collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mold? Age spots?  (Read 5095 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Mold? Age spots?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
Head removal, try a blowdryer to loosen the glue and soften the plastic. Flat head screwdriver nicely plies the head from body. Most ponies will have a small spot that will loosen up that you can work from. Harder bodied ponies plastic may permenently damage with the screwdriver method so be gentle! Throw a silica packet in her (the ones that are in shoe boxes...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline milko

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 11:47:31 PM »
Head removal, try a blowdryer to loosen the glue and soften the plastic. Flat head screwdriver nicely plies the head from body. Most ponies will have a small spot that will loosen up that you can work from. Harder bodied ponies plastic may permenently damage with the screwdriver method so be gentle! Throw a silica packet in her (the ones that are in shoe boxes...)

Thank you so much for the advice! The silica packet is a really good idea, do you think I should do that for all my older ponies, or just ones already showing signs of mold or spots?

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 05:35:08 AM »

Thank you so much for the advice! The silica packet is a really good idea, do you think I should do that for all my older ponies, or just ones already showing signs of mold or spots?
I'd stick with the ones that are showing plastic deterioration. Unfortunately plastic breakdown is inevitable. No need to rip off heads if a pony is looking good still.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal