collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help please - best way to clean ingrained dirt from pony bodies  (Read 840 times)

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Help please - best way to clean ingrained dirt from pony bodies
« on: November 03, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »
Hi

Have just found six G1s in the wild (I'm rather excited as haven't found any wild ones for years!).
They are rather grubby to say the least. The tail rust and haircuts I can deal with but some of them have really ingrained dirt on their bodies. I've given them a scrub but they will need more.

What's the latest thinking on how to deal with the dirt? Would appreciate some advice.

For info : The really grubby ponies are North Star (still with salvageable hair so need to be careful around her mane), Posey and Floater who will need rehairing and a Lemon Drop with a black mark on her face.  There's also a Ringlets BnG with a broken mechanism but still lovely hair and Beachball with frizz but they scrubbed up fine. Am thrilled with the find :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:42:18 AM by PoserBeachball »

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
Re: Help please - best way to clean ingrained dirt from pony bodies
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 04:52:11 AM »
ingrained dirt can be fixed with hot hot water, soap, and a lot of scraping/scrubbing, people use scissors i believe? there's a few tutorials out there- this one still has pictures (if it doesn't jump to where you need to be, it's called "smooze")

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 11:36:13 AM »
ingrained dirt can be fixed with hot hot water, soap, and a lot of scraping/scrubbing, people use scissors i believe? there's a few tutorials out there- this one still has pictures (if it doesn't jump to where you need to be, it's called "smooze")

That's the best method I've found. I always just scrape it away with my fingernail, however. For some reason I find that it just seems to work better. *shrug* But it can't hurt to experiment!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »

That's the best method I've found. I always just scrape it away with my fingernail, however. For some reason I find that it just seems to work better. *shrug* But it can't hurt to experiment!

ah yeah, i know some people find it a bit gross though >.< i used a plastic tool from... something? maybe a hair removal cream? no clue... i don't know what it actually was, just a smooth flat edge though, the only time i had to do it, and it worked fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal