collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi Stars?  (Read 16321 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Novi Stars?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »
Lovin' your Nita and Doe - and Doe fits in so nicely with your memories of the trip, what a great idea! :)
What body is Nita on, Haunted Spectra's (it seems too shiny to be Catrine's)?

*drumroll* ... ... ... today I finally managed to take a picture of my rebodied Una, and after all those years of sitting around naked (poor thing...) she has a dress :shocked: :rofl:
Freaky Field Trip Gigi Grant's dress seems to be meant for her, I don't know how I didn't think of this earlier... I am in love with how she looks now!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Una in the snow
by ~Loona~, on Flickr

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 04:36:46 AM »
strawberry I hope you are getting a ton of fun customizing ideas :-)

yep = haunted = this one
https://www.amazon.com/Monster-High-Getting-Ghostly-Vondergeist/dp/B00O59AEEO

and OMG - yes :-) that dress is perfect and the photo is gorgeous work! well done on the capture :-) just beautiful pose to fade background - lovely

:art: :yikes:  yeah we don't talk about my "box" of unfinished works  (poor bodies...) I do so hope there is no "toy story" for real with some of my decapitated novi and MH concoctions before I finally am done... my craft room would be likened to sid's  mid-surgery

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »
Oooh, maycrestmom, Loona, I looove your hybrids!!! Una looks gorgeous in that dress :lovey:

and aaaa Crystal-Sushi you KNOW how much I love your designs <333 I think Lita Ning, Coco Mette and your take on Ina are my favourites. I wish they were real! MGA should hire you if they ever reboot Novis ^^

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 01:08:16 PM »
thanks for the compliments maycrestmom and Carrehz :blush:
Una* has since been residing on my desk - I haven't found her permanent place yet, but I know I'd like to keep her close.  I've been meaning to clean my desk in the near future, hopefully after that I'll be able to decide on the best spot for her.

*big Una, I mean. Little Una has been here for years now :) It is strange how I never thought of Una as my favourite Novi, not even among top favourites... but seeing she is basically the only one out on display (and now also in two versions), well, I have to admit she has certain... superpowers? :D

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:51 AM »
Oooh, maycrestmom, Loona, I looove your hybrids!!! Una looks gorgeous in that dress :lovey:

and aaaa Crystal-Sushi you KNOW how much I love your designs <333 I think Lita Ning, Coco Mette and your take on Ina are my favourites. I wish they were real! MGA should hire you if they ever reboot Novis ^^

Aww again you flatter me Carrehz :heart: I'd love to work for MGA one day but I doubt they'd hire a nobody from Australia XD
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 08:01:31 AM »
such pretty photos!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kerry483

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kerry483.deviantart.com
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 01:41:22 AM »
Quality is a bit hit or miss, but I adore the ones I have.

She is my absolute fave, I have her dressed in this skin. It's the stellar skinz gali lexi. The hair is a wig, and it does have some issues with falling off (and I don't have the wings and tail in, btw the tail fits the mh dolls, if you want to cast it or paint it)

I also have a couple of others like this one

And I can't remember the other 3 I have (they are currently in storage)

Their clothes can either be cheap or nice, again the hit or miss.

Shoes are pretty awesome, and the glow in the dark planet stands are cool as hell.

Their eyelashes are ridiculous but I love them, they are glittery and stupidly long.

The makeup is so alien and awesome. I just love the idea of them and I wish they had more lines, and that more had actually made it into Australian stores (I had to buy most of mine online)

I'm gonna pick up a couple more on ebay soon, there are 2 or 3 selling $30aud new in box, and honestly I am happy paying that for an interesting doll like this. Definitely wouldn't pay more than 30nib unless you fall in love with one.

Pick one up and see how you feel.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 09:47:21 PM »
Oh Kerry!  I love the one showing her bones! 

I have about three of these girls... this one is my favorite.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 10:21:40 PM »
Oh, I've got one now! Bid for her on eBay, she arrived a few days ago!

Spoiler

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 02:44:10 PM »
Great choice TheBeatlesPkmnFan42, I always loved the overall look of Orbit Beach Mae! <3

I actually came here exactly to ask for help about her: could anyone who have her try to give me an MLP hair colour match for her hair? I would like to buy hair in this colour (which is not the same as the original Mae's hair colour, this is more teal, where original Mae's hair is light blue), and I thought by knowing the match in the MLP world I could get the closest match from Dollyhair. Thanks to anyone who can help! :)

On another note: I guess I'll just have to admit that Una is one of, if not the favourite Novi of mine :P I just cleaned my desk of almost everything, I really got fed up with the mess... some dolls were removed too, but both lil' and big Una stayed, I didn't even have to think about it. Aaaaaand, I am thinking of giving a little makeover to an extra Una head I have. Sigh, I really don't need more dolls, my original intention with digging into the "Novi project box" was to decide which ones to get rid of :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:50:49 PM by Loona »

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »
...so, this happened during the weekend. The makeover I was planning earlier has been done, and now there are 3 Una Verse dolls living on my desk :lookround:

I love how she looks on the Equestria Girl body, and for some reason it also doesn't bother me that the head and the body do not match in colour (Rarity's body is what I had at hand) - probably because the original body also does not match, and I'm sure the dress helps too. I'll have to find a jointed Rainbow Dash body for her, but (surprisingly) I did not want to postpone the body swap until I do, so until that happens, she stays like this.

Here are two closer shots of the small changes I did to her hair: I removed the blue streaks and added ones that match her make-up instead. Luckily I did not have to buy anything: I had these two cheapo hair extensions that were exactly the same colours :cool: They are not the best quality, but the original Novis did not have that good quality hair either to begin with, and bad quality hair is more manageable when the hair is straight.

As for her bangs: I originally wanted to cut it even shorter, but I feared I will screw it up, so I stopped. Her eyebrows (eyedots?) show, which is what I wanted, so I'm OK with how she looks now, but I may give it another go later and try to cut the bangs even shorter in a moment of courage :P I love how she looks with her hair down like this, but I also love when her cute ears show, and in addition, I wanted her to look a bot more different from her original version, which is why she ended up with pigtails (I originally planned two braids - I may try those out later).

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 05:39:33 PM »
She’s so pretty! I love that hair.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 03:07:28 AM »
Thank you! :)
What I forgot to mention in my previous post is that she unfortunately does not have her antennae... she came to me like that, in a lot. I often not notice it, but when I realise it, it does bug me, so I'll either have to find her some, or make her some (luckily Una's antenna shape does not seem to be that difficult to reproduce by hand, but I don't know if I could recreate that same glossy finish).

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 02:00:00 PM »
oooh nice to see EQ body swap :-)

love the new do :-)  and yeah... it is funny how toys just magically sprout on shelves ;-) always a party for sure

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 02:16:25 PM »
Bumping this to ask a yet unanswered question again - hopefully someone who knows the answer will see it now :)
Could anyone who has Orbit Beach Mae Tallick try to give me an MLP hair colour match for her teal hair? I would like to buy hair in this teal colour (which is not the same as the original Mae's hair colour, that is more light blue), and I thought by knowing the match in the MLP world I could get the closest match from Dollyhair.

No picture yet unfortunately, but since my last post I managed to find a Rainbow Dash who donated her body to my EG Una, who looks even better now :inlove: Now only to hunt down a pair of antennae for her to make her complete :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal