collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you love about the 35th anniversary ponies?  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
What do you love about the 35th anniversary ponies?
« on: November 23, 2018, 02:39:22 PM »
I love that G1 ponies are out in stores again. :lovey: I can’t put in to words how it felt when I saw the retro Pretty Parlor at Target. I love that the Rainbows come with stickers and all the ponies come with a brush/comb and matching tail ribbon.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What do you love about the 35th anniversary ponies?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »
I love that they're there too. Even though I have the ones I want now, it always makes me happy to walk in a store and see them on shelves. And also that each time I go it's different ones, which means they're selling.

I like the CP set better than the original CP set, too. I said that in the other thread but its more appropriate to this one. The colours are more vibrant and I really like that shade of pink on Snuzzle.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 04:06:21 PM »
That they're brand new and beautiful. I love the packaging and their gentle smiles and gorgeous hair. Its like getting a big dose of childhood. :good:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 05:06:55 PM »
I love to see kids without any nostalgia getting interested in them. And I love that the Pretty Parlor was only $20! These are very high quality considering what else is out today.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 05:09:40 PM »
I love to see kids without any nostalgia getting interested in them. And I love that the Pretty Parlor was only $20! These are very high quality considering what else is out today.

Definitely! I saw 2 little girls putting them in their mom's shopping cart today.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 05:21:51 PM »
I like how white the white ponies are.  They may not always stay that color but for now I get to enjoy it.  I don't remember my white ponies being white when I was little and I played with them so much that they probably didn't have the chance to stay white very long.

I also like how the CP set feels like they're heavier than the originals.  It's like they're weighted in the feet or something.  They have no problems standing up.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »
I like seeing them on the shelf, takes me right back to my childhood in a good way. How pretty they are, mine were cared for but played with a lot. Also, in the package, they look amazing. Something kid me aside from the back cards didn't appreciate.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 07:25:41 PM »
I love that they exist!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

As an adult, being able to afford which ever one (or all) takes my fancy, there-and-then, rather than having to wait for an adult to get them for me for a birthday or special treat or waiting weeks to save up pocket money!  :lol:

The clean, bright, quality look and feel of the ponies and packaging... at a reasonable price, too.

Going out and getting minty, perfect ponies instead of tired, grubby second-hand ones in the wild - it is a novel experience!

Scratching that nostalgia itch - now UK distributors, hurry up and bring wave 3 over, I want a pristine Glory and Moondancer!! 

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 09:06:26 PM »

That's probably one of my favourite aspects of the repros. The price. ;) Not just the price, but the quality you get for $10. A very nice pony with silky hair, a nice, firm box, a ribbon, and a comb/brush! G4s are thrown on the smallest card possible with no comb or anything. I know sone repros have issues but it seems relatively minimal compared to every G4 I've purchased with factory dirt, dried, tangled hair, messed up necks... messed up eyes sometimes (referring to fashion styles I've seen)...

$20 seems crazy for the Parlor, too. You get a nice-sized building, a pony taller than two inches with silky hair, a cat, and what, 4, 5 accessories? And that's not including the brush. The set with Rarity and Capper I bought this year was $16, four dollars less, and came with a mirror, a lantern, and Rarity's glasses and measuring tape. No comb. Same low quality for Rarity's hair, irremovable dirt, Capper's neck isn't painted... :huh: At least Rarity's eyes look alright. I hate Twilight's, and Cadence is absolutely inexcusable.

How does The Bridge Direct do all this and charge what they do?? :nerdy:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »

Scratching that nostalgia itch - now UK distributors, hurry up and bring wave 3 over, I want a pristine Glory and Moondancer!! 

Yes! And Medley! Bring Medley to the UK finally, pleeeease.. O.O
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 11:38:51 PM »
Does anyone know if these Ponies are available in The Netherlands?

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 02:10:13 AM »
I haven't found these ponies in the wild where I live, but I bought Peachy and her playset online. Even with postage from the US, she was an excellent price considering everything she comes with. I love having pristine accessories and hats that don't look like they've been sat on :lol: (life has not been kind to my second-hand hats). And the cat is adorable, I actually like that he's in a different mould from the original. Peachy is cute too, she feels different from real G1 ponies but is much higher quality than a lot of the G4 ponies available! Also, it was a fun experience unpackaging a G1-style pony (I've never been able to do that before!).

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 12:51:37 PM »
I haven't found these ponies in the wild where I live, but I bought Peachy and her playset online. Even with postage from the US, she was an excellent price considering everything she comes with. I love having pristine accessories and hats that don't look like they've been sat on :lol: (life has not been kind to my second-hand hats). And the cat is adorable, I actually like that he's in a different mould from the original. Peachy is cute too, she feels different from real G1 ponies but is much higher quality than a lot of the G4 ponies available! Also, it was a fun experience unpackaging a G1-style pony (I've never been able to do that before!).

Try Entertainer if you have one. Today seems to be the official release day for them with the CP set and if they've even made it to where my parents live, they're probably going to be all over :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »
I love their silky hair!  I'm especially fond of the rainbow hair.  So pretty.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »
We don't have anything but the rainbows where I live, but they're such nice quality! (except the discoloration) It's nice to buy "G1s" from the store!
Even though I don't like scents a lot, Moonstones raspberry is just mild and sweet enough, I love it. :")

Post Merge: November 24, 2018, 02:30:15 PM

Does anyone know if these Ponies are available in The Netherlands?

Rainbow set seems to be available all around Europe, there's probably atleast a dutch online retailer selling them!

Post Merge: November 24, 2018, 02:33:12 PM

In some european countries including Finland rainbow ponies alone cost more than that :bawl:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:33:12 PM by CinnamonOnions »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal