collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: buyer that won auction now wants to cancel because they found cheaper one  (Read 9529 times)

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
Hello!

i hope you can help me a bit with this issue, specially becasue  im mad and dont want to take the bad choices

so i place this 3 different dolls for auction on ebay
i get contacted by a seller, they stay in constant comunication, asking for info, and help picking which one smell sweeter and stuff
ok

they win 2 of the auctions on the 27 and ask if ill be placing more for sale and if i combine shipping
i tell them that i could get more in a couple of days if they willing to wait, and ask what they are intersted in
they agree, and want to wait becasue they want combined shipping
on the 28 they won another auction and ask for an invoice as soon as posible that theyll pay the rest later, and so i do and get paid
i send them photos of the dolls ill be placing and never really confirm if they want them

on the 31 they ask if there is a flaw on of the dollies now that they inspected the photos, there is one minimal factory error, a tiny thread stuck on the skin
its minor but they paid well so i end buying a better one at a higher price than i bought the others to get it faster and to make them happy
send photos and they are pleased
at this point i have expended tons of time, answering questions, getting them what they want and helping as much as i can

here in my country due to holidays the post office didnt work on 1-2- 3 of november adn the 4 was sunday so i had no way to get them shipped

and just yesterday it occurs to them to ask how long does shipping take from a parcel to go from Mexico to UK
(and yes, they had been told before that i was in Mexico) i ask them if they would like to get a faster shipping method

and out of the blue they tell me "  would like to cancel this order. I paid over a week ago and I wanted it shipped sooner " and "I have purchased it from amazon for 2 day shipping."

excuse me? they wanted to wait and see what else i placed for sale, and then solve the problem with the "flawed" and the other days there was nothing i could do about it, to me it seems they just found it cheaper or something and got regrets and are now wanting to blame it on me

i was thinking on reminding them that i was the one waiting for their instructions on the very first place as they seemed extremely picky

oh! and they want me to cancel the transaction, isnt it supposed to be them the ones asking for the cancelation through ebay? otherwise if i do it from my side i think ill get some troubles with ebay? also that we they can leave feedback to mee, if they cancel it they cant, and i think there are other issues involved?

i dont trust them not like them anymore, so ill do the cancelation, just want to know if i ask them to do it from the side
if there is  a way i can leave them negative feedback or something
and if i be better off making a second chance offer to the other bidders on jsut place them as BIN ?

please help

the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: buyer that won auction now wants to cancel because they found cheaper one
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »
I believe the buyer only has a 1 hour window to cancel an auction, so you will need to cancel it.

You cannot give a buyer negative feedback. . .

I think it's easier to just relist the item as a BiN.. I've done second offers before and then there was no response so it took me like a week just actually get it sold with a bin.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »
oh, ok
ill do that
thanks for the advice
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
No problem..

Sorry you had a rotten buyer. If it's any consolation, it's probably better they didn't get the item. I could see that type of person complain after they get the item.

I would block them from bidding on any future items.

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:44:51 PM »
Honestly i would have reported them as a non paying bidder and let ebay deal with them. Then it would go on their record with ebay and effect what they can bid on in the future.
~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 01:43:41 AM »
Honestly i would have reported them as a non paying bidder and let ebay deal with them. Then it would go on their record with ebay and effect what they can bid on in the future.

I believe you have to open up a case to do a NBP, which I really don't think helps this situation.. the buyer paid for all of the items (I think).  Its better to end it asap and move on.

Besides eBay doesnt really punish anyone...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:26:00 AM by banditpony »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »

Besides eBay doesnt really punish anyone...
Sadly true. But still doesn't mean reporting them is a bad idea.

Sorry to the OP that this happened, it sounds like you got a sucky bidder :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 06:32:53 AM »
I agree with blocking them!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 05:37:16 AM »
I'm sorry you had such a bad buyer :(   you are probably better off not selling to them though - they sound very picky and could have made more problems later. Much better to cancel and relist your item as a buy it now  :awake:
Block the person as the others have advised so that they can't do this to you again in the future  (thanks for posting your advice peeps :bigups:  )  I would also report the buyer to ebay too, even if the situation is resolved now.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »
I agree with Ringlets here!!! They could make your problem worst for you. I say let them go and try again!
:frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal