collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dream Castle cape variations.  (Read 1426 times)

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Dream Castle cape variations.
« on: November 04, 2018, 06:30:02 AM »
I've recently added a glass cabinet to my pony room that fits both my Dream Castle and lavender Dream Castle.  As I put them in I noticed that I have two purple capes for the original and they are definitely different colours.  The deeper purple (bottom) matches the felt flags and came with it but I somehow managed to acquire a second one at some point and it's been in my trade box under the assumption it was a double until I compared the condition between the two.  I can't find any source that suggests that there are cape variations for the original DC.  I know the Italian DC is a different shade of pink but I've not been able to find information on what colour it's cape is.

Does anyone know what the deal is with this weird colour cape?  It's definitely not faded.  Is there non-US pony wear that uses a cape like this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Castle cape variations.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:44 PM »
Nobody knows anything about cape variations?
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:54:41 AM »
I seem to recall getting a few different types of DC capes, your lighter purple one being the less common, also less dense / more flexible than the (what I believe is) standard darker purple?  They're probably just factory variants - Dream Castle was heavily produced. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »
Peachy also had an accessory like that, but hers was pink.  Definitely not one of the two you have, I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone has a pink cape in their trade box. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal