collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WHAT is going on with these crazy Argie prices?!  (Read 7788 times)

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
WHAT is going on with these crazy Argie prices?!
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
Hi All! Long time no see :-)
so on a whim I decided to look up Argentina ponies sold auctions on eBay… Totally shocked!! So many of them are $300 $400 $500 and even over $600!  :shocked: :shocked: :blink:
Needless to say I haven’t been on the pony scene in a minute… Can y’all update me as to how this trend happened?
Besos!
EDIT for examples:
$135 for baby CC (pink with white hair)
$120 for baby CC (pink with green/white hair)
$400 for glory with red hair
$300 for green helados
$400 for felicidades
$90 for CC
$500 for LS pink with purple hair CP
$110 for baby MD white with green hair
$500 & $310 for novia
$350 for minty
$670 for hearthhrob (pink with white hair )
$181 for purple disco
$125 baby gusty

none of these are in great condition either!!! Whats up with this?!
 Just as a comparison you can click on the link in my signature to see what prices were about five years ago
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:29:09 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: WHAT is going on with these crazy Argie prices?!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 12:51:10 PM »
Rel!!! Welcome back :hug:

Lack of supply and increased demand imho, as well as new people joining the community.

Prices have gone bananas, it's not just eBay or here now for buying and selling, there is a wide market on Facebook and Instagram, both of which have there own price idiosyncrasies  :blink:

I'm finding it really hard to keep up to dates with prices myself and price checking is quite difficult due to huge fluctuations  -_-

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 05:35:27 PM »
Holy cow.   :shocked:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 10:40:33 PM »

Lack of supply and increased demand imho, as well as new people joining the community.

Prices have gone bananas, it's not just eBay or here now for buying and selling, there is a wide market on Facebook and Instagram, both of which have there own price idiosyncrasies  :blink:

I'm finding it really hard to keep up to dates with prices myself and price checking is quite difficult due to huge fluctuations  -_-

Love pkw xxx
Thanks lady!! ^_^
 When you say prices are going bananas, do you mean across-the-board for all ponies? Or just nirvana? Or just Argentina?
 People sell Argentina ponies on Instagram?!
 I need to start following whoever they are 😆

Post Merge: November 19, 2018, 10:41:15 PM

Holy cow.   :shocked:
Right?!
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:08:10 AM »

Love pkw xxx
Thanks lady!! ^_^
 When you say prices are going bananas, do you mean across-the-board for all ponies? Or just nirvana? Or just Argentina?
 People sell Argentina ponies on Instagram?!
 I need to start following whoever they are 😆

I mostly deal with nirvana and that is were I have noticed it most. I do think other pony prices have been going bananas though, some have rocketed in value.

Yes! There are Argie collectors in Argentina on Instagram (and Facebook too). On Instagram, try searching  the Argie names for the sets/ponies in the hashtags ;)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »
How odd-  I guess it only takes a small handful of people who want the same thing to drive prices up.

I wonder if it is because it is much harder to buy through Mercadolivre/mercadolibre these days. (it used to be just a little challenging but now it is impossible unless you have a local address to register with)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 12:19:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure there are a few new collectors in South America with deep pockets. I'll wait for prices to stabilize.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Alirka

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Open for customs and restoration commisions!
    • View Profile
    • Cuinpo Toy Design
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 09:04:02 AM »
Im an Argentina collector and also a seller, have quite a few recurring customers and customers who buy throughout the year to have everything shipped before xmas.. I too was amazed at those prices, Ive never charged over 200 for an argie, maybe cause im picky and every single flaw make me lower the prices when I sell... so I would only sell really rare ones at high prices, none on that list are... what better example than baby cotton candy who should have fading pink hair, so in that listing you mentioned it has discolored hair and it went over 130.. i sold one with almost all of its hair still retaining its original pink for 50-60 a few weeks ago... which i consider the going price for one of the most common argie babies...
I feel like some people showed up recently in the community and everybody just went nuts about argies.. also most of those auctions have been won by the same person who seems really invested in having every single argie that pops up and leave nothing for the rest.
Im open for commisions!

Offline farfallinaki

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Teacher,Collector of vtg toys & Jewelry Designer:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 10:48:24 PM »
Im an Argentina collector and also a seller, have quite a few recurring customers and customers who buy throughout the year to have everything shipped before xmas.. I too was amazed at those prices, Ive never charged over 200 for an argie, maybe cause im picky and every single flaw make me lower the prices when I sell... so I would only sell really rare ones at high prices, none on that list are... what better example than baby cotton candy who should have fading pink hair, so in that listing you mentioned it has discolored hair and it went over 130.. i sold one with almost all of its hair still retaining its original pink for 50-60 a few weeks ago... which i consider the going price for one of the most common argie babies...
I feel like some people showed up recently in the community and everybody just went nuts about argies.. also most of those auctions have been won by the same person who seems really invested in having every single argie that pops up and leave nothing for the rest.

I agree exactly with what you said at your last lines..Almost all these auctions were won by the same person who buys every single argie-even if it has to raise his/her bids super high!-and other collectors can't have even one.. Sorry for that, but it seems very selfish to me..  :|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »
If they are a new collector eventually they will probably want to upgrade which will maybe benefit someone wanting to sell. Do you remember when someone turned up and started paying a lot of money to complete thier sticker collection? I guess this is like that... just wait for it to blow over.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Alirka

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Open for customs and restoration commisions!
    • View Profile
    • Cuinpo Toy Design
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 03:30:35 AM »

I agree exactly with what you said at your last lines..Almost all these auctions were won by the same person who buys every single argie-even if it has to raise his/her bids super high!-and other collectors can't have even one.. Sorry for that, but it seems very selfish to me..  :|

My thoughts exactly, I imagine if I would have kept every single argie that came to me for the past 11 years.... I find joy in helping other collectors get something they really want, same reason why I dont sell on Ebay, cause I wanna know who Im selling to, all my customers are gr8 people and became dear friends and I know they cherish every pony I send their way. Hoarding is indeed being selfish..I feel sorry for the person who has the need to own everything so nobody else has the chance to have something they want.
Im open for commisions!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+152)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 08:07:58 PM »

My thoughts exactly, I imagine if I would have kept every single argie that came to me for the past 11 years.... I find joy in helping other collectors get something they really want, same reason why I dont sell on Ebay, cause I wanna know who Im selling to, all my customers are gr8 people and became dear friends and I know they cherish every pony I send their way. Hoarding is indeed being selfish..I feel sorry for the person who has the need to own everything so nobody else has the chance to have something they want.

I have noticed this too....lots of same buyers...buying all of them...it's strange..lol

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 09:10:47 AM »
I was going to say as an outsider looking in, Argies are appealing to me because they seem like one of the most varied nirvana types...but if it's all one person? That's scummy.  :( Hopefully the prices will work themselves out, although if that person is trying to drive the market price up by sellling them at the same price they're buying them and making the market seem like that's the norm...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 12:20:13 PM »
nah I wasn't thinking it was all one person... honestly I don't find prices for argies insane for some of them that are really rare and sought after

yeah I thought $500 for a CP lickety was high but than  it's christmastime so I see a baby rainbow goes $160 on auction and then the BIN snags a $300 buyer - so maybe it is just the up and down of the season

argies IMO have always been  tough since condition varies so much sometimes

and don't even get me started about some of the oddballs that have been found

I do love the colores vivos :-) even though the price roller coaster can be frustrating

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »
I also have to agree with the prices of some of those ponies! Sometimes it takes the fun out of collecting. Wonder what will happen with there prices in 5 years?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal