape as the others, just smaller.

Edit: OK so I have answered my own question. Apparently he is a colt and will be Twilight Sparkle's student: https://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/pony/sandbar/
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:24:11 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »
Nope he's a real pony. He's new. You got the taobobo prototype one, instead of the ugly hair cut one.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 10:20:05 AM »
Aha, thank you! I guess that's OK. I'm not too fussy. I think a man-bun works for him :-) I'm quite pleased with my little colleciton now then. I noticed that Soarin originally came in the old mold, so I just bought the 'all about' version to match the other two big guys. I don't mind too much. I think the first version looks a bit odd to me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:23:01 AM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »
Aha, thank you! I guess that's OK. I'm not too fussy. I think a man-bun works for him :-)

He looks better with that long mane for sure. I'm gonna hafta get him rehaired when I get one. The official has the Songbird Serenade hairdo.  I don't know why he's smaller then the others.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
Aha, thank you! I guess that's OK. I'm not too fussy. I think a man-bun works for him :-)

He looks better with that long mane for sure. I'm gonna hafta get him rehaired when I get one. The official has the Songbird Serenade hairdo.  I don't know why he's smaller then the others.

I think I just found out why: https://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/pony/sandbar/

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »
ohhh so he's meant to be younger? That makes sense. I thought it was weird they'd make a new mold for seemingly no reason, haha.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »
He's just a smaller type of pony compared to Big Mac, who's a drafthorse. :)  Personally I like the variety.

What does the 'official" Sandbar look like?  Anyone have a picture?  I've seen the stock photo but I thought it was just a bad crop job that made him look like he has short hair.  (I got mine off Taobao.)

Edit:  The pictures on MLP Merch are stock photos btw.  I'm not yet convinced that he has short hair, but willing to be proven wrong, lol.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:25:57 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 11:28:28 AM »

I think I just found out why: https://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/pony/sandbar/

Oh.

Post Merge: November 25, 2018, 11:29:52 AM

He's just a smaller type of pony compared to Big Mac, who's a drafthorse. :)  Personally I like the variety.

What does the 'official" Sandbar look like?  Anyone have a picture?  I've seen the stock photo but I thought it was just a bad crop job that made him look like he has short hair.  (I got mine off Taobao.)

Edit:  The pictures on MLP Merch are stock photos btw.  I'm not yet convinced that he has short hair, but willing to be proven wrong, lol.

I looked up video reviews. Sadly its true. I too would love to be proven wrong. :s

I'd also love to see cross gen customs of him someday. He'd look so cute as a G2 or a Baby Brother.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:31:06 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 12:15:40 PM »
Oh, that's a shame . . . I agree he looks nicer with longer hair.  Well, the Taobao version is available on eBay for around $15 and free shipping.  Which is expensive for one pony BUT if he's the only pony you want from the set . . . I'll bet the Rainbow Dash / Sandbar set is at least $15.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »
Oh, that's a shame . . . I agree he looks nicer with longer hair.  Well, the Taobao version is available on eBay for around $15 and free shipping.  Which is expensive for one pony BUT if he's the only pony you want from the set . . . I'll bet the Rainbow Dash / Sandbar set is at least $15.

This was my thinking. I really do think the boys are a nice addition and I'm not too much of a fan of the re-boot molds, so I'm almost struggling to spend my money on new pony stuff at the moment  :shocked:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »
My guess is that Sandbar is smaller than Shining Armor because he's one of the students in the School of Friendship so naturally younger and not full grown yet.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »
Here's a real life pic of the Sandbar and Rainbow Dash set.

I had no idea that Sandbar was smaller than the other boys.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 02:47:34 PM »
oh geez, I was hoping the weird hair was just a stock photo issue D: Looks like I'll be getting a Taobao one then. I want to support more boy ponies, but that hair is just...  :razz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal