collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CGI Lion King teaser trailer!  (Read 17037 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
CGI Lion King teaser trailer!
« on: November 22, 2018, 03:53:52 PM »
It's finally up! Along with Detective Pikachu, I've been waiting for the trailer for what feels like forever.  :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbLXeGSDxg
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:35:35 PM by Sora »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Live action Lion King teaser trailer!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 04:47:52 PM »
I'd like to see if they add anything to the story, hopefully something with Nala and Scar like in the musical?
The CG looks pretty good! This is one I'm going to see for sure.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 05:42:09 PM »
I'd like to see if they add anything to the story, hopefully something with Nala and Scar like in the musical?
The CG looks pretty good! This is one I'm going to see for sure.
They revealed the voice cast a year ago, they're definitely adding new characters! I'd like to see what they add to the story. Seeing the Scar and Nala scene would be cool, it makes the story more serious and dire and it makes Nala's escape from the Pridelands make more sense other than to just "get help".

I think the CG does look good! Simba's very cute. I'd like to see them in action though, or at least talking. I didn't see the Jungle Book remake but Lion King has some very cartoony moments, I'd like to see how they translate the scenes. Namely "I Just Can't Wait to be King". I'm glad that song made it in but "Be Prepared" wasn't so lucky. I like "Be Prepared" a lot more than "Hakuna Matata", a bit of an unpopular opinion. :P Hopefully they give Scar a song regardless...

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »
Nope, it feels like a cash grab and could be a one for one retread of the animated film. Now if they bring in plot and music from the musical then perhaps. If they don't use Lebo M and Hans Zimmer for the music I'm seriously done with it.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 04:41:49 AM »
Only thing I'm interested in is the stampede scene, they could of added Be Prepared in but changed the animation of the hyenas marching. They could have Scar walking past the hyenas when they sing saluting Scar as he passes by them. #bringbackbeprepared

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:46 AM »
Can it be called live action if it's CGI..?

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 07:20:20 AM »
Meh. I'm tired of sequels and live action remakes... I want to see something new.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 07:34:25 AM »
It looks great from a technical perspective, but . . . why is it necessary?  The original cartoon is great, one of Disney's best . . . Why don't they remake their older films that NEED help, like The Black Cauldron (a book series I LOVED which they butchered and which flopped in the box office) or The Sword and the Stone?

I'm also bracing myself for them to "fix" a bunch of "problems" that weren't problems to anyone but nitpicky Youtube critics, like in live action Beauty & the Beast.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 09:19:55 AM »
Meh. I'm tired of sequels and live action remakes... I want to see something new.

This so much, please come up with something new, and taking that one song out is a nope for me.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
Re: CGI Lion King teaser trailer!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
I'm in the camp of why do we need a CGI version of Lion King when we have an amazing animated version (hint it's profits) I saw the live action beauty and the beast in theaters and left feeling so meh. I don't really want to see the same story in another format even if it's well done. I'd like something new!

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
I think it looks interesting so far but I also think Disney doesn’t need to remake every animated movie in to a live action remake. I enjoyed the live action Beauty and the Beast live action movie and Cinderella but wasn’t interested in Pete’s Dragon, The Jungle Book  and I’m not looking foward to the live action Dumbo.

I’m sad to hear “Be Prepared” isn’t going to be in the live action movie. It’s such an important song for Scar. I’ve always liked the film version of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” better than the pop/end credits version. I’d love to see more of Scar and Nala. It adds another depth to Scar besides “I killed my brother, got rid of Simba and took over the kingdom. “ 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »

Kind of agree with this.

Also, Hakuna Matata should be banned. One Christmas I worked in a toy shop where they played it on loop in my section all day. How to make someone go crazy...

I like the original Lion King but I feel like in places it has plot jumps or things get glossed over.  Is it terrible that as a kid (and now) I liked the sequel more? Although the sequel has all the fudging around to make Kovu not Scar's son so that he and Kiara are not cousins (despite the fact the only logical relationship of Nala and Simba is half-siblings because she's part of the same pride and male lions kill the cubs of foreign males when they take charge of a pride...but that's another matter...)

If this remake is going to add some substance to Nala's involvement then great - but I also think that maybe it would be better to do new stuff instead of constantly remaking our childhood over and over like they don't have new ideas any more...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:25:00 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
I mean, in a 'real' lion pride Simba wouldn't be being trained to be the next king, either . . . He'd get a talk like "Someday, Simba, I'll drive you away when you reach adolescence and become a threat to me."  :P  I've always thought complaints about Disney lions not acting like 'real' lions are pretty questionable.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 05:47:21 PM »
I've always loved Lion King - the sequel especially. I wasn't quite five when the sequel came out and it left a big impression on me when we first rented it. I'm actually really giddy after seeing the new teaser. I'm curious what twists they might have and how they're going to differentiate the lion designs since they're going for a more realistic look.  I didn't realize there was confirmation about songs that are included/absent... I don't follow a lot of movie news so I have no idea where that info is.  :P For CGI I think they did a decent job making it look real but also stylized... baby Simba is precious. That look of wonder in his eyes is very reminiscent of baby kittens I've seen in person.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 05:55:07 PM »
I think the real problem is that movies these days just don't make enough profit unless they're tied to an existing franchise or have gone viral on the net. There are so many books that I'd love to see made into a movie, but they never seem to get made because they don't go viral. And on the rare occasion that they do, it's littered with movie tropes not present in the books (the absence of which was typically the reason I liked the books in the first place), which sometimes harms them in the movie ratings.
That being said, Disney still do make a lot of new movies, like Coco, Moana, Zootopia, etc. They're just sorta milking the franchise right now, like what WB are doing with Harry Potter and just about every other company with a successful series out there :P

All this aside, I agree with the comments on Hakuna Matata. I don't hate the song, but I still feel like it's the weakest song in the original movie, and I don't think this will change my mind anytime soon. Now if only they would add Shadowlands...

I've also changed the topic title, by the way :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal