collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My first ever G1 thrift find!!  (Read 9099 times)

Offline milko

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
My first ever G1 thrift find!!
« on: November 05, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
I've been looking for so long in the same thrift store for good ponies, but all I ever see are Mcdonalds G4+G3.5s and many many weird looking fakies but today I found Princess Primrose!!  :shocked:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She doesn't seem to be in very bad condition at all! She has a few marks here and there but it doesn't look like anything that can't be fixed pretty easily! (other than the cut portion but I don't mind too much since I'll be keeping her) :biggrin:
I didn't do anything to her yet, the photos are straight out of the bag.

I also found some G3s which aren't my favorite gen but they are pretty cute!
Spoiler
Gardenia Glow II

Magic Marigold

And Jazz Matazz sporting a very short faux-hawk

I don't know very much about G3 ponies, but after cleaning them up I'll probably trade them and customize Jazz (unless anyone wants her? I'm also not sure if she's rare or not so if anyone knows please let me know!)

I'm definitely keeping Primrose though since she's the first G1 I've had since childhood!  :biggrin:
I'm so happy I found her

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: My first ever G1 thrift find!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »
Congrats!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
Great find, I love the princess ponies!  :frolic: The only thing close to "pony" in the thrift stores near the town I live in are porcelain horse dolls. I've been hoping to find some retired ponies there for a while. Btw, I have her UK counterpart Princess Ruby who is not really much different.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 07:18:48 AM »
Congrats on your new ponies! I love your background also! :)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:10:54 AM »
Woot! Congrats on your first G1 thrift find, and princess pony too! :cool:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 08:12:53 AM »
What great finds! Princess Primrose is beautiful. :lovey: She's one of my favorites.

Your G3s are cute too. :D
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »
Congratulations! Nothing beats the thrill of finding your first G1 in the wild. Mostly what I find around here are Mc D's G4s and G4 in general. So G1s and even G3 are rare, great finds.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 12:24:42 PM »
It's amazing to find a G1 in the wild :D Congrats!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 12:46:09 PM »
Jazz Matazz looks cute with the haircut.  :) And congrats on the Princess! Thrift finds are wonderful!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline milko

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 08:46:29 PM »
Congrats!
Thanks!   :biggrin:

It's amazing to find a G1 in the wild :D Congrats!
Yeah! It’s so hard to find any 80s toys at this point, I was lucky with a carebear recently too though so hopefully my luck will keep going!  ^.^

Congratulations! Nothing beats the thrill of finding your first G1 in the wild. Mostly what I find around here are Mc D's G4s and G4 in general. So G1s and even G3 are rare, great finds.
Thank you!
Yeah same here! Most of the G3’s are still mcdonald’s... and usually in a very sad state  :(

What great finds! Princess Primrose is beautiful. :lovey: She's one of my favorites.

Your G3s are cute too. :D
She really is! I love the pink and turquoise or blue colour schemes on ponies, they’re so cute  :blush:
Yeah! I’m starting to like them a bit more as I get to look at them up close!

Woot! Congrats on your first G1 thrift find, and princess pony too! :cool:
Thank you!   :biggrin:

Congrats on your new ponies! I love your background also! :)
Thank you! I put it together really quickly just got the photos lol!

Great find, I love the princess ponies!  :frolic: The only thing close to "pony" in the thrift stores near the town I live in are porcelain horse dolls. I've been hoping to find some retired ponies there for a while. Btw, I have her UK counterpart Princess Ruby who is not really much different.
Thank you! There are so many of those porcelean horses here too  :lol: I always see them in the windows of old women’s houses haha but some of them are pretty cute...
Oooh I looked at Princess Ruby’s wiki page and yeah it looks like the hair length is the main difference, I think she looks nice in either style it’s nice to have the choice between the two  :biggrin:

Jazz Matazz looks cute with the haircut.  :) And congrats on the Princess! Thrift finds are wonderful!

Haha yeah she looks pretty punk doesn’t she?   :lol:
Thank you! They really are exciting I hope I can keep finding more

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 11:07:57 PM »
Hooray, congrats on finding your Princess! That's a great find for your first  :)

And watch out for those G3's, they can sneak up on you and before you know it you are collecting them too

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 03:47:57 AM »
Just to stop this becoming a myth, Ruby and Primrose are the same pony. Hasbro sold them with different names and accessories. Hair length etc can be a variation from factory (though the OP's one has a hair trim) due to the time of production for the UK market being slightly later than the US, that's all.

On topic, finding any G1 in a second hand situation is amazing, lots of congrats for that. I'm sure she'll clean up nicely :D I love the Princesses, they're a great set.

Re Jazz Matazz, it's maybe possible her hair had a rotting incident and the rest of it was cut to match up with the missing section. Jazz Matazz is known for having problems with the pink in her hair breaking and falling out with age...so that's a possible explanation. I am not sure how rare she is in general, but in my opinion in that condition what you do with her is your choice. Some people sometimes rehair her to fix the damage, but it's just as viable to make her into something else I guess...

I haven't seen that version of Gardenia Glow before.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:49:39 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 06:10:01 PM »
This is a great brag :happy: I  love reading about G1 ponies still showing up 'in the wild', and especially to a collector who hasn't found one before.  What a great stroke of luck!  I hope you are on a roll now and your pony luck continues :happy:

Offline milko

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 07:02:34 PM »
Hooray, congrats on finding your Princess! That's a great find for your first  :)

And watch out for those G3's, they can sneak up on you and before you know it you are collecting them too
Thank you! Yeah I know! I’m not sure I would’ve seen her so easily if it weren’t for the raised symbol haha  ^.^
I’m going to need more shelves if it comes to that!

Just to stop this becoming a myth, Ruby and Primrose are the same pony. Hasbro sold them with different names and accessories. Hair length etc can be a variation from factory (though the OP's one has a hair trim) due to the time of production for the UK market being slightly later than the US, that's all.

On topic, finding any G1 in a second hand situation is amazing, lots of congrats for that. I'm sure she'll clean up nicely :D I love the Princesses, they're a great set.

Re Jazz Matazz, it's maybe possible her hair had a rotting incident and the rest of it was cut to match up with the missing section. Jazz Matazz is known for having problems with the pink in her hair breaking and falling out with age...so that's a possible explanation. I am not sure how rare she is in general, but in my opinion in that condition what you do with her is your choice. Some people sometimes rehair her to fix the damage, but it's just as viable to make her into something else I guess...

I haven't seen that version of Gardenia Glow before.
Oh that’s interesting, thank you for that information!

Thank you! I gave her a pretty basic wash and she came out very clean already! Only one mark didn’t come out and it’s not too noticeable  :satisfied:

Oh that would make sense, I’ll probably eventually just rehair her, other than the hair she’s in pretty good condition I think i’d feel bad using her as a custom at this point after thinking through it.

This is a great brag :happy: I  love reading about G1 ponies still showing up 'in the wild', and especially to a collector who hasn't found one before.  What a great stroke of luck!  I hope you are on a roll now and your pony luck continues :happy:
Thanks you so much! I hope so too!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »
Super nice finds there, congrats to you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal