collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with Greek moonstone and sunlight. Damaged in transit  (Read 8185 times)

Offline rosesare

• Trade Count: (+298)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Help with Greek moonstone and sunlight. Damaged in transit
« on: October 28, 2018, 04:47:13 AM »
So I recently sold a moc Greek moonstone and sunlight on eBay but when they arrived to the buyer the bubbles had come loose. They were sealed when I sent them but unfortunately they weren’t insured as I always mark a low value to save on customs.

What is the value of blue moonstone and blue sunlight loose in mint condition with the card? I want to figure out a fair partial refund.

Thanks

[ :hug: moving to trading support for you love pkw xxx]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:49:33 AM by pinkkittywinks »

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Greek moonstone and sunlight. Damaged in transit
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 04:35:14 PM »
IMO that would really be depending on the expectations of condition... I mean, how bad really was the damage?  Like severe bending, separation of the cardboard?  Did your buyer have a suggestion?  Depending on if you sold them at a reasonable price - greeks seem a bit fickle with some moonstone and sunlight only 150-250 range when they used to be a hundred more on average that if it were me I would maybe comp the postage costs which would be 20ish so like 10% ish range??  That's just my opinion, see what your buyer says and look to work it out because it also seems they wanted a break on customs fees, well that's the price for not having insurance in some sense.  Hoping your buyer is reasonable as you seem like a really reasonable seller to work to offer a refund for rough handling out of your control

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 06:30:45 PM »
For awhile moc where selling the same prices as loose mint ponies. It depends on the price you sold them for really but I think $10-20 per pony is fair.
Did you choose to mark the value low for the buyer or did the buyer ask? If they buyer asked well it really is on them in my opinion and you wouldn't need to refund. If you did it out of good will I would refund a bit but next time just ask the buyer about customs and values and let them know if its marked low on there request then they are reasonable for damage costs etc

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 01:18:37 PM »
Was there any damage to the boxes or packing the ponies were sent in?

It's possible the glue was brittle because it's old and if the boxes got shaken up or bashed it would cause the bubble to separate. Some ponies are firm on their cards and others can be loose due to the glue perishing over time.

IMHO there isn't too much difference prices between a MOC vs. a loose Greek. I agree with the value of between $150-200 each for Sunlight and Moonstone. Loose they go for $20-50 less depending on their condition of course.

I hope you are able to resolve this with your buyer :hug:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline rosesare

• Trade Count: (+298)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 04:43:50 PM »
Thank you for the reply everyone. I should have waited for the replies until resolving the issue. Despite my wrapping them in bubble wrap and in a strong box the glue detached from the card almost completely for moonstone and partially for sunlight.  The cards were mildly musty so I think they had been exposed to moisture previous to me owning them. That coupled with obviously being thrown around in the mail caused them to detach.

Even though I couldn’t really afford it I refunded almost half what was paid as I just wanted to resolve it and felt bad that the buyer was so disappointed. Everything was resolved and refund issues less than an hour after the very first message. After all that she left me neutral feedback ruining my 100% positive . :(

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
Neutral feedback will not reduce your 100% positive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal