collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WHAT is going on with these crazy Argie prices?!  (Read 7785 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT is going on with these crazy Argie prices?!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 11:42:22 PM »
I do hope the prices stabilize or go down soon. I have half a dozen argies and Brazil ponies missing from my collection, but can't bear to pay the prices they are demanding on ebay now.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »
Noticed this too on the FB Nirvana groups, dropped jaw then had to change to depends for the last few months...

::grumbles:: Takes the fun out of collecting when prices inflate like that. Baits, give me baits, please!!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 10:24:42 AM »
Oh wow, that's not good. :crazy: I'm not really into nirvanas, but there's a certain blue Baby Moondancer on my wishlist... I really like some of the Argentina babies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 07:10:27 AM »
ok now I am officially on the - yeah crazy price - bandwagon after a baby sparkler sailed over a couple hundred not in great shape... (as I start to look over my buttons-crew and wonder if it is time to sell...)

I guess the good news is that there will now be more folks that will probably look to list and sell their argies if they aren't all just $10-$30ish MLP

dunno... seems there is definitely a bit of a roller coaster as to prices right now

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline farfallinaki

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Teacher,Collector of vtg toys & Jewelry Designer:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »
Bought from the same seller AGAIN.I was pretty sure he/she was gonna win this at huge price, as he won also many argies this week more than 10 i think!!

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 03:57:46 AM »
yeah I guess I am showing my bias in I would just prefer they were a member here since there did seem to be another Minty variant in that last go round = although I believe here already knows we have argies in 2 lash vs. 3 lash and fat vs. thin clovers and 7 vs. 8 varieties.  So it's just sometimes a shame as to the history keeping part ( I so appreciate Taffeta and crew that have done a bang up job on all the archiving and puzzling so we know as much as we do here with the nirvana forums.  I think it is so freakin' awesome we have found we have newly found gusty variants and all those moondancer variants and even the stencil oddballs from Argentina fairly well figured out... so yeah from the MLP-history geek standpoint I hope this latest price roller-coaster won't last too long (IMO somebody got ahold of a paypal "world mastercard"  account and is having a bit too much fun with digits but I digress...) and all our sharing and archiving here in the nirvana forums can still have the goal accomplished :-) when a new variant is discovered "in the wild" like that latest princess sundance

just my two cents

Post Merge: January 22, 2019, 05:33:12 AM

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:33:12 AM by maycrestmom »

Offline Cvoysey93

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 12:33:11 AM »
It’s the same buyer with most of them. The person bids extremely high on them which means a lot of other people can’t afford them. They also buy duplicates I’ve seen the same eBay name buy the same pony. It’s not fair to the rest of the collectors who just want to buy one and not pay stupid prices on them

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2019, 03:29:28 AM »
Ow, ugh. That's really lame :\ I just bought a Moonjumper. She was $50 but needs new wings and a partial rehair. I've had cheaper wingers previously, but eh... this was my setcompleter!

Offline farfallinaki

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Teacher,Collector of vtg toys & Jewelry Designer:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2019, 10:28:22 PM »
It’s the same buyer with most of them. The person bids extremely high on them which means a lot of other people can’t afford them. They also buy duplicates I’ve seen the same eBay name buy the same pony. It’s not fair to the rest of the collectors who just want to buy one and not pay stupid prices on them

I ve seen the person with the many duplicates that you say on facebook.. What can i say, i search different sites that sell ponies to be quick or lucky enough to buy before her..  :lol: :lol:

Offline Avasponies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2019, 08:48:30 PM »
Is this maybe starting to wind down? It seems like now people are just listing them at crazy BIN or starting prices, but they aren't necessarily selling? It's really disappointing because some of the Argies are super neat looking with their colors and I just got back into collecting so I'd love to have some! 15 years or so ago things weren't so global!!!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 02:56:55 PM »
I am so Leary of investing into an Nirvana now days, too much going on as far as restorations and it not being brought forward and I am not just talking Argie.  I purchased a Spanish TAF sugarberry from a member and when I pulled her out of storage, well the hair is faded so I know it's dolly hair even though I was assured there was not restoration done.  Soured on Collecting anything now days.  Wow Rela, so glad to see you back! :yippee:
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 06:08:01 AM »
I am so Leary of investing into an Nirvana now days, too much going on as far as restorations and it not being brought forward and I am not just talking Argie.  I purchased a Spanish TAF sugarberry from a member and when I pulled her out of storage, well the hair is faded so I know it's dolly hair even though I was assured there was not restoration done.  Soured on Collecting anything now days.  Wow Rela, so glad to see you back! :yippee:

*sneaks in to give shelti a hug*  good to see you around!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 06:58:34 AM »
lovesbabysquirmy right back at you :hug:  i am around  LOL, just in stealth mod usually.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »
Hi there!!!!! *hugs*
 You actually came up in conversation today on the Facebook nirvana page. I still have your rainbow MD. and theres one on ebay at the moment. We suspect shes a hybrid since there is white in her tail.
Do you remember where/how you obtained the one i have now?
💛
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 11:08:50 AM »
dang i feel so outta the loop I don't do FB  - I would chime in to agree to a hybrid possibility and i have a MOC baby arco that has the moonie green hair head/tail swap so it makes sense depending on how all that was manufactured back in the day.  One thing positive I will say about prices is that I am tempted to part with some of my really good argies to then be able to buy MLP I am after since ya'll know how that whole sell to buy nirvana deal goes :-)

glad to see ya'll still hangin' around the arena Rel :-) and Shelti :-) (I feel like a youngin' with less than a decade under my belt)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal