collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CGI Lion King teaser trailer!  (Read 17143 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: CGI Lion King teaser trailer!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 07:12:12 PM »
So Be Prepared is confirmed as not being in the film? Well, now I'm seriously done with it. Why remove one of the best villain songs in Disney history. They're hamstringing themselves when they should have just left it alone.

The stampeded scene at the time was considered cutting edge animated tech for Disney. They better bring it for this scene or they'll end up looking foolish. Again,don't fix what's not broken.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »
I've also changed the topic title, by the way :)

I was just being silly :P

As far as my opinion on the film goes - I love The Lion King, it's not my all time fav but it's close. I actually wouldn't mind a scene for scene remake with realistic graphics, but if there's content cut that's not cool.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 08:52:46 PM »
My concern with "live action remakes" isn't the fact that it's "not new" or that it's unnecessary (which tbf it's totally unnecessary), but the fact that it's... live-action. It encourages the mindset that no one is allowed to like cartoons, cartoons are only made for the entertainment of young children, and never as an art form; Sophisticated Movies™ can only be live-action, because cartoons are for babies.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
I mean, in a 'real' lion pride Simba wouldn't be being trained to be the next king, either . . . He'd get a talk like "Someday, Simba, I'll drive you away when you reach adolescence and become a threat to me."  :P  I've always thought complaints about Disney lions not acting like 'real' lions are pretty questionable.

I wasn't really complaining about them acting or otherwise like real lions, just pointing out the stupidity of the awkwardness with Kovu and Kiara so that they "aren't cousins" but the complete lack of awareness of a bigger issue with Nala and Simba. Although with that said, the artwork for the original LK was based a lot around real lions.

If I remember rightly, Lion King is based around the concept of Hamlet and LK2 was based around Romeo and Juliet. But as much as I hate R&J, Lion King II was always a better movie to me. Given that basis, though, it's practically impossible for lions to act as lions since they're responding to human stimuli and story.

Scar is a good villain but there was more bite in the sequel and Zera has an awesome song too which rivals Be Prepared on any level IMO.

Going a bit off topic now ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »
Most people who commented on the video on YouTube said they would boycott this film and not see it.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 04:32:25 AM »

If I remember rightly, Lion King is based around the concept of Hamlet

Kimba.. it was inspired by Kimba.

My thing is so far with realistic animals, they are stiff because they remove the exaggerated body/facial expressions. So non talking parts look amazing but the moment they talk .. it loses charm.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:36:37 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 05:50:35 AM »
I'm sad to hear about the lack of Be Prepared. It's definitely in my top 5 favorite Disney villain songs.

However, baby Simba looks totally precious. All self preservation gets thrown out the window and I just want to cuddle him! :heart:

I've only ever seen the original Lion King. Is the sequel worth seeing?

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 06:15:37 AM »

"Inspired" more like stolen.

I've only ever seen the original Lion King. Is the sequel worth seeing?

The sequel is fantastic!

Lion King 1 and a half, not so much (but it has its moments)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 06:49:38 AM »

"Inspired" more like stolen.

Lol, well I wasn't going to go there.

I made my comment since I feel like rather than "let's reimagine Hamlet with animals", it was oh look at this already existing story...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 07:16:32 AM »
It was based on Hamlet and Bambi.  The Lion King and Kimba do have some similarities due to the mythos that tends to be around lions and Africa (like:  'the good lions and bad hyenas hate each other', which goes back to Aesop's fables).

I thought The Lion King 2 was weak.  The idea that half the lionesses liked Scar's rule not only had no supporting evidence in the first film (because it's a blatant retcon) but it undermines the idea that Scar's getting more and more angry and unstable because people might fear him but they definitely don't LIKE him.  Also it's hard to have any sympathy for lionesses who thought Scar's rule was good and then sat around in a gorge eating termites . . . ?  Like, just because they were banned from the Pridelands doesn't mean they couldn't have walked the other direction and found somewhere to live that had grass and animals.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 07:20:13 AM »
What's with all the live action remakes recently? I've never met someone who's like "Disney movies are nice and all, but I'd like them a lot more if they weren't animated".
Anyway, I doubt I'll be watching this one. The CGI is too realistic, in an uncanny valley kind of way :yikes:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 11:04:21 AM »
My concern with "live action remakes" isn't the fact that it's "not new" or that it's unnecessary (which tbf it's totally unnecessary), but the fact that it's... live-action. It encourages the mindset that no one is allowed to like cartoons, cartoons are only made for the entertainment of young children, and never as an art form; Sophisticated Movies™ can only be live-action, because cartoons are for babies.

-nod- this, too. I hate how rare traditional animation is for theatrical films these days...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 12:24:52 PM »
I also enjoy the sequel. :) I've been wanting  to add "Love Will Find a Way" from the soundtrack to my Disney playlist but it's not in iTunes and wasn't included in the "Best of the Lion King album"   

I  do think Disney overcomplicated Kovu's backstory to make it clear that he's not a descendent of Scar but instead a young cub that Scar chose to become the next king.

If you add the "Lion Guard" and Kion in to the story it gets even more complicated. :lol:

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:46:57 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 12:57:44 PM »
I've also changed the topic title, by the way :)

I was just being silly :P
Nah, it's okay, believe it or not a lot of places have been asked not to call it live action anymore :P

I thought The Lion King 2 was weak.  The idea that half the lionesses liked Scar's rule not only had no supporting evidence in the first film (because it's a blatant retcon) but it undermines the idea that Scar's getting more and more angry and unstable because people might fear him but they definitely don't LIKE him.  Also it's hard to have any sympathy for lionesses who thought Scar's rule was good and then sat around in a gorge eating termites . . . ?  Like, just because they were banned from the Pridelands doesn't mean they couldn't have walked the other direction and found somewhere to live that had grass and animals.
I like the sequel, but I agree with what you said.
On the subject of retcons, it annoys me when people say that The Lion Guard is filled with plot holes and retcons, when Simba's Pride has more the last time I compared them.

If you add the "Lion Guard" and Kion in to the story it gets even more complicated. :lol:

Ponyfan
Ford Riley, the show's creator, has stated that Kion's absence will be explained in Season 3 of The Lion Guard, so that's one less bit of confusion there at least? (By the way, this album has both versions of Love Will Find a Way if that helps!)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2018, 03:32:50 PM »
Thanks Sora. :) I'm pretty behind on the Lion Guard but I look forward to seeing how Kion's absence is explained. It looks like that album isn't in the US iTunes store yet but I will keep checking to see if they add it. :)

I was looking around on YouTube and found these deleted scenes from Lion King 2. I'm putting them in a spoiler because it does give away some plot points if you've never seen the movie.

I wish they had left these scenes in. Also I've always thought it was interesting that when Kovu asked Simba to join his pride and Simba initially refused his request Kovu said "Am I to be blamed for a crime I didn't commit?" He knew how to get to Simba.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal