collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hornets are Gone  (Read 1536 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Hornets are Gone
« on: November 15, 2018, 06:52:33 AM »
As of today, the last hornet (out of roughly 7 plus a queen) has been taken care of. My family and I aren't entirely sure how they got in but my mom believes they probably came from the basement. Even if they're not attacking, they're pretty scary to be with and the queen by comparison is HUGE. I had to keep my bathroom door and bedroom door closed until now. Thankfully at this time of year, they're not as healthy but they sure took a while to kick the bucket and weren't making it easy to get to them  (they were mostly residing on the 2nd story window where a big ladder would be needed). It was enough for me to purchase a hornet trap but they never fell for it this time (probably because they simply didn't have much left in them). Found the last one this morning already dead and that's the best kind of hornet. I'd rather have 1000 of those little pantry moths than even one of these guys.

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Hornets are Gone
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:10:49 AM »
Eeek glad they are gone. Wasps & Hornets freak me out.... I would leave the Country until they were gone if it happened to our house!  :lol:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
Oh, wow :(  Yeah they like to actually drill into the side of the house to try to get in and make nests.  We had issues awhile back but nothing like that.

The weather is changing.  Glad things are sorted

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »
Oh those are FUN to deal with!  :(  Egads, glad you managed to solve that problem...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
With wasps it depends on the kind of wasp, spider, mud daubers, and even some paper wasps are quite docile in temperament.  I have a few black and orange mud dauber wasps at work that will sit right on you, and sometimes fall asleep.  I also now and then bribe them out of the workplace back room with peach slices or fresh melon.  They know me by smell,  and seem to get a bit excited to see me.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »
Aggressiveness also depends on the season.  Unless it's yellowjackets, which always seem to be pissed off.  Can't stand those butt-holes.  Grats on the successful eviction!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 05:49:13 PM »
It felt surreal picking up a dead hornet to throw it away as it's not what you expect them to be. It was a bit comical when I found the first dead one upside down. Vacuum cleaners are your friend when dealing with them (unless they're the cord-free ones made by Dyson which even with nearly a full battery and nearly empty bin couldn't pick up a nearly dead hornet when had the nozzle right in front of it).

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 09:25:41 PM »
    Thank goodness they are gone! We’ve had wasp nests in our yard and (since my bedroom window is right next to a corner of the roof) in that corner of the roof, so I’d open my blinds and boom! Wasp. Thank god for those bug screens on our windows...
     I’m cool with a lot of bugs and crawly things. Spiders are to either be about ten feet away or behind glass if they are quite large (but we have no big spiders here). Wasps on the other hand...I would prefer if they didn’t hang around me, garbage bins or anywhere else. I would have burnt my house down if I were you, lol!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 04:43:32 PM »
Yay! Any type of bee is unwelcome in human domiciles. I'm glad you got rid of them quickly.

We have a pond in our backyard and fruit trees, bee haven. I like to think there's  an understandig, but they still knock the corner caps off of the siding (paper wasps)...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline StarSwirl05

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Re: Hornets are Gone **UPDATE**
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 03:45:58 PM »
*sigh* two more came into the house today, though thankfully my dad took care of one of them while my mom and I were gone. It feels like they're just lined up outside and waiting to come in. >_< We've had so many in the house that it doesn't really surprise me much anymore. I may try the hornet trap outside in spring next year to see if that works better.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal