collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did hasbro produce the second wave of glitter design?  (Read 2166 times)

Offline legodrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Did hasbro produce the second wave of glitter design?
« on: February 14, 2019, 10:30:27 AM »
I know I hate the repeats and the armies of the mane six, but my OCD insists on looking for the second wave of the Glitter design that was once announced by hasbro and showed in some Toy fair I guess.
This second wave was the missing mane six from the first wave (Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash with Cheerilee) all of them with the glittery designs on one side.
Also is it me or Hasbro has been releasing stuff on an even weirder fashion than it used to.
The newest two packs including Silverstream and Sandbar are nowhere to be found online, and in retail I have never found them.
The Guardians of Harmony style Cutie Mark crusaders are also nowhere to be found and are only overpriced on Ebay.
And lastly did any of you guys ever find a Captain Celaeno?
What is going on, I know this generation is in their last hours to live but why not widely release these last waves/product?
I hate to have incomplete collections   -_-
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:32:32 AM by legodrew »

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Did hasbro produce the second wave of glitter design?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 11:12:31 AM »
I've been having the same luck here. I have a friend who has a Cheerilee army, but the glitter Cheerilee has been impossible to find. Not on Amazon, the Hasbro Toy Shop or whatever never stocks anything... I don't think I've even seen them on eBay. I haven't seen or heard anyone find them on Taobao either.

I bit the bullet and bought Sandbar for $30 on Amazon because I couldn't find him and I have a focus on yellow ponies, so he was a must have. I had to buy Songbird Serenade too because no one stocked her, but luckily she was on sale. I think I saw someone found a Celaeno at a Ross or something on clearance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:30:35 PM »
All my local stores skipped the second wave of glittery ponies and went right to the normal Mane 6 in the plastic packaging. I found the packs with Silverstream and Sandbar at one of my local Targets a couple months back and got the Silverstream one, I don't remember if I've seen them at my Target trips since... still need Sandbar. I know a few people have found the GoH CMCs at Ross, I wasn't able to find them myself at my local one though. I think a few people in some states found Celaeno at their Walmarts, but the overwhelming majority of stores, including all my local ones, seemed to have skipped her. It's definitely very frustrating that G4 distribution has become so terrible lately. Beyond the ones you mentioned, I never found any Best Gift Ever ponies in normal stores like Walmart and Target, only the Mane 6 set at Fred Meyer (Kroger owned chain around here), and the blindboxes at the Safeway I work at (didn't find Shining Armor and Cadance anywhere).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
my stores NEVER got the glittery ones. I ordered some on amazon, but what's the difference in first and second wave?

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 02:35:45 PM »
my stores NEVER got the glittery ones. I ordered some on amazon, but what's the difference in first and second wave?

Different characters!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 03:16:45 PM »
All my local stores skipped the second wave of glittery ponies and went right to the normal Mane 6 in the plastic packaging. I found the packs with Silverstream and Sandbar at one of my local Targets a couple months back and got the Silverstream one, I don't remember if I've seen them at my Target trips since... still need Sandbar. I know a few people have found the GoH CMCs at Ross, I wasn't able to find them myself at my local one though. I think a few people in some states found Celaeno at their Walmarts, but the overwhelming majority of stores, including all my local ones, seemed to have skipped her. It's definitely very frustrating that G4 distribution has become so terrible lately. Beyond the ones you mentioned, I never found any Best Gift Ever ponies in normal stores like Walmart and Target, only the Mane 6 set at Fred Meyer (Kroger owned chain around here), and the blindboxes at the Safeway I work at (didn't find Shining Armor and Cadance anywhere).

I'm sure Hasbro would love to have everything available everywhere but unfortunately it's up to stores what gets carried. I can't help but think if TRU didn't go out of business most of this stuff would have at least appeared there. I'm probably going to have to get the Best Gift Ever packs from Amazon and I'm probably never getting the blind boxes because Amazon wanted $5 from the start for a $3 toy and now they want $9 which is triple.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 04:18:12 PM »
You can still find the first wave of glittery ponies on Target's website, but it does say "Not avaliable in stores" on it's listings. Perhaps once HasbroToyShop is done with maintenance they will list wave 2, but they are not currently on the eBay version so I am not very hopeful.
I was able to find Silverstream in person at Target and just bit the bullet and got Sandbar off Ali. It's nice to know there is some backup for those, but the GoH ponies look like a nightmare to get a hold of. I know I never saw Celaeno at my store.
I have had luck finding the pearly blind boxes on Aliexpress, I ordered one and it did take a month but it looks legit if someone is looking for them.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
You can still find the first wave of glittery ponies on Target's website, but it does say "Not avaliable in stores" on it's listings.

Someone and I discussed this in another thread. Just because Target's webpage says not available in stores-- doesn't actually mean they are not in some stores. (example. The rainbow retros are in a lot of stores but says not in stores online).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:52:48 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline legodrew

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »
If anyone spots any of the mentioned items please let me know 😬

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 11:03:59 AM »
Never seen the school of friendship, or the glitter ones. Hasbro sucks. Remind me why I put up with them again?   :nope:

Oh yeah. Poneez and Robawtz.  :facepalm:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline legodrew

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 08:59:47 PM »
It is looking more and more like they actually skipped the second wave of the glitter design ponies, to put out the re release of the regular repackaged mane six 😐 and now we are left with an incomplete set
Oh and they apparently don’t sell the MLP brand directly from hasbro, no more hasbrotoystore and hasbropulse doesn’t even bother😂

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 09:34:17 AM »
It is looking more and more like they actually skipped the second wave of the glitter design ponies, to put out the re release of the regular repackaged mane six 😐 and now we are left with an incomplete set
Oh and they apparently don’t sell the MLP brand directly from hasbro, no more hasbrotoystore and hasbropulse doesn’t even bother😂
  Very obvious they are trying to phase out the toy line
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal