collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has Hasbro really given up on the brushables line?  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Has Hasbro really given up on the brushables line?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »
We have gotten quite a few mainline toys recently, come to think of it.

Soarin
Trixie Lulamoon
Starlight Glimmer
Pretzel
Princess Skystar
Haven Bay
Big Macintosh
Cherry Berry
Coloratura
Nurse Redheart
Meadow Flower
Sapphire Joy
Seaswirl
Songbird Serenade
Tempest Shadow
Sandbar
Sweetie Drops

And some of them do have decent and unusual designs.

Granted, that's a pitiful amount compared to the sheer, obsessive awfulness of Mane Sux characters Hasbroken has been pumping out this gen. Bah!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 07:48:32 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »
Ohhhh. I thought it was just me! Every single time I go into Target There are only like 3 ponies on the shelf and no new ones ever get put out. It sucks because I really wanted the newer see-through Luna that was supposed to come out this year. oh well.

I guess......Cutie Mark Crew is here to stay....(blegh)

Offline legodrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »
It’s sad, cause the thrill of MLP (at least to me) was to get them all, get all the different characters, with distinctive cutie marks, personalities, different body colors and different mane colors. Now everything is mane six, and pink ponies mostly. The boldest color this gen was Big Mac?? 😑
They don’t even dare to release brushable (regular size) Luna in dark/right color

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »
My big lots still has the ponies with ribbon in the hair, the main six ones, that are from ages ago toy line wise, and they have pearly ones. I think my work place is not gonna carry anything anymore the few we do have are all marked way down.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »
To me ponies have been going downhill for the last few years! I could not bring myself to keep buying the same ponies over and over! And they are starting to look more like deer with big ears then ponies!

I wish Hasbro would go back towards the G3 nd G1 styles! It will be sad to see that time come again when there are no more ponies in the stores. I remember when the happen from the G1 to the G2 ponies and then it was done! :(

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 01:18:24 PM »
To me ponies have been going downhill for the last few years! I could not bring myself to keep buying the same ponies over and over! And they are starting to look more like deer with big ears then ponies!

I wish Hasbro would go back towards the G3 nd G1 styles! It will be sad to see that time come again when there are no more ponies in the stores. I remember when the happen from the G1 to the G2 ponies and then it was done! :(

:iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Water Lily

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Hi Everypony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »
The lack of new toys this year makes me really feel like this gen is winding down. The MLP sections at both Target and Walmart have dramatically shrunk. It really is time for something fresh and new.
I agree! Our stores have barely anything let alone anything new! I see some stuff online but it's true, its time for a change! Ready for G5!

You can never go wrong with being kind. :good:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »
I just went and bought three boys on Ebay, I don't mind the styling of the boys in G4.5 or whatever it is but I won't get any others. I was very tempted by Haven Bay but the rest of the sea ponies in this gen didn't appeal to me for various design reasons that i can't get beyond, even though some of them are really nice otherwise.

Edit: It's a shame that Soarin isn't in available in the same mold to match the others. The 'All About' version doesn't really appeal to me much.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:00:28 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »

:iconclap:

Thank you! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal